Author Topic: What U2 song are you addicted to right now?  (Read 12200 times)

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
Re: What U2 song are you addicted to right now?
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2015, 09:05:34 PM »
Zooropa keeps prevailing along with Electrical Storm.

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2015, 08:46:38 PM »
Spanish Eyes, A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel, The Fly (specifically the Lounge Fly Mix), and One Tree Hill at the moment.

Offline redrunningred

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2015, 02:45:05 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Unknown Caller (yes, I said it right)
The Electric Co.
Wire
Van Diemens Land

I'm with you, together we can overcome this terrible affliction.
In all seriousness the melody can get right in your head and take you places.

Great song.  I will defend it with my dying breath.  Very polarizing song

Oh and the U2 song I am addicted to now is Zoo Station from the Stockholm Zoo TV show.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 03:33:36 PM by redrunningred »

Offline Blueyedboy

• Running to Stand Still
  • Embrace the challenge
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2015, 02:57:25 PM »
As much as I dislike the parent album, the song Grace has somehow wormed itself into my head without being listened to in years.
Played it a couple of times on 'tinternet while in work today.
Nice, real nice.

Offline redrunningred

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2015, 03:29:21 PM »
As much as I dislike the parent album, the song Grace has somehow wormed itself into my head without being listened to in years.
Nice, real nice.

Dislike the parent album, but thank god it happened, if it didn't, we would likely not be here as one of many rabid fans of a still massively popular U2. It got their career back on track, though of course many of us think Pop was the right track
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 10:53:23 AM by redrunningred »

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2015, 08:41:32 PM »
I'm kind of rediscovering the studio songs for Achtung Baby right now since I usually just listen to Zoo TV stuff. I forgot how amazing the production for the album really is, especially compared to SOI! I wish I had time to listen now, but I'll get to it tomorrow.

Offline Blueyedboy

• Running to Stand Still
  • Embrace the challenge
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2015, 11:38:37 AM »
Nice, real nice.

Dislike the parent album, but thank god it happened, if it didn't, we would likely not her here as one of many rabid fans of a still massively popular U2. It got their career back on track, though of course many is us think Pop was the right track

Yeah this seems to be the blueprint of many discussions. I often wonder if POP would have been better received if it was the album to accompany AB in 93 rather than Zooropa. And vice versa, would Zooropa have got the hate if it was released in '97.

Offline AltonDalton

• Refugee
  • My heads still in the mud, baby
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2015, 12:14:06 AM »
I'm kind of rediscovering the studio songs for Achtung Baby right now since I usually just listen to Zoo TV stuff. I forgot how amazing the production for the album really is, especially compared to SOI! I wish I had time to listen now, but I'll get to it tomorrow.
sometimes you forget how great the album versions of some songs are due to hearing the live versions so much. Until the end of the world being a prime example

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2015, 03:54:36 PM »
sometimes you forget how great the album versions of some songs are due to hearing the live versions so much. Until the end of the world being a prime example
Yeah, that song and Zoo Station.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2015, 10:59:03 AM »
And, Ultraviolet...so intense on the recording.

Offline U2 Spartan

• Babyface
  • The rich stay healthy, the sick stay poor.
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2015, 01:37:18 PM »
Out of Control and Elvis Presley And America.  Something about the performance of Out of Control by TUF at the Cutting Room for the anniversary show got me back into that song...I think the way the sung the last verse...gave me chills.  As for EP&A, I cannot put my finger on it, but I have been listening to it a lot lately.

Offline tom_b1807

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2015, 12:37:29 AM »
Nice, real nice.

Dislike the parent album, but thank god it happened, if it didn't, we would likely not her here as one of many rabid fans of a still massively popular U2. It got their career back on track, though of course many is us think Pop was the right track

Yeah this seems to be the blueprint of many discussions. I often wonder if POP would have been better received if it was the album to accompany AB in 93 rather than Zooropa. And vice versa, would Zooropa have got the hate if it was released in '97.

I don't understand why the year it was released affects that? Is it just because they were still riding the post-AB / Zoo TV wave of success in 1993?

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2015, 12:40:48 PM »
Nice, real nice.

as is
How funny...I just listened to that cd today! Grace is a wonderful song.

Offline Vox

• Running to Stand Still
  • Time is irrelevant, it's not linear.
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2015, 01:30:45 PM »
I haven't been listening to a lot of U2 lately.  But early last week I woke up with "Shadows and Tall Trees" in my head and I've listened to it several times in the last week...  It's always been in the bottom half of my personal favorites from Boy, but for some reason I'm rather smitten with it lately. 

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2015, 11:54:05 AM »
I haven't been listening to a lot of U2 lately.  But early last week I woke up with "Shadows and Tall Trees" in my head and I've listened to it several times in the last week...  It's always been in the bottom half of my personal favorites from Boy, but for some reason I'm rather smitten with it lately.
Yeah, Shadows was never a favorite of mine, but now thanks to you, it's stuck in my head!
Thanks for that! kidding...it's not a bad song to have stuck...