Poll

What did you think ?

Meh. Roll eyes. Shake head. Move on.
Lady Gaga is awesome. Loved it.
U2 jumping shark for relevance. Classless gaga shouldn't be on the same stage.

Author Topic: The whole Lady Gaga thing  (Read 4896 times)

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
Re: The whole Lady Gaga thing
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2015, 04:27:43 PM »
I guess it comes back to the hammer

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2015, 04:51:23 PM »
The Troubles should only be performed by Lykke. I think LG would overdo the vocals like she did on OL

Blofeld

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2015, 04:58:07 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The Troubles should only be performed by Lykke. I think LG would overdo the vocals like she did on OL

true.

Offline jjack339

• Stateless
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2015, 06:00:00 PM »
I saw the Youtube clip thought she did a good job.

Clearly a few of the ladies on here didn't like it because they caught their man staring at her ar*e the entire song....  ;)    (I kid, sortuv)

Offline rpgiantsfan

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2015, 06:24:31 PM »
I think she added a nice spark to the show. Not a fan at all but she has a great voice.
I enjoyed it more than some random guy from the audience playing piano or guitar.
I have to admit, I thought some stripper was taking the stage when she walked up.

Offline jjack339

• Stateless
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2015, 06:50:25 PM »
I saw the Youtube clip thought she did a good job.

Clearly a few of the ladies on here didn't like it because they caught their man staring at her ar*e the entire song....  ;)    (I kid, sortuv)

im not sure, but seriously, what if a u2 fan did wear a 2 piece number like gaga--would they let her into the show?

is there a dress code for fans?

if my man looked at her, so what, then, when I caught bonos water... ;D

knowing Bono if she was pretty she would but up their dancing to Mysterious Ways.

Offline jonnydeaf

• Stateless
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2015, 07:01:38 PM »
It occurred to me that having Lady Gaga sing the co-vocal on "Troubles" would have given that song an interesting performance on this tour.

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2015, 07:04:44 PM »
I'm not a fan of hers so I wasn't really impressed or excited about it.

macfoley

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2015, 03:32:52 AM »
That was Lady Gaga? I thought it was a drag queen with a really bad voice!

It was horrendous. Maybe I am getting old, but maybe that was a time where U2 should have said "no"
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:32:03 AM by macfoley »

Offline U2Tim

• Refugee
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2015, 04:12:26 AM »
I'm not a fan of hers so I wasn't really impressed or excited about it.
Neither. Hope it's just a one-off.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2015, 05:28:10 AM »
Not a fan of Ordinary Love, and I have preferred the more democratic ethos where a fan comes onstage and performs with the band.  However, the crowd seemed to appreciate the performance and she played the piano and sung well.  It also seems rather one-sided to comment about how she dresses as I doubt anyone would say anything about "appropriateness" of clothing if a male performer had joined the band on stage. 

Offline TheRealEdge

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I Will Follow
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2015, 05:57:18 AM »
If I was a woman then I'd be upset.

All the hassle women have in this male-dominated world and LGG just comes on stage dressed like a w**** - it's true - and what does that say? That says 'only judge me by my body'.

I understand that there are stage clothes and all that - see Madge, Beyonce and Rhiana - and women can dress how they bloody well like (don't need men telling them what to wear), but it just makes me sad that 4 middle-aged men are all dressed in standard 'rock dad' clothing and Gaga is dressed like a slut.

Or am I getting old?

Offline Nikki_Silver

• Refugee
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2015, 06:13:29 AM »

All the hassle women have in this male-dominated world and LGG just comes on stage dressed like a w**** - it's true - and what does that say? That says 'only judge me by my body'.

I understand that there are stage clothes and all that - see Madge, Beyonce and Rhiana - and women can dress how they bloody well like (don't need men telling them what to wear), but it just makes me sad that 4 middle-aged men are all dressed in standard 'rock dad' clothing and Gaga is dressed like a slut.

Or am I getting old?
Imo, women should be allowed to dress how they feel comfortable, without being judged. Lady Gaga included.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2015, 06:23:00 AM »

Or am I getting old?
Imo, women should be allowed to dress how they feel comfortable, without being judged. Lady Gaga included.

Exactly.  You'll notice noone ever accuses a male star of dressing like a "slut" or "w****".  Such judgmental labels are always an attempt to shame women into dressing in ways the accuser finds "acceptable".

Offline Eno

• Wanderer
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2015, 06:25:14 AM »
I doubt anyone from U2 has ever listened to any of her albums in their entirety.