Author Topic: How many homes do the band own and where?  (Read 14928 times)

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
How many homes do the band own and where?
« on: August 15, 2015, 11:20:05 AM »
I know Bono has Ireland South of France and New York. Edge has Ireland California and France. Larry, Ireland and? Adam Ireland and? Does anybody have a more accurate count?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 11:21:58 AM by mariamontreal »

Blofeld

Re: How many homes do the band own and where?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 02:13:18 PM »
Larry has a pad in Manhattan. and why not?

Adam has a place in London.  I think he used to have a place in New York too, but I understand he got pi**ed off with always being molested at the airport whenever he entered the US on account of a prior drug conviction.  He wondered out loud whether Sir Paul (if you please) McCartney got the same treatment whenever he entered the US.

Offline Nikki_Silver

• Refugee
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 08:22:21 AM »
I think Adam has a place in Spain as well.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 11:22:17 AM »
This is what I've heard and read in interviews, but it may not be accurate right now.

Three have NYC apartments, Adam sold his a few years ago and it's unknown if he has another one.

All four have places in the Nice, France area. Unless Adam sold that one off too, in Grasse, but may have sold it in anticipation of another property. Adam did buy a house on Saint Jean Cap Ferrat (Nice) a few years ago, but may have had to sell it. (Adam has admitted to being a terrible business man and rumors were he got himself into some trouble, nothing substantial to back that up though).

Larry owns a farm type place outside of NYC, but close to the city.

Adam has had several houses in London over the years.

Edge has lots of property in Malibu, we all know that! :)

Offline Achtung_Dublin

• Stateless
  • There's many lost, but tell me who has won
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 12:52:53 PM »
Edge and Bono own mansions in Killiney, Ireland (a very exclusive town) which I visited. The town's so exclusive that the houses don't have numbers, they have names. Bono's is named Temple Hill, and Edge's is named Fortlands. Adam owns a house in Rathfarnam.

Blofeld

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 02:30:50 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Edge and Bono own mansions in Killiney, Ireland (a very exclusive town) which I visited. The town's so exclusive that the houses don't have numbers, they have names. Bono's is named Temple Hill, and Edge's is named Fortlands. Adam owns a house in Rathfarnam.

so no danger of asylum seekers being housed there then?

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 04:13:35 PM »
This is what I've heard and read in interviews, but it may not be accurate right now.

Three have NYC apartments, Adam sold his a few years ago and it's unknown if he has another one.

All four have places in the Nice, France area. Unless Adam sold that one off too, in Grasse, but may have sold it in anticipation of another property. Adam did buy a house on Saint Jean Cap Ferrat (Nice) a few years ago, but may have had to sell it. (Adam has admitted to being a terrible business man and rumors were he got himself into some trouble, nothing substantial to back that up though).

Didn't know that about Larry.  LOL, Farmer Larry!!  I wonder where it is exactly?

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 09:08:10 PM »

Didn't know that about Larry.  LOL, Farmer Larry!!  I wonder where it is exactly?

I don't know, all I know is it is north of the city. He doesn't strike me as a Westchester County kind of guy though. But I think you need to some PI work for us! I'm curious what kind of community he would live near.

Offline ShankAsu

• Desert Rose
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2016, 10:34:11 AM »
I don't know how it is in Ireland but in the UK a lot of the villages (and even small cities) have names instead of numbers.  Don't think that's an indicator of it being a nice neighborhood.

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 07:00:38 AM »
I've only seen a few pics of Bono's house but its so beautiful, like old-fashioned and
big and near the sea. I could never leave if I lived there. I always imagine him sitting
by a big window in a cozy room and writing music while looking out at the sea & maybe a fireplace going.

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2016, 09:13:51 PM »
I know Bono has Ireland South of France and New York. Edge has Ireland California and France. Larry, Ireland and? Adam Ireland and? Does anybody have a more accurate count?

Good question.

Bono…..I think has a manor in Ireland built in the nineteenth century, apartment in New York City and a villa in South France.

Edge….has a mansion/home in Malibu California.  I could be wrong.

Larry, Adam…..manors in Ireland.  Maybe other homes.  Not sure.

Offline Manos73

• Numb
  • Stop trying to change the world, I like it.
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 09:32:58 AM »
I get the sense that Bono and Edge doesn't spend much time in Ireland anymore. Bono splits most of his time between NYC and France. The Edge is in CA a lot. Larry and Adam seem to show up in Irish papers more often. Just my casual impression.

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 09:45:12 PM »
I get the sense that Bono and Edge doesn't spend much time in Ireland anymore. Bono splits most of his time between NYC and France. The Edge is in CA a lot. Larry and Adam seem to show up in Irish papers more often. Just my casual impression.

I think you are right.  I remember reading somewhere that Bono has his principle residence in NYC.

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2016, 04:47:51 AM »
He's in New York because he misses ocean..... ;)

Behind the Barricade

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2016, 05:34:18 AM »
No refugees will be living near to Bono, that's for certain.  They won't be looking out over Central Park from the San Remo, or looking out to the Med from his villa in Nice or out to the bay from his Mansion in Killiney.