Author Topic: edge, bono & yoko ono unveil lennon memorial tapestry  (Read 541 times)

Offline imedi

• Child of Grace
edge, bono & yoko ono unveil lennon memorial tapestry
« on: July 30, 2015, 06:03:58 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline TheRealEdge

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I Will Follow
Re: edge, bono & yoko ono unveil lennon memorial tapestry
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 07:35:05 AM »
Not to be controversial here, and I do really like The Beatles and some early Lennon solo stuff and I think he had good intentions, but c'mon! The man was a hippy living in his own drug-fueled world.

He was an adulterer, a wife-beater and a drug user.

He should not be put on a pedestal.

And I'm a Scouser born and bred and proud of The Beatles' heritage, but the majority of The Beatles have done absolutely NOTHING for the city except for Paul - or Faul (in-joke - psst, I don't believe it).

Luis Suarez has done more for the city - and that says a lot!

Lennon stood for peace and love and you know what? Of course he should - we all should stand for peace and love, but it's like a dad saying 'I look after my kids - I'd do anything for my kids' of course he bloody should he's their dad!!! You get my point.

The majority of Lennon's solo work was meh. The hits are fantastic - as is the cult offering Working Class Hero (even though Lennon was middle class himself) - and they deserve their ranking, but the rest? Can anyone on here name more than the hits?

If someone posts on this forum in 20 years time that there's going to be a Bono memorial tapestry then (slap face).

Offline aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 12:53:07 PM »
That's one ugly blanket!

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 02:09:02 PM »
Don't know what to say to that.. Its alright