Author Topic: Signatures  (Read 2529 times)

Offline edgefan89

• Stateless
Signatures
« on: September 29, 2008, 08:24:32 AM »
Are we not able to create them, yet? In profile settings it says your signature has a limit of one character...

Sorry if this has been addressed somewhere else and I have just missed it.

;)

mariamontreal

Re: Signatures
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 08:33:01 AM »
 ::) ::) ::) I also had the same question , unable to add signature .

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 12:24:00 PM »
See here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

We all agreed (mods and users) that we don't a ton of clutter on the forum, and that usually happens when people have banners and images in their sig file. But we all also agreed that we want to be able to post photos in our messages.

I don't see any way in the settings to allow images in your messages and not allow them in your sig files. So in order to allow images in your messages, we have to keep images turned on. To prevent images in your signatures, we have to eliminate signatures altogether ... by limiting them to a single character.

As we learn the admin side of this software, there may be a more elegant way to handle this, but for now this is what we're doing. :)

Offline edgefan89

• Stateless
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 10:22:05 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
See here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

We all agreed (mods and users) that we don't a ton of clutter on the forum, and that usually happens when people have banners and images in their sig file. But we all also agreed that we want to be able to post photos in our messages.

I don't see any way in the settings to allow images in your messages and not allow them in your sig files. So in order to allow images in your messages, we have to keep images turned on. To prevent images in your signatures, we have to eliminate signatures altogether ... by limiting them to a single character.

As we learn the admin side of this software, there may be a more elegant way to handle this, but for now this is what we're doing. :)

or... we could just tell them not to put pictures in their signature and if they do give them a warning and if they still do it, then kick them off. and i dont reckon it wud get that difficult to do... U2 fans arent generally the most 'rebellious' bunch. and plus, us @u2 lovers will certainly point out to users who have pics in their sig to get rid of them and we'll just notify admin... there wud be plenty of people willing to do that ;)

and after a while if it doesn't work, then ditch the signatures? i think at least run with trusting people with it first and then we can make a decision :D

we all want our sigs :D

Offline edgefan89

• Stateless
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 10:30:51 AM »
also just found a thing in account maintenence part that you can choose not to view user's signatures - unless it is a bandwidth issue... you could allow pictures in signatures, and then if people think there is too much clutter, get them to click the little box so they dont see them.