Poll

Who gets gypped more

North America
10 (47.6%)
Europe
11 (52.4%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Who gets gypped more out of U2 shows  (Read 2481 times)

Offline JaraSangASongAWeapon

• Party Girl/Boy
  • And the moon turned red over One Tree Hill
Re: Who gets gypped more out of U2 shows
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2015, 12:05:12 AM »
Going rogue...all but New Zealand get "gypped", because NZ gets to hear "One Tree Hill" near One Tree FREAKING Hill.

Offline dougie

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • A Bozo on the bus going nowhere!
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2015, 09:11:01 AM »
The European Union has over 500 million people. U.S.A. And Canada has  around 340 million. The EU should get almost 50 percent more shows than NA per population. Europe is getting the short end of the stick!

iehomecoming

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2015, 09:14:03 AM »
I'm betting the European union has higher unemployment and less disposable income; U2 has never been shy about following the money.

Asia has a population of 4 BILLION, how many shows have they gotten ?

hrsan

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2015, 09:20:32 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm betting the European union has higher unemployment and less disposable income; U2 has never been shy about following the money.

Asia has a population of 4 BILLION, how many shows have they gotten ?

Asia is not a question of their people, it's a question of their Governments.

iehomecoming

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2015, 09:55:05 AM »
Other big names have played China, Indonesia, Singapore, India, South Korea, etc. Who has stopped U2 playing there other than U2 ?

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2015, 10:02:40 AM »
Dublin,Ireland gets no shows this year which is a major 2 fingers to their home fans after initially saying they would then saying no venue was big enough for their silly production ,most fans want a straight forward plug in and play gig which they could do in the Point depot  without all the bells and whistles,U2 have become so detached from reality it's sad ,money seems to be the driving factor behind this tour while the most loyal fans lose out .
Don't they usually announce dates in Dublin near the end.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2015, 10:18:37 AM »

It rains too much in British Columbia You are misinterpreting, they are very comfortable.. playing longer in certain cities. They are far from lazy they are the best band in the world and I love them to death.I just wish they would do more cities. Better!

It's rained 1 day in the last 3 months in Vancouver! Our weather patterns have really changed in the last 10 years.

Dang, in Pittsburgh it has rained more this summer than ever. We've only had 50-something dry days this year.

hrsan

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2015, 11:17:34 AM »
Other big names have played China, Indonesia, Singapore, India, South Korea, etc. Who has stopped U2 playing there other than U2 ?

Yes other artists have, usually just once.   

iehomecoming

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2015, 11:55:10 AM »
Once >>>Never

hrsan

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2015, 12:19:30 PM »
It took the Rolling Stones over 30 years to get to China.  Then another 8 to play again.  Give it some time.  I'm sure U2 will make their way to China, India and all the other places.   Keep in mind, it's expensive to bring a show to just one country for just one show.  Not to mention the hassle of getting the proper visas. plus the Chinese government tells the band what songs they can and can't play. 

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2015, 10:48:58 PM »

It took the Rolling Stones over 30 years to get to China.  Then another 8 to play again.  Give it some time.  I'm sure U2 will make their way to China, India and all the other places.   Keep in mind, it's expensive to bring a show to just one country for just one show.  Not to mention the hassle of getting the proper visas. plus the Chinese government tells the band what songs they can and can't play.

I would purposely not play China because of that. Then again, they did play in Moscow on 360.

Waffles

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2015, 12:12:05 AM »
Dublin,Ireland gets no shows this year which is a major 2 fingers to their home fans after initially saying they would then saying no venue was big enough for their silly production ,most fans want a straight forward plug in and play gig which they could do in the Point depot  without all the bells and whistles,U2 have become so detached from reality it's sad ,money seems to be the driving factor behind this tour while the most loyal fans lose out .

I think dublin will be announced with the 2016 dates or in October.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2015, 03:44:13 AM »
I didn't vote, because I don't think anybody gets gypped. We should all think ourselves very lucky to be able to attend any shows. I'm from Australia (though often live elsewhere), so have sometimes had to wait many, many years between shows. I think of each show as a gift.

As for calling the band 'lazy'. If you were wealthy, would you be travelling far from your family, for 2 2/1 months at a time? Performing your hearts out for 2 1/2 hours, on average just about every other night, while multiple band members have injuries to deal with. A month "break" between legs, which will no doubt include quite some time for more rehearsals & working on the new album. Then do it all over again for another 2 1/2 months.

This tour will no doubt run for a very long time. No wonder the band wants to ease the burden on themselves (& improve their finances) by playing mini - residences in fewer cities. Who would want to change hotels every couple of days for such a long period. Instead of labelling the band 'lazy' for not coming to every little neck of the woods for one show, how about working hard, saving some cash, getting off your asses & travelling to a couple of shows. Instead for expecting the band to come to you, their most 'loyal' fans.

Enjoy every minute of every show you get to see!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 03:54:14 AM by d.darroch »

Offline acrobat62

• Elevated
  • I'm hatching some plot, scheming some scheme
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2015, 08:23:12 AM »
I didn't vote, because I don't think anybody gets gypped. We should all think ourselves very lucky to be able to attend any shows. I'm from Australia (though often live elsewhere), so have sometimes had to wait many, many years between shows. I think of each show as a gift.

As for calling the band 'lazy'. If you were wealthy, would you be travelling far from your family, for 2 2/1 months at a time? Performing your hearts out for 2 1/2 hours, on average just about every other night, while multiple band members have injuries to deal with. A month "break" between legs, which will no doubt include quite some time for more rehearsals & working on the new album. Then do it all over again for another 2 1/2 months.

This tour will no doubt run for a very long time. No wonder the band wants to ease the burden on themselves (& improve their finances) by playing mini - residences in fewer cities. Who would want to change hotels every couple of days for such a long period. Instead of labelling the band 'lazy' for not coming to every little neck of the woods for one show, how about working hard, saving some cash, getting off your asses & travelling to a couple of shows. Instead for expecting the band to come to you, their most 'loyal' fans.

Enjoy every minute of every show you get to see!

+1

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2015, 09:34:44 AM »
This tour will no doubt run for a very long time. No wonder the band wants to ease the burden on themselves (& improve their finances) by playing mini - residences in fewer cities. Who would want to change hotels every couple of days for such a long period.

I imagine that their crew is also quite happy with not having to set up and take down stages every few days either.