Author Topic: Berlin Night 1 September 24 *SPOILERS*  (Read 3342 times)

Offline garyu2

• Stateless
Re: Berlin Night 1 September 24 *SPOILERS*
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2015, 01:11:43 AM »
Funny how the more Achtung Baby songs feature, the better the gig.

Offline zeeTV

• Numb
  • But I can change the world in me... REJOICE
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2015, 03:27:37 AM »
I Made the Pilgrimage. Wowzers.
Berlin You absolutely Beautiful city ..
U2.. You friggen beautiful bastrards.
Incredible show, unreal atmosphere... ♡♡♡
A night I will never forget.

Offline zeeTV

• Numb
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2015, 03:58:58 AM »
First 2 days In Berlin. AMAZZZED. I think I have to Marry my BF for making this experience happen. Bring on Night II

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 04:36:10 AM by zeeTV »

Offline lazyboy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2015, 05:28:16 AM »
197 euro!! :o

Enjoy ya spoilt bugger! ;D

Offline zeeTV

• Numb
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2015, 07:31:48 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
197 euro!! :o

Enjoy ya spoilt bugger! ;D

Yeh I never asked how much is cost him. Alost had a Myocardial infarction when I saw the ticket price. Jesus

Offline binary_code

• Stateless
  • Wanna be the song that you hear in your head
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2015, 05:03:20 PM »
An Achtung Baby pilgrim's experience:

I literally screamed when I heard the opening notes of Zoo Station. I never imagined I would be lucky enough to hear that song live - and in Berlin! Wow.
I'm not a German myself, and this was my first time here. A couple of hours prior to the concert, I entered the Underground at the Zoo(logischer Garten) Station and got lost in my own thoughts. Just imagening being in Berlin 25 years ago, as the band witnessed the fall of the Berlin Wall and a city in such a peculiar situation..
Walking around the city, I had no hard time finding where much of the inspiration for Achtung Baby came from. It's truly a fascinating city with a history of contrasts. Seeing the Siegessaüle I know from music video for Stay, visiting the Hansa Studios, seeing artsy painted Trabants... It took me back to a time before I was even born (I'm a nineties kid), I felt surrounded by U2 references everywhere I turned! It's as if the whole AB album and Zoo TV tour had absorbed the city! This only confirmed what I already suspected; U2 are masters in converting places and feelings into sounds and melodies. If possible, this whole experience has made me fall even deeper in love with my favourite album.

And the best part of it all - seeing them in concert that night wasn't anything close to a disappointment as one would perhaps think, as I had been dreaming of the 25 years younger Achtung Baby-U2 all day.
The show was simply awesome. My (not so hardcore U2 fan) friends were awestruck and we all had a blast singing and dancing from beginning to end, through songs spanning the band's whole carrier -and several of them being created years before ourselves!

Yes, they messed up Elevation, I don't know what happened (was there perhaps something wrong with Bono's monitor?)  But when they got it right, it was all forgotten. And to be honest, I always find it fascinating to see how the band handles that sort of thing. They did great! Also, that's something which you'll never get to hear on a record, so in a way it feels kinda special.

The rest of the show was great also, Adam was digging it the whole show, Edge played so that the fringes on his (so cool!!)  leather jacket danced around him! Larry was steady as a rock and really killed it! Bono - well he just owned the stage, and everyone present in the room. I have no idea how he does it, but there's definitely somthing truly special to that man.

I feel so lucky that I got to experience this tour and this particular concert. Although the set lists and the narrative of the show is pretty similar from concert to concert, I think there is something special happening every night that can't be replicated.

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2015, 06:13:02 PM »
That was a great experience for you for sure. Ah, Berlin ,  yes the great city of the best album made Achtung Baby and ZOO TV, spectacular. What a night for those visiting the city and seeing the show. Wish I could have been there. Glad you and your friends had a great time.