Author Topic: Concert Special & Documentary coming to HBO (news)  (Read 9161 times)

Offline Vox

• Running to Stand Still
  • Time is irrelevant, it's not linear.
Re: Concert Special & Documentary coming to HBO (news)
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2015, 11:55:25 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Score one for Vox:  we needed to get new shingles on our house.  Yesterday, the roofers moved the DirectTV dish, so I had to call and get it realigned.  When I called, the customer service person thanked me for being a customer all these years and that I rarely called with problems.  I asked her since I was a good existing customer and new customers get free HBO/Showtime/etc., if I could get a few free months.  She gave me three free months of HBO.  Great timing!!!

Just don't forget to cancel in time or they'll start charging you!

I know.  And in cases such as these, trying to cancel is a matter of being on hold for 30 minutes...  A small price to pay, my lad!  A small price to pay!  I had a free HBO weekend when "From the Sky Down" premiered as well.

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2015, 11:57:14 AM »
Score one for Vox:  we needed to get new shingles on our house.  Yesterday, the roofers moved the DirectTV dish, so I had to call and get it realigned.  When I called, the customer service person thanked me for being a customer all these years and that I rarely called with problems.  I asked her since I was a good existing customer and new customers get free HBO/Showtime/etc., if I could get a few free months.  She gave me three free months of HBO.  Great timing!!!

I know.  And in cases such as these, trying to cancel is a matter of being on hold for 30 minutes...  A small price to pay, my lad!  A small price to pay!  I had a free HBO weekend when "From the Sky Down" premiered as well.

I just use my friend's HBO account and log in to HBOGO with my Apple TV, it's free!

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2015, 12:37:17 PM »
I use my sister's HBO GO ;)

Waffles

« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2015, 01:00:19 PM »
I'm SUPRISES u23D never came out with the release of 3D tvs to the public

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2015, 01:47:49 PM »

I just finished my free HBO . I had called in for another matter, about a month prior, and asked them to verify the date that it was set to go from free to pay. They set it up where it would just stop automatically on that date without having me to call in again.

Offline Vox

• Running to Stand Still
  • Time is irrelevant, it's not linear.
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2015, 02:31:36 PM »
I just finished my free HBO . I had called in for another matter, about a month prior, and asked them to verify the date that it was set to go from free to pay. They set it up where it would just stop automatically on that date without having me to call in again.

Good to know -- thanks.  Just doing the math -- my three-month free HBO starts today.  That means I'd get the first special, no problem.  But on the downside it looks as if I'll be a day short for the concert.  :(  I'll maybe have to pay for HBO for a bit to make sure I get that...

On the double-downside it'll already be halfway through November in three months...  Holy buckets.