Author Topic: I+e Tour - Ziggo Dome Sept 13th *Spoilers  (Read 5740 times)

An Cat Dubh

Re: I+e Tour - Ziggo Dome Sept 13th *Spoilers
« Reply #270 on: September 13, 2015, 11:45:33 PM »
Best version of Magnificent Ive ever heard.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #271 on: September 14, 2015, 09:49:01 AM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
without looking at gigs history, this is the first tour to play every record since which tour? JT? AB? Fairly certain this will also be on its way to most songs ever played in a tour.
Did they play a Pop song yet?  I can't remember...
Snippeted Mofo at the start of Iris at the start of the tour . . .

But does that really count? ;)

strudelwithcream

« Reply #272 on: September 14, 2015, 10:29:39 AM »

without looking at gigs history, this is the first tour to play every record since which tour? JT? AB? Fairly certain this will also be on its way to most songs ever played in a tour.

it depends on whether people want it to count. 

strudelwithcream

« Reply #273 on: September 14, 2015, 10:33:54 AM »

which is quite an achievement given your love for NLOTH.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #274 on: September 14, 2015, 11:16:37 AM »

which is quite an achievement given your love for NLOTH.

I like a lot of songs on NLOTH. Magnificent is not one of them. If this new version had been on the album, it would be a different story.

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #275 on: September 14, 2015, 11:18:37 AM »
I like the album version of Magnificent a lot, but this new version just has a lot more life to it, and gets stuck in your head more than the original even though it's the same melody.

I think this new version could have been the club/radio hit Bono talked about wanting.

Offline binary_code

• Stateless
  • Wanna be the song that you hear in your head
« Reply #276 on: September 14, 2015, 04:55:51 PM »
I was there, what an amazing show it was!!! It was my first for the tour and I'm completely blown away. Concerning those who speculate in Bono's vocal abilities, let me killthose rumours once and for all - Bono's vocals are in top form! He kept it going from the beginning to the end with so much power and passion and totally in pitch almost without exception. I can honestly say I can't think of many other singers who could manage that. Of course, there may have been some nights where his voice have sounded a bit tired of strained -which is completely natural and understandable for a singer- this night was truly 100%.
Adam looked so happy throughout. When he and Bono played around on the e-stage, down on their knees, the crowd went wild with cheer and laughter. Another memorable moment was after The Sweetest Thing, when Bono had played the piano (so very simple, though steady and correct chords.)  He looked so concentrated, almost child like, during his playing, and afterwards gave this really humble, heartfelt laugh, captured on the big screen.
The girl brought on stage did very well. She looked so happy to be there, and upheld the energy dancing throughout the song. Bono repeatedly told her how funky she was, and said "You know wearing that might get you into trouble.", pointing to her Ramones t-shirt.

Magnificent was such a pleasant surprise, personally, I love that song! But this version made it a very different song compared to the original. Not in a bad way, imo, just very different. As the NLOTH-version is anthem-like, athmospheric, big and "airy", this one was much more funky, danceable, groovy and less dynamic, I guess. At least that was my impression being there, I haven't listened back (and might change opinion), but I liked it!

Zooropa-Streets was magic. Bad was amazing. Iris. October. Every breaking wave. Raised by wolves. So many highlights!
I think the political rap Bono did really worked.

The energy during the whole show was so raw and full of passion, they gave it all, nothing less. My only complaints are my sore neck after standing too close and having to look up to the screen, but still not being close enough to see as much of the band as I'd liked. Note to self: grow a couple of centimetres till next time GA.. The crowd was good and relaxed, maybe a bit too relaxed (minimal jumping and not that much singing along). I guess I tried to compensate for the ones around me. Haha.
 And the worst thing, (e.g. The only bad thing), the arena turned on music over the speakers just moments after the band had left the stage. TOTALLY ruining the "How long"-chant after 40!! Everybody was singing out loud when suddenly a random song started playing. That's so not ok.

