Author Topic: Shaking my head at watch mojo  (Read 1063 times)

Offline AltonDalton

• Refugee
  • My heads still in the mud, baby
Shaking my head at watch mojo
« on: August 12, 2015, 03:42:55 PM »
I recently discovered this, and I don't know if anyone saw this, but in February watch mojo did a top 10 bad albums by good bands. Logically, I went into it not expecting anything from U2 considering their worst album is still a great album by the industry's standards. However, SONGS OF INNOCENCE was on the list. And we all know it was on there probably because of the release, but you cannot judge an album like that. And they said some pretty mean stuff regarding the album. I've always known watch mojo is a joke but this is a whole different level, and I usually don't get mad about U2 getting viewed negatively but this really bothered me

Offline Kurukira

• Numb
  • Don't Expect, Suggest.
Re: Shaking my head at watch mojo
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 04:25:01 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I recently discovered this, and I don't know if anyone saw this, but in February watch mojo did a top 10 bad albums by good bands. Logically, I went into it not expecting anything from U2 considering their worst album is still a great album by the industry's standards. However, SONGS OF INNOCENCE was on the list. And we all know it was on there probably because of the release, but you cannot judge an album like that. And they said some pretty mean stuff regarding the album. I've always known watch mojo is a joke but this is a whole different level, and I usually don't get mad about U2 getting viewed negatively but this really bothered me

I think that is along the same token as when Pop came out, every hype machine I ran into said that this was a Techno record on par with The Prodigy - it wasn't even close.  There's elements, but  that's all there were - just little bits.  Unfortunately, enough people actually believed that hype.  As a result, lots of people were deprived of some of Bono's best lyrical work, and songs that are even more relevant now than back then.  I never took WatchMojo seriously, because ANYBODY can call themself an expert and make a top 10 these days.  Just brush that misinformation off, it comes with being a fan.

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 04:54:10 PM »
Sorry for my ignorance, but what's watch mojo?

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 06:33:07 PM »
Yes, I want to know as well?

Offline AltonDalton

• Refugee
  • My heads still in the mud, baby
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 06:54:24 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sorry for my ignorance, but what's watch mojo?
it's a website that specializes in making ranking related to music, movies, video games, etc. they have about 9 million subscribers on YouTube

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 07:15:28 PM »
I watch their channel occasionally, they did a top ten U2 songs a while back (of course it was what you'd expect in a top ten U2 song list, minus Vertigo). I'll give it a look.