Author Topic: 3 Favorite/Least Favorite Aspects of tour so far?  (Read 1754 times)

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
Re: 3 Favorite/Least Favorite Aspects of tour so far?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2015, 03:23:29 PM »
Also not crazy about the Streets intro.

Offline zooropamofo

• Babyface
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2015, 06:51:16 PM »
Favorite:
-The opening 4 pack, plus intro song>I really like Miracle of JR as an opener (with People Have the Power as the PA intro music), and the energy of this opening salvo with a single lightbulb dangling over their heads is wicked cool.  Pure rock 'n roll.

-UTEOTW>They always manage to make this song a showpiece, and it's still potent in its current form.

-EBTTRT>Best mix ever, plus this thing just explodes.

Least Favorite:
-Mysterious Ways/Meerkat/Guitar player from the audience (boring)

-Intro to Streets> 0% buildup and punch

-The tour T-shirts.  Uninspired.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2015, 12:10:03 AM »
Favorites

1. The Stage Layout
The amazing screen visuals, for (most) everyone to see. The stages at extreme ends of the floor, so everyone feels they have been close to the band at different times in the show. The long catwalk, lots of rail, so many people feel they have been VERY close to the band. Great views & energy in GA & seats on the side of the arena.

2. Opening Set
Old school start to the show, no flashy gimmicks, just tonnes of energy. Those older songs in slot 2, wow! Give me more, I'm greedy, please rotate more into the IWF slot. And the real stars of the opening set,

3. The New Songs
Cedarwood Rd, wow! The visuals are amazing, I bet even casuals are taken in by this song. Raised by Wolves, a great song on the album, even greater live. Iris, not my favorite album track, good, but clunky in parts, much better live. Miracle is a vast improvement too. Love The Troubles, wish they'd find a spot for it every night.

Least Favorite

1. The Stage Layout
That screen! It obstructs the view of many people, at the ends of the arena. Don't get me wrong, I love the screen, I'm glad it's there. But the stage layout should have been properly announced before tickets went on sale. End seats should probably have been discounted more than they were (lower tier), & they certainly should have been clearly labelled as obstructed view.

Being short, I'm a bit of a rail wh*€. There's a very large quantity of rail, but not much quality. There's really no one spot where a short person can get good views of both stages, get close to the band at times, & take in some of the screen visuals. Unlike Elevation, Vertigo (indoors) & 360 which had it's elliptical catwalk, & Vertigo (outdoors) which had it's b-stage.

2. The second half of the show, particularly the encore.
I hate the closers. I know they are trying for a feel good ending, but I hope they try something different in Europe. Hope they try The Troubles as a closer (rotate it with Love is Blindness), at least try it as the main set closer.

Don't like the rest of the encore much. How about starting with a fan favorite, like 360's UV & HMTMKMKM. I don't know, how about Gone or Kite?

Unlike the opening set, which follows a narrative, the second "experience" set really doesn't seem to follow a theme. If this is the case, then why not more rotation? You've rehearsed so many different songs, played a very large number on the NA leg, why 19 identical songs on every night? More rotation please! Give the missing SoI songs a shot.

3. Pop Muzik
Don't forget POP! Mofo & Please both fit the opening set's theme, & are great songs. Gone fits the Experience set, & is also brilliant.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 08:18:33 AM by d.darroch »

Offline lambeaudog

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2015, 12:21:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Favorites:
The staging:  The songs go quite well with the visuals, plus the long stage gives GA fans better views.
The energy: I feel the warhorses are still being played with passion and vigor (at least at my show)
Rotation spots: Keeps the audience guessing and the surprises are more appreciated.

Not so favorites:
Too many warhorses and same rotational songs:  A bit more variety would be better.   
T Shirts: They're awful.
Set time:  They could play a little long with no opening act.

I totally agree with the thought on the energy of the warhorses.  On 360 and Vertigo I sorta felt that Pride was really beginning to feel tired to me, like they were just going through the motion with it. But this time around it really felt alive and absolutely rocked the house (I was at Chicago 2).

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2015, 02:37:36 PM »
Good
1) rotation of Out of Control, Gloria, Electric Co
2) Pride had the crowd alive
3) the Rattle Hum songs are great live

Bad
1) THE STAGE SETUP - screen in the middle leaves many fans not being able to see anything
2) THE STAGE SETUP
3) THE STAGE SETUP

Blofeld

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2015, 02:38:40 PM »

Bad
1) THE STAGE SETUP - screen in the middle leaves many fans not being able to see anything
2) THE STAGE SETUP
3) THE STAGE SETUP

a stadium show next year gives them a chance to reinvent

Offline AltonDalton

• Refugee
  • My heads still in the mud, baby
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2015, 03:37:21 PM »
So it seems the stage setup is receiving very mixed reviews, but mostly positive. It also seems people seem to love the first set and are indifeffrent to the 2nd set.

