I would not like to hear songs from Pop
4 (3%)
I would like to hear songs from No Line on the Horizon
33 (24.4%)
I would not like to hear songs from No Line on the Horizon
8 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: October 28, 2015, 03:44:24 PM

Author Topic: Would You Like To Hear Material From The Missing Albums On The I&E Tour  (Read 1244 times)

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
PLAY. SOMETHING. FROM. POP. PLEASE.

Too brilliant an album to ignore.

They can't skip it for two whole tours can they?...can they!?  :(

Considering they dug out quite a few tracks they haven't played in awhile (Gloria, Two Hearts, October, Satellite of Love), I do have some hope that we'll see some form of Pop re-emerge in Europe. The album was much more well received there than it was in the US.

Boom Cha!

Considering they dug out quite a few tracks they haven't played in awhile (Gloria, Two Hearts, October, Satellite of Love), I do have some hope that we'll see some form of Pop re-emerge in Europe. The album was much more well received there than it was in the US.

Maybe Discotheque will take the place of Mysterious Ways in Europe...I can only hope.

Blofeld

Maybe Discotheque will take the place of Mysterious Ways in Europe...I can only hope.

are you coming over?

Boom Cha!

are you coming over?

No, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy seeing them perform Discotheque on youtube or on the live Paris HBO special.

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!

There are so many changes they could do. You could have Please alternate with Bullet, Starting at the Sun could be a B-stage song, even Last Night On Earth would be awesome to have instead of UTEOTW.

Offline AltonDalton

• Refugee
  • My heads still in the mud, baby
Unfortunately they're fixed upon having 19
every concert songs, leaving very little wiggle room

Offline Gravy11

• Running to Stand Still
  • On borderland we run and don't look back!
Haven't posted in a while but the past MSG shows I've seen got me in the mood. One thing...They don't disown albums. This isn't the Joshua Tree Tour. Their tours have themes now. The light show, mood, etc. They're not playing certain albums because they just don't fit. They'd be great to hear but it wouldn't fit with the theme of the show. One of the best moments of the shows for me is at the end of UTEOTW, Bono smashes the lightbulb on screen (gives me a chill) and thus smashed their innocence as pieces of Cedarwood Road flow by. This leads into the Experience side of the show.

In order for a band like U2 to continue to enjoy touring they need to raise the level for themselves so their tours take on moods and themes which they take seriously. Once they start just "going through the motions" they're done.

So I know we all want to hear a variety of tunes, trust me, but like a famous lawyer once said, "If it don't fit you must acquit". Well, maybe that's a bit dramatic.

Lastly, I think the setlists have been awesome. Great variety and surprises. I think Europe will be even more. They listen to what we say and take that into account (see "Mercy") but in the end, they have to like playing a song and feel is does the show justice (see not playing "Drowning Man" on 360).

I went again last night in MSG and man they bring it like no other! Keep on going boys because I saw a 30+ year old band firing on all cylinders last night and on 7/23.