Author Topic: I&E: Europa Leg  (Read 5677 times)

Offline tom_b1807

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: I&E: Europa Leg
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2015, 11:38:35 AM »
A snippet of the Refugee somewhere? Maybe BTBS, the theme of the song seems to be one of the most malleable.

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2015, 11:40:07 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The Fly would work better in that spot don't know why they haven't played it yet,also Ultraviolet needs to be brought back in a real highlight when played ,I can see them throwing in one or two new songs on this leg Bono has played 4 or 5 to a few journalists in the last few wks so they must be thinking about doing it ,the core of the show will probably not change but they might be tempted to experiment a bit more as they have the U.S. behind them now.

I don't think anything new will get played, there's already a high number of album / relatively new songs, I don't see them reducing that number in this leg, the new stuff will stay the same the warhorses I think are more likely to get switched around, as people say possible The Fly (regardless of whether people say they wont play due to Bono's injury), NYD, Zooropa etc

Offline StefanCorney93

• Babyface
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2015, 11:46:13 AM »
Well, the countdown clips on the official site are definitely hinting at something with Zooropa. The vocal/humming sound at the end confirming it's Zooropa and not COBL. If they're teasing it then I'd expect more than just a snippet at the end of BTBS. Maybe they now realise that writing a song that good and hardly ever playing it is criminal.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2015, 12:11:45 PM »
Always remember that this is the band who claimed they were playing something from every album on 360 because 'Pop' got a 30 second snippet at the end of I'll Go Crazy.

strudelwithcream

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2015, 12:21:33 PM »
re invisible. You do understand the industry model of promoting new material through live shows in order to generate interest and sales? Lower music sales these days obviously, but Principal remains.

I reckon promotional performances on TV, interviews and advertising and the like generate interest in the new music rather than the tours. 

But it's been 12 months or so plus since invisible was released! and given it was a freebie for a time as well, it didn't make the album and probably delayed the release of SOI as a result of poor reception to that and ordinary love. Why promote it now? what exactly are they trying to promote...there's 4 songs on the album they haven't played or played much i'd rather hear before Invisible and Ordinary love.

I must admit to real surprise when I first heard SoI after being somewhat disillusioned by invisible and OL.  Who knew?

Each to their own though, I just don't get why invisible is a set list staple at the minute

It's a staple because it's a new song and was heavily promoted, at least compared to the songs not yet played from SoI.  maybe they also like the sound of it and that it fits in with the sound they're going for in the early part of Set 2.

strudelwithcream

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2015, 12:36:49 PM »
A snippet of the Refugee somewhere?

good idea

maybe bono could dedicate One to the refugee crisis and sing the lines from Tacoma '92. "hear us coming, hear us call, hear us banging at the door. hear us banging, banging, banging at the door"

Offline tom_b1807

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2015, 01:37:42 PM »
The Fly would work better in that spot don't know why they haven't played it yet,also Ultraviolet needs to be brought back in a real highlight when played ,I can see them throwing in one or two new songs on this leg Bono has played 4 or 5 to a few journalists in the last few wks so they must be thinking about doing it ,the core of the show will probably not change but they might be tempted to experiment a bit more as they have the U.S. behind them now.

I don't think anything new will get played, there's already a high number of album / relatively new songs, I don't see them reducing that number in this leg, the new stuff will stay the same the warhorses I think are more likely to get switched around, as people say possible The Fly (regardless of whether people say they wont play due to Bono's injury), NYD, Zooropa etc

Bring back the Elevation version of the Fly! By far the bet version of the song and Bono doesn't need a guitar and is far superior to Invisible, which is a good song but I don't think it has translated well at all.

Offline Maarten

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • Like a song...
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2015, 03:26:26 PM »
O.k. your setlists are a bit different from what they really will play I think, but you never know. I hope and think that this will be the setlist of Amsterdam september 9th or 12th:
Set 1
1.  The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
2.  Gloria
3.  Vertigo
4.  I Will Follow
5.  Iris (Hold Me Close)
6.  Cedarwood Road
7.  Song for Someone
8.  Sunday Bloody Sunday
9.  Raised By Wolves
10.Until The End Of The World

Set 2
11. Invisible
12. The Fly
13. Mysterious Ways
14. Desire
15. Ordinary Love
16. Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of or Stay (Faraway So Close)
17. Every Breaking Wave
18. Bullet The Blue Sky
19. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
20. Beautiful Day
21. With Or Without You

ENCORE
22. City Of Blinding Lights
23. Where The Streets Have No Name
24. One

Offline NalesRomatti

• Babyface
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2015, 03:57:50 PM »
O.k. your setlists are a bit different from what they really will play I think, but you never know. I hope and think that this will be the setlist of Amsterdam september 9th or 12th:
Set 1
1.  The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)
2.  Gloria
3.  Vertigo
4.  I Will Follow
5.  Iris (Hold Me Close)
6.  Cedarwood Road
7.  Song for Someone
8.  Sunday Bloody Sunday
9.  Raised By Wolves
10.Until The End Of The World

Set 2
11. Invisible
12. The Fly
13. Mysterious Ways
14. Desire
15. Ordinary Love
16. Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of or Stay (Faraway So Close)
17. Every Breaking Wave
18. Bullet The Blue Sky
19. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
20. Beautiful Day
21. With Or Without You

ENCORE
22. City Of Blinding Lights
23. Where The Streets Have No Name
24. One.

The Fly won't happen, it's the intermission part.
Read the intervieuw with Willie Williams

Stuck in a moment: i hope not, same for One,
don't mind if they let both out of the setlist.
EBTTRT, will hold it's spot in de set, i hope.
October and New Years Day are rehaersed in Turin.
Was hoping on other  songs from War: Surender or Secconds.

Accept for a few songs, i hope they will not play. I don't care what the setlist will be.

Going to Amsterdam 1,2 and 4. So hope i will not miss out on Gloria, Two Hearts, Vulcano, Lucifer's Hands, Crystal Ballroom, Bad and 40 (last one most likely on the last one)

Will go nuts anyway :)

Offline Fastcars12

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2015, 08:51:02 PM »
I read that Zooropa is being rehearsed and so is New Years Day for Europe.

They posted video on FB of Zooropa. Freaking jealous if they play it.

Offline Basskid

• Staring at the Sun
  • Even the hands of love...
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2015, 10:14:06 PM »
I read that Zooropa is being rehearsed and so is New Years Day for Europe.

They posted video on FB of Zooropa. Freaking jealous if they play it.

The tiny snippet of Zooropa sounds amazing!  The effect on Edge's guitar is perfect for a small post-bullet snippet.  This is going to be really powerful i think!

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2015, 11:24:17 AM »

One?

Offline MacJoost

• Refugee
  • Mother, am I still your son?
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2015, 02:39:47 PM »
Do you guys think we will get a guest appearance to perform still haven't found in each country? Since Italy got Zucchero and I know that U2 are fond of the Golden Earring, so possibly a collaboration with Barry Hay? Would be cool!  8)

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2015, 03:55:26 PM »
Anton

Offline MacJoost

• Refugee
  • Mother, am I still your son?
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2015, 03:59:22 PM »
Anton usually gets an honorably mention during the show, but I don't see him getting a spot on stage.