Poll

What did you think ?

Meh. Roll eyes. Shake head. Move on.
Lady Gaga is awesome. Loved it.
U2 jumping shark for relevance. Classless gaga shouldn't be on the same stage.

Author Topic: The whole Lady Gaga thing  (Read 4895 times)

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
Re: The whole Lady Gaga thing
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2015, 11:00:30 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I picked option 1, but I probably would have really liked it if she had actually worn clothing and didn't use the fake accent when it was her turn to sing.  She really is talented and I felt it was a shame that even on stage with U2, she felt the need to look like a slut and over exaggerate her voice.  An appropriate dress and singing with the great voice we all know she has would have made that performance so much better.

My thoughts precisely and none of the options convey what I felt being assaulted in person by that "performance" the other night.

Offline jjack339

• Stateless
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2015, 11:46:39 PM »
Who is to say what should or shouldn't be in U2 concert ? We all have opinions but really ultimately it's up to the band. Its the same response you give to uptight right wingers who dont want to see same sex kissing on TV. Dont like it ? Don't watch.

Good point,  however my U2 tour history has been very uplifting for the most part.  Family friendly and less sex, drugs and more uplifting music than most rock shows.  U2 do have a different vibe and spirituality to them than most bands.  It's a big reason why I like them so much. I also don't know why I see all the conservative right wing bashing on here.  Believe it or not U2 has many fans from Texas to Virginia and I'm guessing some right wingers in there.

Fricken Rick Santorum was at one of the shows in NYC. Yes, right wingers like U2. If he says something "on the left" you can just chalk it to "eh he is a performer, they all say that kind of stuff"

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2015, 11:51:41 PM »
Don't have time to read back right now. Should have been asleep hours ago, but my body is on U2 time!  ;) Leaving for the closing shows in the early am, on the bus so I can hopefully sleep a bit? Probably not! ha ha But, I loved that my Facebook feed basically had a severe attack of nausea when Bono fawned over Nancy Pelosi! Turnabout and all that. Bono gets it.

And on the Gaga front, fairly sure Lady Gaga wears clothing in the presence of Mr. Bennett...

iehomecoming

« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2015, 08:07:48 AM »
This just in. Right wingers and left wingers like U2. Straw men defeated.

Offline JHook

• Numb
  • Your voice was all I heard.
« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2015, 09:41:50 AM »
It is not her choices as a woman that bother me it is her choices in the corporate board room. I liken her over exposure in media outlets to be an affront to my personal space. It is like she is raping me.

You might need to look up the definition of rape, pal.

Offline philnmarks

• Wanderer
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2015, 10:57:11 AM »
I sort of enjoyed the addition of a piano to the song, really added some depth to it live and moved it forward a bit. Felt a bit like Gaga was being Gaga trying to out sing bono.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2015, 01:51:23 PM »
It is not her choices as a woman that bother me it is her choices in the corporate board room. I liken her over exposure in media outlets to be an affront to my personal space. It is like she is raping me.

You might need to look up the definition of rape, pal.

'Rape' and 'Nazi' should mean 'rape' and 'Nazi.'

I must have missed a memo; I am kind of in favor of women with insane bodies wearing little clothing. I guess I am just old-fashioned.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2015, 05:41:14 PM »
Idk....but I got to thinking that since ordinary love was a tribute to nelson mandella ...perhaps then lady gaga was over the top and in your face on purpose with her clothing choice, and particularly with u2, as a statement of freedom

she does provoke discussion and she does support gay rights

ireland was the first country to allow gay marriage

she made for an interesting and yes, controversial performance

that has us all talking about rights and image, and being a woman

she has the right to be who she is and freedom to express herself in her clothing choices at least here in the unites states

Im sure someone else can voice this better than me....

Very nicely put - thanks for your contribution.

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2015, 06:29:21 PM »
Assault?, rape??? Really??  I see people wear less walking in the middle of Manhattan on any given day.   She wore what was basically a bikini.  So you don't go to the beach cause you might see someone there dressed like that?  Geez, she wasn't having sex on stage, she was sitting playing a piano. 

Offline EnduringChill

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2015, 06:59:28 PM »
I don't really care what Lady Gaga wore onstage. But I must say that outfit's pretty practical for GA (besides the shoes, ouch!). At least for me, it was pretty hot being among so many people. Less clothing is better. ;D (She was in GA, right? That's how it looks in the video... Either way, I don't have any other strong opinions about her clothing choice.)

Offline TheRealEdge

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I Will Follow
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2015, 01:59:27 AM »
Assault?, rape??? Really??  I see people wear less walking in the middle of Manhattan on any given day.   She wore what was basically a bikini.  So you don't go to the beach cause you might see someone there dressed like that?  Geez, she wasn't having sex on stage, she was sitting playing a piano.

That's her next performance.

Online aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2015, 06:51:25 AM »
I was at this show (July 26th).  My wife and I traveled to NYC to see U2 at MSG...it was a great show.  I am no Lady Gaga fan, but whatevs...I don't think it's a grasp at relevance as much as them wanting to do a rotating guest list on the NYC shows...were the Ramone brothers still around, they probably would have been the guests at every NYC show.

What I was wondering about this show was the Japanese lady they invited up to the stage - was that scripted or no?  It had to be, right - who the heck wears full Japanese dress in the heat of a Manhattan summer?