Author Topic: Woman who helped Bono after Bicycle crash booed off stage at MSG  (Read 5313 times)

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • The world is spinning fast tonight...
Re: Woman who helped Bono after Bicycle crash booed off stage at MSG
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2015, 01:21:52 PM »
No, he hasnt learned. At the beginning of the season, he said that HE--and he alone--would bring about a championship for the Cavs.

That sure worked well. There's no "I" in team, LeBron.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Woman who helped Bono after Bicycle crash booed off stage at MSG
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2015, 04:37:18 PM »
He and he alone won the games they did win, he does deserve the praise but it takes a team to win, yes. loosing Irving and love cost them dearly. he's still learned a lot, no one said he's perfect. He's the best in the league and was robbed of the MVP despite loosing.

Blofeld

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2015, 04:49:42 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Cannot believe this thread. Either you're making sweeping generalisations about cities or you're condoning aggressive behaviour to a member of the audience. How tribal/childish. She was obviously looking for a bit of a fight... as many, many people do, at concerts and indeed other public events. She was seeking attention and  I agree that her tone was really rather hostile... so she probably overstepped the line.

But it didn't really hurt anyone. She didn't call out a particular member of the audience. I think people should be less ready to adopt a mob mentality in the service of hometown patriotism. It's not personal when so and so says your city sucks. People say it all the time about everywhere. Perhaps the fact that it's so socially acceptable to be offended about that sort of thing is a manifestation of a culture of pettiness and outrage.

I'm as outraged as you about the sweeping generalisations about cities and the condoning of aggressive behaviour to a member of the audience.

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2015, 05:35:24 PM »
I was in the audience this night and as someone already posted, once the booing started, you couldn't hear a thing.

I think the poor girl was a little in her cups and was also trying to be a little too flippant. She may also have been a little nave of how protective New Yorkers are about their rep and their first responders.  I do think the audience was a little too harsh on her. It was really uncomfortable there for a few minutes. I felt very bad for her. And for the responders who were present. I do not think she came there that night just to insult people-- she misjudged the situation. Not a good moment all around.

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2015, 05:43:29 PM »
I tried to think how I would have handled this situation... I probably would have known better not to rip on New Yorkers as I had a job where I worked there a lot. I know they are very proud. I want to think I wouldn't have made the same mistake. But I do have a habit also of putting my foot in my mouth when in a stressful situation...So I feel for her.

Offline Belisama

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2015, 05:55:27 PM »
I tried to think how I would have handled this situation... I probably would have known better not to rip on New Yorkers as I had a job where I worked there a lot. I know they are very proud. I want to think I wouldn't have made the same mistake. But I do have a habit also of putting my foot in my mouth when in a stressful situation...So I feel for her.

I really don't think she meant to rip New Yorkers. I honestly think she thought she was being a little sarcastic and was trying to give a shout out to her home state in the process. I think she severely misunderstood her audience. As I have learned in HR one person's joke is another person's harassment.

Blofeld

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2015, 05:57:42 PM »

I really don't think she meant to rip New Yorkers. I honestly think she thought she was being a little sarcastic and was trying to give a shout out to her home state in the process. I think she severely misunderstood her audience.

No, I think she definitely was having a pop at New Yorkers.

As I have learned in HR one person's joke is another person's harassment.

so you can't crack a joke in your firm?

[/quote]

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2015, 05:58:00 PM »

I really don't think she meant to rip New Yorkers. I honestly think she thought she was being a little sarcastic and was trying to give a shout out to her home state in the process. I think she severely misunderstood her audience. As I have learned in HR one person's joke is another person's harassment.

SO TRUE. Like the situation I'm going through at my current company where my boss calls me "lady" all the time...Ha, he thinks it's a cute way to refer to me or whatever... But to me, it's anger-inducing and demoralizing.

Offline Belisama

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2015, 05:59:27 PM »

SO TRUE. Like the situation I'm going through at my current company where my boss calls me "lady" all the time...Ha, he thinks it's a cute way to refer to me or whatever... But to me, it's anger-inducing and demoralizing.

Exactly.  And it is no coincidence I had to train Harassment Prevention today!

Blofeld

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2015, 05:59:44 PM »

I'd call you "woman" instead.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2015, 06:47:39 PM »
^LOL

Offline ultravioletlight

• Numb
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2015, 06:50:40 PM »
LeBron had made ONE bad decision in his career (no pun intended).