Author Topic: I&E: Europa Leg  (Read 5675 times)

Offline garyu2

• Stateless
I&E: Europa Leg
« on: August 06, 2015, 08:39:26 AM »
Heres my proposed setlist. I've tried to compromise with what's realistic with a touch of fanboy stuff;

1. The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
2. Vertigo
3. The Electric Co.
4. Two Hearts Beat As One
5. I Will Follow
6. Cedarwood Road
7. Song For Someone
8. Sunday Bloody Sunday
9. Raised By Wolves
10. Until The End Of The World
11. Discotheque
12. Even Better Than The Real Thing
13. Desire
14. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
15. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?
16. Every Breaking Wave
17. With Or Without You
18. Bullet The Blue Sky
19. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
20. MLK / Where The Streets Have No Name

21. Ultra-Violet (Light My Way)
22. Mofo / Iris
23. Bad / Moment of Surrender
24. One

I've went heavy on the old rockers at the start as I think they have been a highlight. Great energy on Electric Co and Two Hearts. U2 have been rotating them, I want 'em both!

I've binned a couple of dullards. Invisible is gone for Discotheque (imagined THIS inside the screen, BOOM CHA!). Desire-Still Havent Found-Wild Horses will make up the full band e-stage section. Superb songs and sing-a-long anthems.

City Of Blinding Lights is sacked without mercy.

I would also drop the Stephen Hawkin guff and the Mother And Child Reunion into Streets segment. Instead, MLK and Streets will form their combo like they did at the Superbowl 2002. That was incredible.

I've put Iris into the encore as I think it deserves more prominence and it sits nicely between Ultra-Violet and Bad (iTunes playlist is a Godsend).

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
Re: I&E: Europa Leg
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 09:28:54 AM »
They won't change it much because of the HBO Special which already features behind-the-scenes footage from the making of the tour and the US legs, plus the Paris show will be live.

For a worldwide televised bit, U2 won't also do a full version of a song from POP or No Line On The Horizon.

This proposed setlist seems to have more "fanboy stuff" than "what's realistic."

Just my two cents, hope you don't take any offense.

Cheers,

J

Waffles

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 09:34:19 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Heres my proposed setlist. I've tried to compromise with what's realistic with a touch of fanboy stuff;

2. Vertigo
3. The Electric Co.
4. Two Hearts Beat As One
5. I Will Follow
6. Cedarwood Road
7. Song For Someone
8. Sunday Bloody Sunday
9. Raised By Wolves
11. Discotheque
12. Even Better Than The Real Thing
13. Desire
14. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
15. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?
16. Every Breaking Wave
17. With Or Without You
18. Bullet The Blue Sky
19. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
20. MLK / Where The Streets Have No Name

21. Ultra-Violet (Light My Way)
22. Mofo / Iris
23. Bad / Moment of Surrender
24. One

I've went heavy on the old rockers at the start as I think they have been a highlight. Great energy on Electric Co and Two Hearts. U2 have been rotating them, I want 'em both!

I've binned a couple of dullards. Invisible is gone for Discotheque (imagined THIS inside the screen, BOOM CHA!). Desire-Still Havent Found-Wild Horses will make up the full band e-stage section. Superb songs and sing-a-long anthems.

City Of Blinding Lights is sacked without mercy.

I would also drop the Stephen Hawkin guff and the Mother And Child Reunion into Streets segment. Instead, MLK and Streets will form their combo like they did at the Superbowl 2002. That was incredible.

I've put Iris into the encore as I think it deserves more prominence and it sits nicely between Ultra-Violet and Bad (iTunes playlist is a Godsend).

There's too many rarities. Horses won't happen. Ultraviolet is unlikely because it was played so much last tour.Still haven't found and one won't appear in the same setlist. It's one of the other, and I assume they will still be closers in Europe. We'lol see a few more debuts of rehearsed songs and hopefully the other 2 SOI songs. Invisible is to stay just because of how it works with the encore. Pride I could imagine leaving and NYD being rotated in the second song slot. Don't understand why vertigo is second slot when it's #3. The first half of the show tells a story so I think rbw into UTTEOTW is to stay until the show goes outdoors

Waffles

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 09:38:59 AM »
They won't change it much because of the HBO Special which already features behind-the-scenes footage from the making of the tour and the US legs, plus the Paris show will be live.

