Author Topic: What U2 song are you addicted to right now?  (Read 12035 times)

Offline kango

• Desert Rose
  • I know I'm not a hopeless case.
Re: What U2 song are you addicted to right now?
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2016, 03:39:59 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm listening to the Ueber Remix disc.

Just enjoying Lemon Perfecto Mix. I'm a fan of this band for almost 2 decades and I never knew there was this remix of Lemon that features a female performer for sections of the track

I now think this is their greatest remix. It just beats Perfecto's own EBTTRT for me. It's like a lost club classic.

Offline binary_code

• Stateless
  • Wanna be the song that you hear in your head
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2016, 04:36:16 PM »
Gloria

Their live performance reminded me how special it was.
I've recently become addicted to October in its entirety this past week.  ;D
Me too! October was the last of the older U2 albums I bought after becoming a fan, and didn't really listened that much to it. But this past month I haven't been able to even put it away! I love all the songs.
Which one is (the most) stuck in my head right now? Probably 'I Threw a Brick..'

Offline redrunningred

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2016, 06:38:59 AM »
GOYB (sue me, I like it)
TCB
Staring at the Sun (one of U2's most underrated tracks, a masterpiece)
Mofo
Your Blue Room

Offline Nagrom76

• Refugee
  • Bacon
« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2016, 12:25:58 PM »
The Lounge Fly Mix

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2016, 05:37:01 PM »
The Lounge Fly Mix
Love this version of the song

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2016, 06:12:26 AM »
This week it's Red Hill Mining Town...such a passionate song.

Offline redrunningred

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2016, 01:03:25 PM »
Magnificent, TISWYCRMN, Lucifers Hands, EBTTRT (Perfecto Mix)

Offline AltonDalton

• Refugee
  • My heads still in the mud, baby
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2016, 11:06:24 PM »
Magnificent, TISWYCRMN, Lucifers Hands, EBTTRT (Perfecto Mix)
Magnificent is always one of those songs for me

LightMyWay92

« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2016, 04:46:24 AM »
For me it's pretty much always Ultraviolet (Light My Way).  Such a phenomenal song!

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #114 on: January 14, 2016, 08:47:37 AM »
For me it's pretty much always Ultraviolet (Light My Way).  Such a phenomenal song!

Ultraviolet is one of my favs, too. Very passionate version on the 360 dvd. Love it!

LightMyWay92

« Reply #115 on: January 14, 2016, 09:17:46 AM »
If you've never seen it before, look up the performance of Ultraviolet and With or Without from Washington DC in '92 on the ZooTV Tour.  It's amazing!

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2016, 02:12:45 PM »
If you've never seen it before, look up the performance of Ultraviolet and With or Without from Washington DC in '92 on the ZooTV Tour.  It's amazing!

Just watched it...thanks. Really nice version of Ultraviolet...love when Bono messed up the 2nd verse & put his hand over his mouth, like "oops". And, With or Without You was great...Bono's voice was really on. And he did "We'll shine like stars..." YAY! They don't do that often enough. The closeups of Edge's guitar (that's the infinite guitar, right?) are nice, too. The whole band was kicking butt on both songs...what a sound they produce. Just amazes me.

LightMyWay92

« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2016, 07:29:44 AM »
Yeah, the "shine like stars" coda at the end really adds something, as does the extended guitar solo from Edge.  I also like when he adds stuff to the end of "One."  I forget what he all says, but it's something like "Do you hear me coming, love, hear me call, hear me knocking, knocking at your door."  It's even more potent when he sings something a capella like "Amazing Grace" or "Unchained Melody," before going into the next song.  Very dramatic!  That guitar is actually a Gibson Explorer.  It's a very cool looking guitar!

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2016, 08:12:13 AM »
He uses the Explorer on With or Without You? I thought he always used the infinite for that one.
The Explorer goes WAY back...to the beginning, I think. Although I think I read somewhere that the original Explorer had to be retired, so this one is a newer one. I was THRILLED at the SOI show in Phoenix...our seats were very close to the Edge end of the stage (GREAT view of the entire band, but especially Edge), and before the show Dallas came out to test or tune or whatever the Explorer.

LightMyWay92

« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2016, 09:16:05 AM »
He uses the Explorer on With or Without You? I thought he always used the infinite for that one.
The Explorer goes WAY back...to the beginning, I think. Although I think I read somewhere that the original Explorer had to be retired, so this one is a newer one. I was THRILLED at the SOI show in Phoenix...our seats were very close to the Edge end of the stage (GREAT view of the entire band, but especially Edge), and before the show Dallas came out to test or tune or whatever the Explorer.
You're right.  He used the Explorer on Ultraviolet and switched to the Infinite for With or Without You.

I only saw U2 live once (I know, totally not like everyone else on this forum :), but when I did see them in Milwaukee in 2005 on the Vertigo Tour, I took my then 7-year old step-son (who I got into U2), and we had General Admission tickets.  We found out when we got there that at the band's orders, any children with their parents who had GA tickets automatically get inside the circular catwalk they used on that tour, whatever it was called.  I deliberately stood on Edge's side of the stage so I could watch him.  I was close enough to see the slide guitar thing on his finger during "Bullet" and a few other songs, and I could also read the "Gibson" and "Fender" on the head stocks of his guitars!  During "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For," I was singing the words, and Edge saw me, made eye contact and smiled at me!  I always tell that story!