Author Topic: What is your first leg highlights?  (Read 992 times)

Offline Nikki_Silver

• Refugee
Re: What is your first leg highlights?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2015, 09:15:49 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Overall highlights of the leg? The old song resurrections in slot 2, (And to some extent the entire opening quarter; SUCH an opener) Cedarwood Road, Raised By Wolves into UTEOTW, EBW, BULLET (So loud!) and most surprisingly for me, ISHF as a closer. Probably my least favourite major U2 song and one I could happily do without, but man, as a closer it *crushes* One (Which I infinitely prefer as a song.)
this sums up the tour highlights for me for me. The two slot was amazing. The end of the first set was perfect. EBW into Bullet was amazing and ISHF really surprised me. And Iris which is the best U2 song in forever killed live every time

Personal highlights for me: October, Gloria and Bad *my favorite song* at NYC 2. Out of Control and Jimmy Fallon and the Roots at MSG 3. Electic Co, AIWIY and Lucifers Hands at NYC 4. Also sharing MSG 2 with Chill and Mom!
AIWIY made me sob at MSG 4

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2015, 07:21:00 AM »
Ga for Phoenix, hearing the troubles at msg. Seeing the show 9 times from the front row to the past row and loving every minute of it.

Offline wlomaco

• Stateless
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2015, 07:58:29 AM »
I absolutely loved the new songs I was convinced I wasn't so excited about, especially Cedarwood and Wolves.  Iris was beautiful live, as was SFS.  My absolute favorites:   Wolves into UTEOTW, Bullet (a song I thought I didn't need to hear and boy was I wrong), I loved Pride live this time around, and Angel of Harlem.  But hands down, when I heard the opening notes of Bad, I literally screamed (haven't done that at a concert since I saw the Osmond's when I was 12), shivered, and was just transported somewhere else.  Very special moment during Chicago 2.

General highlights:  my first time in GA, won't be my last!  Showed up at 7 p.m. and was only 3 people back on the e-stage. Saw the sweat on B's face I was so close, and Adam was literally right there the whole time on the e-stage.   Waiting in line was so not necessary, which was also a highlight.

Offline linds61119

• Stateless
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2015, 08:41:01 AM »
Here's a few special ones for me from NYC4. I also saw Boston3 (both from GA rail spots) but NYC killed it in my opinion.
Firstly, the story of the "past" as Bono puts it, is the best portion of the show. Iris is fantastic, so impactful along with the following songs that lead up to intermission. Raised by Wolves impressed me as I didn't really enjoy it on the album but now love it.

During Mysterious Ways at MSG4 the interaction between Bono and Edge at the "on your knees boy" part happened right in front of me. It was unforgettable. Bono gave a chuckle, Edge was smiling, I could see first hand the fun they were having. Great moment.

I can't help but be happy for those that get chosen to go on stage. The girl Marcela from MSG4 was near me on the floor and seeing her emotion when I congratulated her after the show had it's effects on me too.

Everything seemed more raw and emotional. Being on the rail near the e stage allowed me to experience U2 as I never have before. All four band members playing so close together, being able to see all their faces at the same time. This intimacy had me in tears throughout AIWIY and WOWY. Also, the embrace between Bono and the fan he brought on stage for AIWIY seemed never ending and was quite moving.

Still Haven't Found is my favorite song, and I was thrilled to hear it at both my shows. I do agree it is the better closer and the way they exit the stage is more fitting.

iehomecoming

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2015, 08:51:57 AM »
I can only comment on the shows I saw.

1. Impromptu addition of Bad.
2. Cedarwood Road.
3. California
4. Sweetest thing with Hollywood U2's Joe Heier. Great moment as we casually know Joe from going to a lot of their shows.
5. Pride and BTBS having new leases of life.

Offline dougie

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • A Bozo on the bus going nowhere!
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2015, 09:11:42 AM »
I saw many shows on this leg of the tour. I am just blown away how hard they are rocking.
My highlights are:
1. The sound. It has a more physical presence. You can feel the Beats and notes ripping through your body. They seem to keep the sound more 'raw' for some songs and more 'pure' with others.
2. The new songs are great live. I would not have thought The Miracle as a good opener, but it is very good. Cedarwood and Raised by Wolves are great live.And, fits right into the first four songs...
3. Starting off the show with 4 hard rocking songs gets everybody going. They are playing their early songs amazing (2nd slot and I Will Follow).
4. The Edge, Larry and Adam are playing so well together. They are truly one!
5. Did a good job changing songs. And, most of the regular songs are being played so well, it is hard for them not to play them. Playing Bad at almost all venues is a great choice.

I came into this tour with high expectations and they blew those right out the door. Great job U2!