For a worldwide televised bit, U2 won't also do a full version of a song from POP or No Line On The Horizon.

This proposed setlist seems to have more "fanboy stuff" than "what's realistic."

Just my two cents, hope you don't take any offense.

Cheers,

J

Paris is just one show. They could still be making the documentary if it follows their travels, so it may show the transitions and the bands opinions, which would be really cool

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 10:03:54 AM »
I would have dropped Bullet with its American themes even thought it is the standout of the tour.

Offline markreed

• Numb
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 12:37:07 PM »
The core parts of the set will remain unchanged.

They might add or change a couple of songs - I expect "New Years Day" to make it in slot #2 or #4 in Europe, and possibly "Fly" to replace "Even Better". "Mysterious Ways" might become a 'every other night' song. I imagine some of the B-stage songs will change a little, and maybe they'll be more variety in the last song of the night. I think maybe by the time they get to night#6 in London and #3 in Paris, they might be ending on huge "Bad" medleys, like they did at the end of the Vertigo 2005 shows.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 08:22:00 AM »
I hope they adapt the tour to keep it fresh

Offline Szigi

• Stateless
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 08:51:31 AM »
My proposed setlist:

1. This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
2. I Will Follow
3. Vertigo
4. Invisible
5. Cedarwood Road
6. Song For Someone
7. Sunday Bloody Sunday
8. Raised By Wolves
9. Until The End Of The World
10. The Fly
11. Gone
12. Mysterious Ways
13. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
14. Sleep Like A Baby Tonight
15. New Year's Day
16. Bullet The Blue Sky
17. Running To Stand Still
18. City Of Blinding Lights
19. With Or Without You
20. Pride (In The Name Of Love)

21. Beautiful Day
22. Elevation
23. Where The Streets Have No Name
24. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 09:00:13 AM »

They might add or change a couple of songs - I expect "New Years Day" to make it in slot #2 or #4 in Europe, and possibly "Fly" to replace "Even Better". "Mysterious Ways" might become a 'every other night' song. I imagine some of the B-stage songs will change a little, and maybe they'll be more variety in the last song of the night. I think maybe by the time they get to night#6 in London and #3 in Paris, they might be ending on huge "Bad" medleys, like they did at the end of the Vertigo 2005 shows.

I doubt they drop EBTTRT given it hasn't gotten a European appearance since 2001!

Offline tom_b1807

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 03:22:02 PM »
I really wish they would do a decent MLK / Streets segue, the only one I've seen was for the Super Bowl and that wasn't done too well, it could be great.

Offline Basskid

• Staring at the Sun
  • Even the hands of love...
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 09:54:57 PM »

I doubt they drop EBTTRT given it hasn't gotten a European appearance since 2001!

EBTTRT is pretty stuck i think since there are few other songs where they can all stop playing in the middle to get out of the screen. 

Offline markreed

• Numb
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 01:37:23 PM »
EBTTRT is pretty much stuck, but you know, they could play "The Fly" instead. "Fly" wasn't played in Europe after 2005. and I think the screen would lend itself very well to that song/

Offline ultravioletlight

• Numb
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 02:26:49 PM »
2. Out of Control/Electric Co./Gloria/New Year's Day
3. Vertigo
4. I Will Follow
5. Iris (Hold Me Close)
6. Song For Someone
7. Cedarwood Road
8. Sunday Bloody Sunday
9. Raised By Wolves
Intermission
11. This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
12. The Fly/Even Better Than The Real Thing
13. Mysterious Ways/Discotheque
14. typical rotational
15. typical rotation
16. Please
17. Beautiful Day
18. Pride (In The Name of Love)
19. With or Without You

20. City of Blinding Lights
21. Every Breaking Wave (full band)
22. MLK, WTSHNN
23. One/ISHFWILF/40

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2015, 02:46:53 PM »
Really great suggestion except maybe drop mw and ebttrt and keep invisible.

Offline tom_b1807

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 03:59:54 PM »
Really great suggestion except maybe drop mw and ebttrt and keep invisible.

Nah, Invisible is probably one of the lowest points of the show. Without the surprise factor of them appearing in the screen it's pretty uninspiring.