Blofeld

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2015, 03:38:40 PM »
So it seems the stage setup is receiving very mixed reviews, but mostly positive. It also seems people seem to love the first set and are indifeffrent to the 2nd set.

set one takes us on a journey...

Offline AltonDalton

• Refugee
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2015, 03:39:10 PM »
Favorites

1. The Stage Layout
The amazing screen visuals, for (most) everyone to see. The stages at extreme ends of the floor, so everyone feels they have been close to the band at different times in the show. The long catwalk, lots of rail, so many people feel they have been VERY close to the band. Great views & energy in GA & seats on the side of the arena.

2. Opening Set
Old school start to the show, no flashy gimmicks, just tonnes of energy. Those older songs in slot 2, wow! Give me more, I'm greedy, please rotate more into the IWF slot. And the real stars of the opening set,

3. The New Songs
Cedarwood Rd, wow! The visuals are amazing, I bet even casuals are taken in by this song. Raised by Wolves, a great song on the album, even greater live. Iris, not my favorite album track, good, but clunky in parts, much better live. Miracle is a vast improvement too. Love The Troubles, wish they'd find a spot for it every night.

Least Favorite

1. The Stage Layout
That screen! It obstructs the view of many people, at the ends of the arena. Don't get me wrong, I love the screen, I'm glad it's there. But the stage layout should have been properly announced before tickets went on sale. End seats should probably have been discounted more than they were (lower tier), & they certainly should have been clearly labelled as obstructed view.

Being short, I'm a bit of a rail wh*. There's a very large quantity of rail, but not much quality. There's really no one spot where a short person can get good views of both stages, get close to the band at times, & take in some of the screen visuals. Unlike Elevation, Vertigo (indoors) & 360 which had it's elliptical catwalk, & Vertigo (outdoors) which had it's b-stage.

2. The second half of the show, particularly the encore.
I hate the closers. I know they are trying for a feel good ending, but I hope they try something different in Europe. Hope they try The Troubles as a closer (rotate it with Love is Blindness), at least try it as the main set closer.

Don't like the rest of the encore much. How about starting with a fan favorite, like 360's UV & HMTMKMKM. I don't know, how about Gone or Kite?

Unlike the opening set, which follows a narrative, the second "experience" set really doesn't seem to follow a theme. If this is the case, then why not more rotation? You've rehearsed so many different songs, played a very large number on the NA leg, why 19 identical songs on every night? More rotation please! Give the missing SoI songs a shot.

3. Pop Muzik
Don't forget POP! Mofo & Please both fit the opening set's theme, & are great songs. Gone fits the Experience set, & is also brilliant.
Agree about the closer. The troubles would be best and the encore doesn't have that wow moment like previous encores have. Gone would be a great encore opener choice

Offline AltonDalton

• Refugee
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2015, 03:40:01 PM »

and set 2 is almost a greatest hits show

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2015, 09:18:18 PM »
What I like:

1. They're playing SOI. 7-8 songs is a good amount, glad to see how good the songs sound and that the band seems to enjoy playing them.

2. Old Songs. If you told me a few months ago Two Hearts, Gloria, and October would be played I wouldn't believe a word of it.

3. Bono sounds WAY BETTER than he did on 360. It did him well to take a break a few years.

What I don't like:

1. No Pop. Please would be nice before or after SBS, SATS on the E stage, Mofo before Iris...

2. Edge has a headset mic. You know there isn't much to complain about if I have to mention this.

3. They ignored the south on the first leg.

Offline trashbag

• Refugee
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2015, 09:19:57 PM »

A musical journey?

Offline AltonDalton

• Refugee
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2015, 10:55:59 PM »
What I like:

1. They're playing SOI. 7-8 songs is a good amount, glad to see how good the songs sound and that the band seems to enjoy playing them.

2. Old Songs. If you told me a few months ago Two Hearts, Gloria, and October would be played I wouldn't believe a word of it.

3. Bono sounds WAY BETTER than he did on 360. It did him well to take a break a few years.

What I don't like:

1. No Pop. Please would be nice before or after SBS, SATS on the E stage, Mofo before Iris...

2. Edge has a headset mic. You know there isn't much to complain about if I have to mention this.

3. They ignored the south on the first leg.
Really? I've always liked 360 bonos voice better. I don't know if he could do pavarotti right now, or at least as well as he did in 360

Spidermike

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2015, 11:07:51 PM »
Least favorite is Vertigo in the first set. Personally like the song but it doesn't fit the Innocence, or even the Experience part of the show. They should put another Boy/October era song in its spot.

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2015, 05:12:01 AM »
Faves:

1. The SoI songs sound amazing live.

2. The band's mobility on the stage means that many more fans can get close to the band during the concerts at least once.

3. Bono's voice sounds great.

Least Faves:

1. Way too few rarities in the setlist.

2. Boring and underwhelming encore consisting only of three warhorses.

3. Bono's America speech.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 05:14:00 AM by Droo »