Poll

Who gets gypped more

North America
10 (47.6%)
Europe
11 (52.4%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Who gets gypped more out of U2 shows  (Read 2491 times)

hrsan

Who gets gypped more out of U2 shows
« on: July 20, 2015, 01:23:04 PM »
It's no question that Australia, Asia, Africa, and South America gets less shows combined than New York City or London, but looking over their history of touring, who gets gypped more?   Is it North America or Europe when it comes to number of shows, places toured, songs played, and opening acts?

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
Re: Who gets gypped more out of U2 shows
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 01:51:23 PM »
Canada we only got 3 cities not fair

Offline Jswallow

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 01:54:37 PM »
They always tour the US twice on every tour,, last time they toured uk was 6 years ago...!!

SpookyElectric

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 02:27:40 PM »
logistically, it's more profitable to tour North America than elsewhere including Europe.  that might have some bearing on it.

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 03:34:31 AM »
I feel that U2 really should do more cities rather than doing many dates in one city. The fans really loose out elsewhere. They could easily do more cities in North America and extend the tour rather than starting in May and finishing in November with a month break. For instance 8 nights in New York? really?so many fans loose out who are unable to afford the travel. I don't think it is fair to the fans. Take Canada they only played 3 cities I hope their plans are to come back here. They seem to gravitate to certain cities and  in my opinion it's not fair to the fans. They should tour more cities pace themselves so more fans can see in them. The money is there I don't understand why they are so selective and spend more time in one city than another. My opinion. I really feel sorry for so many fans who miss out.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 03:48:33 AM by mariamontreal »

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 05:22:16 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I feel that U2 really should do more cities rather than doing many dates in one city. The fans really loose out elsewhere. They could easily do more cities in North America and extend the tour rather than starting in May and finishing in November with a month break.

The fan travel arrangement could be argued, but I'm not sure if it's completely 'easier' for them to just do city after city. I want to say that someone on the team has said it was pretty convenient for them to set up base in one place and not have to disassemble and reassemble the stage over-and-over again.

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 05:52:11 AM »
They could easily do 2-3 nights in more cities than 5 and 8 shows seriously in some cities. There is no excuse they tour every four years. They are becoming lazy and have preferred cities that's my opinion. It's still not right. I am glad they played 4 nights in Montreal, but this is for all the other cities that they don't play in which are close. I feel bad for them.

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 06:43:08 AM »
I wouldn't doubt that it'd be nice for them to hit a few more cities, but I think calling them "lazy" is a bit much. Plenty of fans are willing to travel out for them anyway and they're not exactly younglings anymore. At least they're not restricting it to only a Las Vegas residency or whatever.

Besides, if there's another leg next year, that'll probably put some of those complaints out to pasture. That and I'm sure those markets will be ready for another show after the 360 tour ones anyway.

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 07:21:29 AM »
When I say lazy I am referring to the fact that not all fans can afford to travel to see them so they don't put much effort to go to other cities. To assume that everyone had money to travel anywhere to see them is incorrect. If such is the case I wouldn't be posting on this subject if I could afford to go to multiple cities to see them.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 07:24:29 AM by mariamontreal »

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 09:00:00 AM »
North America because they didn't come to Texas!

Offline skelter

• Staring at the Sun
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 10:15:11 AM »
It is very unfair that Disneyland does not come to British Columbia for me and my family.

Disney had money and surely they could do it. Everyone knows they are in the business of bringing happiness to fans much more than actually turning a profit. It's so unfair and Disney is just so lazy as to not bring me extra happiness (me = sample size of 1)

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 03:25:25 PM »
It rains too much in British Columbia You are misinterpreting, they are very comfortable.. playing longer in certain cities. They are far from lazy they are the best band in the world and I love them to death.I just wish they would do more cities. Better!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 04:14:47 PM by mariamontreal »

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 04:24:03 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It rains too much in British Columbia You are misinterpreting, they are very comfortable.. playing longer in certain cities. They are far from lazy they are the best band in the world and I love them to death.I just wish they would do more cities. Better!

It's rained 1 day in the last 3 months in Vancouver! Our weather patterns have really changed in the last 10 years.

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 04:40:54 PM »
Indeed this has been a very nice year, my brother lives in B.C.beautiful it's God's Country you are very lucky to live in such a gorgeous place.

Offline Giga Razor

• Stateless
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 05:58:57 PM »
Dublin,Ireland gets no shows this year which is a major 2 fingers to their home fans after initially saying they would then saying no venue was big enough for their silly production ,most fans want a straight forward plug in and play gig which they could do in the Point depot  without all the bells and whistles,U2 have become so detached from reality it's sad ,money seems to be the driving factor behind this tour while the most loyal fans lose out .