Author Topic: What is your first leg highlights?  (Read 993 times)

Offline J_Rock321

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Hiiipower
What is your first leg highlights?
« on: August 01, 2015, 03:42:16 PM »
1. Bullet the blue sky  8)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

2. Cedarwood Road

3. Raised by Wolves

4. Until the End of the World

5. iris

Offline TheEnd

• Refugee
Re: What is your first leg highlights?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 03:58:05 PM »
I'll pick 5 from the concerts I attended:

1. Bullet The Blue
2. Lucifer's Hands debut
3. Cedarwood Road
4. Bad
5. Every Breaking Wave

Honorable mentions:
1. Pride (A song I'm not a big fan of but it was awesome this tour)
2. Iris

Offline AltonDalton

• Refugee
  • My heads still in the mud, baby
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 04:15:29 PM »
Mother and child reunion into streets

Kidding it was the songs from the album translating great live,bullet, and pride

Offline DanielCT

• Stateless
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 06:40:11 PM »
Mine was hearing Crystal Ballroom and AIWIY at Boston #3, and hearing Satellite of Love at NYC #7. Finding out that my lousy knees can put up with a GA show full of dancing and jumping around. Meeting new U2 friends. Of course the lady who 'rescued' Bono after his bike accident during NYC #7 was quite cringe worthy, she definitely knew how to get on the bad side of the audience.

Offline AchtungPop

• Staring at the Sun
  • Walk On
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 08:05:00 PM »
"PACOELEVATION ON FACEBOOK! PACOELEVATION ON FACEBOOK!"  8)

Tough but:
1. Raised by Wolves
2. The Miracle/Opening 4 songs.
3. UTEOTW
4. Iris
5. Angel of Harlem with The Roots. Fun performance of that to be there for.

And shoutout to Beautiful Day. I know some might be sick of it, but since I went for the first time this tour, it was special for me to hear being the first U2 song from when I became a fan.

Offline Billyaxe

• Babyface
  • Blessings not just for the ones who kneel
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 10:34:38 PM »
1. Two Hearts Beat As One
2. All I Want Is You
3. Bad
4. Party Girl
5. Satellite of Love

Offline uno dos

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 10:47:25 PM »
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Iris
Raised by Wolves
UTEOTW
Cedarwood Road.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 02:42:11 PM »
Personal highlights are October at MSG 1, Bad at MSG 2, being on the rail at MSG4 and the entire encore at MSG8. Oh, and maybe Out of Control at MSG 8 too, that was awesome.

Overall highlights of the leg? The old song resurrections in slot 2, (And to some extent the entire opening quarter; SUCH an opener) Cedarwood Road, Raised By Wolves into UTEOTW, EBW, BULLET (So loud!) and most surprisingly for me, ISHF as a closer. Probably my least favourite major U2 song and one I could happily do without, but man, as a closer it *crushes* One (Which I infinitely prefer as a song.)

Offline horizon

• Elevated
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 03:14:44 PM »

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 04:06:22 PM »

Overall highlights of the leg? The old song resurrections in slot 2, (And to some extent the entire opening quarter; SUCH an opener) Cedarwood Road, Raised By Wolves into UTEOTW, EBW, BULLET (So loud!) and most surprisingly for me, ISHF as a closer. Probably my least favourite major U2 song and one I could happily do without, but man, as a closer it *crushes* One (Which I infinitely prefer as a song.)
this sums up the tour highlights for me for me. The two slot was amazing. The end of the first set was perfect. EBW into Bullet was amazing and ISHF really surprised me. And Iris which is the best U2 song in forever killed live every time

Personal highlights for me: October, Gloria and Bad *my favorite song* at NYC 2. Out of Control and Jimmy Fallon and the Roots at MSG 3. Electic Co, AIWIY and Lucifers Hands at NYC 4. Also sharing MSG 2 with Chill and Mom!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 04:08:44 PM by TheU2Ken »

Blofeld

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 04:14:10 PM »
certainly lots to look forward to.  SoL will bring back memories I hope.

Offline jonnydeaf

• Stateless
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 05:49:31 PM »
#3 Shine Like Stars added onto WOWY Boston #4
#2 Bad @ Boston #2 w/ the 30th anniversary of Live Aid, the first time I saw u2.
#1 KROQ in my bed:  This was my first experience with Sil's MIXLR.  Getting to hear this show live brought me back to the days when I bought bootlegs from the record store guy's suitcase.  I lived off the energy of that show for days.  "How did I get to hear this? I am not supposed to hear this!" Sitting alone in bed, in the dark, headphones on, after midnight on the east coast, trying to not go out of my mind and wake anyone up.

I didn't know the shows were streamed, and soon after found periscope, and "attended" pretty much every show from then on.  I eagerly anticipated the e-stage portion of the show, and made sure to tune in.  I broke out the guitar again and practiced what I would do if I got pulled up - hard to happen from sec 305, I know. I got so immersed into this brilliant band, and I was lifted by them (and this site) every day.

I cannot wait to watch u2 shows from Europe during my lunch break at work.  This tour has been a highlight of a pretty lousy summer personally.

Right now, I'm listening to every u2 song in alphabetical order, marveling at how amazing this band is.  Without this board, I would have seen a show, and that would have been that. So, thanks.

Thanks to everyone who posted links, soundcheck rumors, and lively discussions every show.  It's really made my summer.

Offline trashbag

• Refugee
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2015, 06:22:20 PM »
1. Gloria at Chicago 3. I still can't believe they played it again, and that I was at the first performance in "20" years  :P
2. Iris/CR/SFS/SBS/RBW/UTEOTW - I know I just crammed six songs into one slot, but seriously, the narrative of the show was such a fantastic part of the show, and these songs fit together so well
3. AIWIY at Chicago 3
4. Bullet the Blue Sky
5. Pride - MAN, this song is explosive now! Can anyone explain why? I'm thinking musically, the band isn't playing much different than say 360, but for some reason it just sounds SO much better now

Offline fardreamer

• Child of Grace
  • The best things are easy to destroy
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2015, 06:33:01 PM »
From the videos I've seen:

1. Iris
2. Cedarwood Road
3. Song for Someone
4. Raised by Wolves
5. Every Breaking Wave

Offline Tuolumne

• Stateless
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2015, 06:38:43 PM »
1. The two Phoenix shows that I attended in person. It's still unbelievable to me, 30 years after my first U2 shows, that I still get to see them live and they are still astonishing live.

2.  Raised by Wolves and Cedarwood Road sounding 10x better live. Liked them on the record but the production didn't do them justice.

3. The lyrical update to Bullet. Both Bono's reflective self-examination and the 'hands up, don't shoot'/'I can't breathe'  element.   And the whole band is on fire.

4 Bad = as close as I get to church

honorable mention- Periscope. Being able to watch the shows, knowing fans were willing to share with everyone,  Tim's Crystal Ballroom.  Doesn't replace live of course but I love.