Poll

What did you think ?

Meh. Roll eyes. Shake head. Move on.
Lady Gaga is awesome. Loved it.
U2 jumping shark for relevance. Classless gaga shouldn't be on the same stage.

Author Topic: The whole Lady Gaga thing  (Read 4873 times)

Blofeld

Re: The whole Lady Gaga thing
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2015, 02:24:45 PM »
Taylor Swift isn't a tart.  she's a nice girl

Offline bostonguy

• Wanderer
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2015, 03:14:07 PM »
I voted meh.  I was there and I found her over the top vocals and wardrobe amusing.  Would have preferred an E stage premiere to a forgettable guest spot.

Offline U2Fan

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Everything in the f****** hotel is brown.
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2015, 03:34:19 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Gaga is a very good singer who isn't your run of the mill pop tart ala Taylor swift or Britney Spears. She is a good performer and songwriter, and who cares what she wears, the less the better. She's got the body so why not flaunt it?

I've no problem at all with U2 performing with her.

Taylor Swift is talented.

Offline TheRealEdge

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I Will Follow
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2015, 04:09:39 PM »
Gaga dressed like a slut - oh that word again!!!

U2 acted like sluts for ogling her.

The crowd were the sluttiest I've ever seen.

The piano - man, now that's one hell of a slutty piano!

And the members posting on here who are defending her are sl.... entitled to their opinions.

Oh, and she was awful and U2 have definitely 'jumped the slut' sorry 'shark'.

I do like that song of hers 'Porker Face' and the other hit 'Bad Performance' - now those are grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat :-)

SLU2T.

Offline wlomaco

• Stateless
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2015, 05:34:51 PM »
All I could think of was my desire to disinfect that piano seat.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2015, 06:38:50 PM »
GaGa wins at life because she is a self-titled 'Lady' and wants all of the privalages of that. But what she really is in essence is a cold capitalist. Her monsters are just innocents and taking money from them is literally like taking candy from a baby.

I am not going to comment on her dress because it is impossible to win that discussion without being labelled mysoginist or oppressor.

Offline lemonPOP

• Refugee
  • Love is a temple
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2015, 07:12:43 PM »
Gaga is nasty ugly and can't sing.  Put some damn close on! ( Oh its a rock concert)  really it's an U2 concert that should not include half naked women.   If I want to see that I have plenty of other "Rock concerts" I can go too.

Offline TheCourt

• Babyface
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2015, 07:27:18 PM »
U2 seemed to think that their concert should have at least one half naked woman.

iehomecoming

« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2015, 08:03:13 PM »
Who is to say what should or shouldn't be in U2 concert ? We all have opinions but really ultimately it's up to the band. Its the same response you give to uptight right wingers who dont want to see same sex kissing on TV. Dont like it ? Don't watch.

Offline lemonPOP

• Refugee
  • Love is a temple
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2015, 08:17:03 PM »
Who is to say what should or shouldn't be in U2 concert ? We all have opinions but really ultimately it's up to the band. Its the same response you give to uptight right wingers who dont want to see same sex kissing on TV. Dont like it ? Don't watch.

Good point,  however my U2 tour history has been very uplifting for the most part.  Family friendly and less sex, drugs and more uplifting music than most rock shows.  U2 do have a different vibe and spirituality to them than most bands.  It's a big reason why I like them so much. I also don't know why I see all the conservative right wing bashing on here.  Believe it or not U2 has many fans from Texas to Virginia and I'm guessing some right wingers in there.

Offline AchtungPop

• Staring at the Sun
  • Walk On
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2015, 08:25:14 PM »
Somewhere between love and meh. It wasn't earth shattering, but I don't mind it. They don't do it often. It changed the show up a little.

Offline Kurukira

• Numb
  • Don't Expect, Suggest.
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2015, 08:46:41 PM »
Meh.  All these 'slutty no talent' comments remind me of Madonna when I was growing up.  I loved her stuff and people would always ask me, why do I like her, she's a slut.  I liked her music, I always reply.  "But she's a ho!" they reply.   In this case, Gaga could've worn what she had on with Tony Bennett, but I'm going to reply just like I did back in the day - I liked the music, and she has a great voice.  I guess I have an affinity for sluts.

Offline Nikki_Silver

• Refugee
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2015, 08:58:22 PM »
If she's good enough for Tony Bennett, then why not z U2? LOL

iehomecoming

« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2015, 09:24:03 PM »

Good point,  however my U2 tour history has been very uplifting for the most part.  Family friendly and less sex, drugs and more uplifting music than most rock shows.  U2 do have a different vibe and spirituality to them than most bands.  It's a big reason why I like them so much. I also don't know why I see all the conservative right wing bashing on here.  Believe it or not U2 has many fans from Texas to Virginia and I'm guessing some right wingers in there.

Did you seriously think what I said was "bashing" ? Maybe you are seeing a lot of bashing that isn't really bashing. I simply said if you don't like what you see, don't watch. No one is holding a gun to your head. I could just as easily have said " left wingers who don't want to see Duck Dynasty or Bill O'Reilly. Don't like it, don't watch".

Kids see just as much skin on a regular typical day at the beach, is that not "family friendly" either ?

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2015, 09:29:02 PM »
It is not her choices as a woman that bother me it is her choices in the corporate board room. I liken her over exposure in media outlets to be an affront to my personal space. It is like she is raping me.