Poll

What song works better in the second slot?

Out of Control
13 (17.8%)
The Electric Co
26 (35.6%)
Gloria
34 (46.6%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: Best "Second Slot" Song (SPOILERS)  (Read 1371 times)

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
Re: Best "Second Slot" Song (SPOILERS)
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2015, 05:43:16 AM »
There is no better time than right now during their 8 shows at MSG for U2 to throw caution to the wind and just go crazy with the setlist.  The perfect opportunity would be the 7th and 8th show.  By this time the casual fans would have seen the show already and the final 2 shows would most likely be made up of the hardcore fans.  This would be the best time for them to have a rarities night.  Play Electric co, OOC, Gloria, October, Lucifer's Hands, Crystal Balloom,  bring out 11 O'clock Tick Tock, we know they rehearsed Two Hearts, so bring it out also all in one show, add a few more rarities and guaranteed the place will go nuts.  If they do it, it will probably go down as the best show of the tour and also one of the best in U2's history.  Will it happen?  No, but if they just have faith and give it a shot they might be pleasantly surprised at the reaction of the crowd as it could be one of the loudest of the tour.

hrsan

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2015, 08:32:04 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There is no better time than right now during their 8 shows at MSG for U2 to throw caution to the wind and just go crazy with the setlist.  The perfect opportunity would be the 7th and 8th show.  By this time the casual fans would have seen the show already and the final 2 shows would most likely be made up of the hardcore fans.  This would be the best time for them to have a rarities night.  Play Electric co, OOC, Gloria, October, Lucifer's Hands, Crystal Balloom,  bring out 11 O'clock Tick Tock, we know they rehearsed Two Hearts, so bring it out also all in one show, add a few more rarities and guaranteed the place will go nuts.  If they do it, it will probably go down as the best show of the tour and also one of the best in U2's history.  Will it happen?  No, but if they just have faith and give it a shot they might be pleasantly surprised at the reaction of the crowd as it could be one of the loudest of the tour.

Works for me.   

Offline andrewau2

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Smack in the centre of contradiction = place to be
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2015, 09:36:42 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I chose Gloria but I really like how they change it up (wish they would even more!)

It would be great if they added Two Hearts Beat As One as well as mix in some other up-tempo early songs in that slot too like Street Mission, A Celebration, Seconds, and Like a Song and then swap out other songs.

Well, they rotated in Two Hearts, now if they would consider some of the others I mentioned...