As you see - not much to complain about at all. Loved the set list and the band was in great spirit! Speaking of spirit, that concert was church. On a Sunday, how fitting  ;)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 05:02:05 PM by binary_code »

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #277 on: September 14, 2015, 05:24:41 PM »
I was there, what an amazing show it was!!! It was my first for the tour and I'm completely blown away. Concerning those who speculate in Bono's vocal abilities, let me killthose rumours once and for all - Bono's vocals are in top form! He kept it going from the beginning to the end with so much power and passion and totally in pitch almost without exception. I can honestly say I can't think of many other singers who could manage that. Of course, there may have been some nights where his voice have sounded a bit tired of strained -which is completely natural and understandable for a singer- this night was truly 100%.
Adam looked so happy throughout. When he and Bono played around on the e-stage, down on their knees, the crowd went wild with cheer and laughter. Another memorable moment was after The Sweetest Thing, when Bono had played the piano (so very simple, though steady and correct chords.)  He looked so concentrated, almost child like, during his playing, and afterwards gave this really humble, heartfelt laugh, captured on the big screen.
The girl brought on stage did very well. She looked so happy to be there, and upheld the energy dancing throughout the song. Bono repeatedly told her how funky she was, and said "You know wearing that might get you into trouble.", pointing to her Ramones t-shirt.

Magnificent was such a pleasant surprise, personally, I love that song! But this version made it a very different song compared to the original. Not in a bad way, imo, just very different. As the NLOTH-version is anthem-like, athmospheric, big and "airy", this one was much more funky, danceable, groovy and less dynamic, I guess. At least that was my impression being there, I haven't listened back (and might change opinion), but I liked it!

Zooropa-Streets was magic. Bad was amazing. Iris. October. Every breaking wave. Raised by wolves. So many highlights!
I think the political rap Bono did really worked.

The energy during the whole show was so raw and full of passion, they gave it all, nothing less. My only complaints are my sore neck after standing too close and having to look up to the screen, but still not being close enough to see as much of the band as I'd liked. Note to self: grow a couple of centimetres till next time GA.. The crowd was good and relaxed, maybe a bit too relaxed (minimal jumping and not that much singing along). I guess I tried to compensate for the ones around me. Haha.
 And the worst thing, (e.g. The only bad thing), the arena turned on music over the speakers just moments after the band had left the stage. TOTALLY ruining the "How long"-chant after 40!! Everybody was singing out loud when suddenly a random song started playing. That's so not ok.

As you see - not much to complain about at all. Loved the set list and the band was in great spirit! Speaking of spirit, that concert was church. On a Sunday, how fitting  ;)

I agree, it was a great show. The fans kept singing 40 even at the metro station on the way back.
I also thought Bono's voice was strong and he kept it going with a smile !!

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #278 on: September 14, 2015, 05:35:16 PM »
binarycode -
Very happy to read your review! This is how I've felt at many shows. Such special moments and I too LOVED seeing Bono play the piano on Sweetest Thing. You definitely captured his shy exuberance; contrary to most opinion he is humble too.

This is a very special tour and those who realize it will be blessed and grateful and no one can change that.

I agree w/ your take on Magnificent, Zooropa to Streets (brilliance!), the band member's interplay with one another, the energy, the music, the vocals!

All so excellent! Glad you have this wonderful concert to remember forever.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #279 on: September 14, 2015, 06:33:16 PM »

it depends on whether people want it to count.

I feel like a broken record in this, but the band themselves pretended they had played a song from every album on the 360 tour citing - wait for it- a recurring Discotheque snippet in I'll Go Crazy. (To be fair, the snippet did include the guitar riff)

Offline kos4u2

• Staring at the Sun
  • Ain't love the sweetest thing
« Reply #280 on: September 16, 2015, 11:46:56 AM »
Thanks kos4u2 for keeping up with the set lists the past two days!!

I'm sure you meant four :)