Author Topic: U2 on cover Q Magazine  (Read 14131 times)

Offline joe1320

• Babyface
U2 on cover Q Magazine
« on: August 20, 2015, 09:27:03 AM »
U2 are on the cover of Q magazine, seems to be interviewed from New York

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
Re: U2 on cover Q Magazine
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 05:08:33 PM »
Hmm. I guess this means we in North America will have to wait until October to get the magazine.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 06:19:18 PM »
You can order it but I don't know when it will ship to US. I ordered one because nowhere will have it in my town. It was about $17 U.S. I think to order.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 07:43:03 PM »
Yeah, it's order it and wait a month or wait a month and hope it appears in the shops.

iehomecoming

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 08:35:32 PM »
What is this "magazine" thing of which you speak ?

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 08:45:31 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You can get an e-reader version if you like that sort of new-fangled thing.

Remember when vinyl was supposed to be dead? I think the same thing will happen with books and magazines, people will realize they have value.

Offline DavidSilvajnr

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 05:37:29 AM »
New songs they mention are:
- Civilisation
- Instrument Flying
- The Little Things That Give You Away
- Much More Better (acoustic....deals with Bono's accident.....he sings the line "I only sing to prove that I'm here)

Songs sound vibrant and irrestible according to the interviewer.

iehomecoming

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 08:00:10 AM »

You can get an e-reader version if you like that sort of new-fangled thing.

Remember when vinyl was supposed to be dead? I think the same thing will happen with books and magazines, people will realize they have value.

I love my vinyl. That's all I buy.

And I have tons of U2 cover Q, Guitar mags, etc in storage.

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 09:06:22 AM »
....in the old days, in order to  communicate, we used to chop down trees in the Brazilian Amazon rain forest, transport them on large ships to huge mills, where they would be stripped, pulped and rolled into tiny, thin sheets, bleached, dried and cut into individual strips. We would then mine oil from the ocean floor, ship it to huge refineries, refine it, pour it into large containers where it is then shipped on trains and trucks to large printeries. It was then combined with the stripped timber, to make an ancient version of 'web pages', complete with stitching and staples. Copies were then loaded into smaller trucks and shipped back all over the world to individual stores in every community, where people would then walk in and buy the pulped timber, just so that they could read an arbitrary list of one persons opinion on ranking U2's albums. We ripped up a part of our planet for that....
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 09:08:36 AM by codeguy »

Offline striker

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Dream Out Loud
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 09:30:06 AM »
....in the old days, in order to  communicate, we used to chop down trees in the Brazilian Amazon rain forest, transport them on large ships to huge mills, where they would be stripped, pulped and rolled into tiny, thin sheets, bleached, dried and cut into individual strips. We would then mine oil from the ocean floor, ship it to huge refineries, refine it, pour it into large containers where it is then shipped on trains and trucks to large printeries. It was then combined with the stripped timber, to make an ancient version of 'web pages', complete with stitching and staples. Copies were then loaded into smaller trucks and shipped back all over the world to individual stores in every community, where people would then walk in and buy the pulped timber, just so that they could read an arbitrary list of one persons opinion on ranking U2's albums. We ripped up a part of our planet for that....
Hahaha.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2015, 10:24:04 AM »
- Civilisation
- Instrument Flying
- Much More Better (acoustic....deals with Bono's accident.....he sings the line "I only sing to prove that I'm here)

Lets hope 'civilisation' falls into The Troubles camp of songs with titles that send a shudder down you at how horrible the song could be but is actually a belter rather than the Peace on Earth camp....

Waffles

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2015, 11:35:02 AM »
- Civilisation
- Instrument Flying

Lets hope 'civilisation' falls into The Troubles camp of songs with titles that send a shudder down you at how horrible the song could be but is actually a belter rather than the Peace on Earth camp....

So we now have 6 completed songs including red flag day and morning after innocence

Offline podiumboy

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2015, 11:52:34 AM »
Now you know the drill... No U2 song is COMPLETE until it's released, and even then sometimes not.

Offline MPare1966

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Trying to throw my arms around the world.
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2015, 12:52:40 PM »

Yeah... but do you think all those electronic gadgets made for the "iCrap" age we live in and that we throw away every other year are "environmental friendly products"? 

Offline tom_b1807

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2015, 02:56:58 PM »
Now you know the drill... No U2 song is COMPLETE until it's released, and even then sometimes not.

And then it gets torn apart on a 'fan' forum.