Author Topic: Unknown Caller Live  (Read 774 times)

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
Re: Unknown Caller Live
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2015, 08:44:17 PM »
One of my favourites from nloth. Original, love the chanting and don't really care that some people find the lyrics crap. I think the lyrics and theme of the song are genius.

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2015, 09:19:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Half my section left for a p*ss break when they played it. One of U2's worst songs.
Don't say that........ one of their worst LIVE songs yes but Unknown caller is a very great song on no line on the horizon
I'm with So Cruel on this one. I admire the mild experimentation, but it falls flat for me.

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2015, 10:44:40 PM »
How can you call a song experimental when its opening guitar riff is stolen straight from Walk On?

I don't blame it on the audience not knowing it. You can get an audience to sing pretty much anything if they're feeling it. See: Scarlet on the 360 Tour.

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2015, 01:12:35 AM »
How can you call a song experimental when its opening guitar riff is stolen straight from Walk On?

I don't blame it on the audience not knowing it. You can get an audience to sing pretty much anything if they're feeling it. See: Scarlet on the 360 Tour.

Well it's not exactly the same - similar but not the same. ISHFWILF is similar too. The structure, theme and lush instrumentation of the song are what make it experimental.

Offline AltonDalton

• Refugee
  • My heads still in the mud, baby
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2015, 10:57:59 AM »

To be fair though how many lyrics does scarlet have