Poll

What did you think ?

Meh. Roll eyes. Shake head. Move on.
Lady Gaga is awesome. Loved it.
U2 jumping shark for relevance. Classless gaga shouldn't be on the same stage.

Author Topic: The whole Lady Gaga thing  (Read 4927 times)

iehomecoming

The whole Lady Gaga thing
« on: July 27, 2015, 08:07:41 AM »
Option 1.

Offline bonorules

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: The whole Lady Gaga thing
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 08:55:50 AM »
I picked option 1, but I probably would have really liked it if she had actually worn clothing and didn't use the fake accent when it was her turn to sing.  She really is talented and I felt it was a shame that even on stage with U2, she felt the need to look like a slut and over exaggerate her voice.  An appropriate dress and singing with the great voice we all know she has would have made that performance so much better.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 09:47:35 AM »
Lady Gaga likes to show off her (great) body, particularly her lower-half. I don't feel comfortable with 'slut-shaming.' As a society, we throw money -- both literally and figuratively -- at women who show skin, but then we get to ridicule them at the same time we pay them? That's ugly.

Lady Gaga is nothing more than Madonna re-incarnated, except she has way better musical chops, is less sexual, and has a better bottom half than top half. Other than those distinctions, she is Madonna 2.0.

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 10:00:34 AM »
I personally loved it, I also personally love half naked women that sing really well, it was a win win, plus I got to hear ordinary love live!

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 10:03:15 AM »
Ordinary Love is weak with or without Lady Gaga, but I have no problem with what she was wearing. More rock n roll then what Bono wears these days!

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 10:20:45 AM »
I didn't care for it because it just ruined the song for me. I personally thought her outfit and "shoes" we're stupid, but I don't care for any of her costumes.  She has a great voice and does have talent but I'm not a fan of hers.

Fallon was funny but the Roots were the highlight of that show. U2 did the guest thing with Fallon and should have just left it at that. I got annoyed with that guest thing on the 360 because it went into overkill mode and I don't want it to happen again.

I'm paying good money to see U2, not a bunch of guests every show.

Offline coolz481

• Refugee
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 12:36:15 PM »
I was there and thought it was a cool little surprise. Bono made mention of her involvement with the one campaign and other initiatives. Ordinary Love is certainly not one of my favorites, and I enjoyed getting a different take on it.

Offline seashells

• Staring at the Sun
  • Let me in the sound
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 12:52:06 PM »
Low point of the whole tour.  Pitiful.  I don't know if I can mixlr/periscope any more shows.
And I'm not even going to comment on her costume for fear of being banned.  Yes, she has a good voice.

Offline wildhoney15

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 01:08:36 PM »
lots of bad critiques of LADY Gaga on this forum.  Personally I couldn't stand her but I did love the way she sang the song and played so I looked her up .    I didn't realize how much charity work and promotion for AIDS she has done, I checked it out when I got home last night.  I am not going to dance to her music or buy a ticket to her concerts but I was unaware that she writes her own lyrics, music as well as choreography. Very talented kid. 

I think she added a lot to the song and I noticed that the teens, tweens with their parents in our section got a thrill. 

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 01:20:03 PM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Low point of the whole tour.  Pitiful.  I don't know if I can mixlr/periscope any more shows.
And I'm not even going to comment on her costume for fear of being banned.  Yes, she has a good voice.

Agreed

Offline dougie

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • A Bozo on the bus going nowhere!
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 01:23:33 PM »
I voted option #1. I saw her at the Clinton Foundation Benefit at the Hollywood Bowl in 2011 (Bono and Edge performed also). She has a nice voice, but her presentation and theme were fascinating. I see that as her strength.

I really do not like any guests, except for 'regular' fans, at a show. The band has to play it safe and it is a distraction from the U2 express train. I think a lot of this is just a marketing ploy for U2 and Gaga.

Offline binary_code

• Stateless
  • Wanna be the song that you hear in your head
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 01:33:34 PM »
The music Lady Gaga puts out is not something I would listen to if given the choice. But noone can deny she has a great voice and she really nails a lot of musical genres! (just check out the Oscars performance she did of The Sound of Music earlier this year - wow!)
Ordinary Love is a song that just keeps getting better and better for me, and I think this performance was good and a lot of fun! Pop stars like her will always be about shocking people and doing the extremes, hence the clothing. That's just part of her package, I wouldn't judge her too much.

Although you pay to see U2, a guest performer being brought on stage is just adding to the fun, imo! And if it turns out to be an artist you don't like, it's only for one song.. :)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2015, 01:41:42 PM »
I picked option 1, but I probably would have really liked it if she had actually worn clothing and didn't use the fake accent when it was her turn to sing.  She really is talented and I felt it was a shame that even on stage with U2, she felt the need to look like a slut and over exaggerate her voice.  An appropriate dress and singing with the great voice we all know she has would have made that performance so much better.

An appropriate dress?

What does that mean really?....she dresses how she dresses, that's part of what she is as a performer.

She was performing at a rock n roll show, not picking up an MBE at Buckingham Palace.

Blofeld

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2015, 01:57:47 PM »

An appropriate dress?

What does that mean really?....she dresses how she dresses, that's part of what she is as a performer.

She was performing at a rock n roll show, not picking up an MBE at Buckingham Palace.

Agreed. slut look is good.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2015, 01:58:43 PM »

An appropriate dress?

Agreed. slut look is good.

With a name like yours I would imagine you are fond of p****?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 02:01:02 PM by an tha »