Author Topic: Bad, All I Want Is You, 40  (Read 760 times)

Offline chefconti

• Babyface
Bad, All I Want Is You, 40
« on: August 08, 2015, 09:19:14 AM »
Can anyone provide insight on why the band doesn't play these three songs every show or almost every show. I went to all four Boston shows and LOVED them all, maybe my favorite U2 tour ever, but imo these songs live are the band and its fans at their highest peak. Magical really.

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
Re: Bad, All I Want Is You, 40
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 09:53:50 AM »
Not sure.  I actually think we need more activity on this forum dedicated to setlists and song selection in general... there just does not seem to be any interest amongst the fans here in talking about and debating setlists.... oh well...

Offline scott7

• Stateless
  • and still we run, we run and don't look back
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 11:18:02 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Can anyone provide insight on why the band doesn't play these three songs every show or almost every show. I went to all four Boston shows and LOVED them all, maybe my favorite U2 tour ever, but imo these songs live are the band and its fans at their highest peak. Magical really.

I agree - re set lists generally my favourite run was from Stay to Bad (with bit of 40 at the end) then into Streets - on Elevation. Hasn't really been beaten.

hrsan

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 12:41:42 PM »
I'm still wondering why ASOH is not a warhorse.

LightMyWay92

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 01:07:09 PM »
Probably because it's a bit too demanding for Bono's voice to handle night after night.  It is a great song, though, and I thought the arrangement of the song they played live on the Unforgettable Fire and Joshua Tree tours was good too.

Offline snailstampede

• Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 06:21:34 PM »
I went to 3 Chicago shows, and while I missed out on 40, Bad and AIWIY were both highlights for me. I feel like the reason they aren't at every show is similar to LightMyWay92's explanation for ASOH, they're really stressful for Bono's voice. Both of them feature some really tough notes for him, and it might be too stressful from night to night. That's just my theory. Another possibility would be they want to vary it up so they only put it in every now and again to make it feel more special.

SN: My favorite progression of songs on a tour has to be Bad, Bullet, RTSS, Streets on the Zooropa leg of ZooTV (specifically in Wembley on 8-12-93). Thematically and musically they all go together so well. It hasn't been topped for me since.

hrsan

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 07:09:56 PM »
Probably because it's a bit too demanding for Bono's voice to handle night after night.  It is a great song, though, and I thought the arrangement of the song they played live on the Unforgettable Fire and Joshua Tree tours was good too.

I don't think it's any more demanding than any other song in their catalogue.

Offline scott7

• Stateless
  • and still we run, we run and don't look back
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 01:15:08 PM »

it should be - sometimes I think it's their best song