Author Topic: Berlin Night 2 September 25 *SPOILERS*  (Read 2213 times)

Offline Connordo

• Stateless
Re: Berlin Night 2 September 25 *SPOILERS*
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2015, 02:52:54 PM »
Cookie cutter set no extras.  Would have thought for the anniversary they would have gotten something guess Bono has to catch that flight to chill with the Pope and world leaders.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2015, 03:23:59 PM »
Thanks for picking up where I left off. Training turned into a fiasco!

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2015, 03:39:06 PM »
I have to say, I thought they'd get more adventurous in Europe.....so far, other than adding Zoo Station and Zooropa to the setlist, it's pretty much as-you-were since Vancouver....

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2015, 04:07:14 PM »
I wish I could tune in during the day but do to work I can't. Sounds like it was a good show  someone mentioned his voice sounds tired I am sure it is they need a little break.

Offline Giga Razor

• Stateless
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2015, 04:36:36 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have to say, I thought they'd get more adventurous in Europe.....so far, other than adding Zoo Station and Zooropa to the setlist, it's pretty much as-you-were since Vancouver....
You better not go to an Acdc or Depeche Mode concert because they NEVER change the set list, not even one song and they have as big if not bigger back catalogue as U2 ,some obsessive fanatics on here are never happy even though most are just reading the set list and not even at the gig.

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2015, 06:00:36 PM »
Again I was at tonight's show in Berlin ... everyone was going potty for U2 .... about 7 songs different from last night .... ace ... stop your moaning ... if you are bored of U2 stop listening or streaming

Offline samko

• Stateless
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2015, 02:18:50 AM »
Agreed it's one thing to read the setlists and it's another thing to be at the show. I was at opening night in Turin (also going to London and Belfast) and until you've actually seen the show and seen just how well the running order hangs together and whet a great and powerful show it is, you may not quite appreciate why the band decides to play what tunes. It's their show, their vision and I think people should respect that. Also I read comments about the band being bored, phoning it in and warhoses sounding tired. Pleased to say having seen the show nothing could be further from the truth on all counts. If you've not yet seen the show you are in for a treat and your mind may well be blown!

Offline Quack

• Wanderer
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2015, 02:46:32 AM »
Yeah I didn't see any boredom or phoning it in in Stockholm.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2015, 05:20:07 AM »
I'm not going to comment as to how well the show works live until I've seen it.  However, I do think they should try and mix up the setlist more.  The whole tour was promoted on the basis that there'd be two radically different sets and many of us - myself included - got tickets to consecutive shows for this reason.  I understand that Bono's accident curtailed rehearsal time, but now they've been on the road for some months would it not be good if they tried to offer more variety to the second half of the set, at least?

Offline Jswallow

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2015, 05:54:52 AM »
Same here i saw them in Amsterdam & the band & crowd were well loving it, Ive been to every tour since The unforgettable fire in 1984 & this tour is up there with the best...Too much whinging on here !!

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2015, 06:05:00 AM »
Same here i saw them in Amsterdam & the band & crowd were well loving it, Ive been to every tour since The unforgettable fire in 1984 & this tour is up there with the best...Too much whinging on here !!

Thank you!

Offline Giga Razor

• Stateless
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2015, 06:56:43 AM »
I'm not going to comment as to how well the show works live until I've seen it.  However, I do think they should try and mix up the setlist more.  The whole tour was promoted on the basis that there'd be two radically different sets and many of us - myself included - got tickets to consecutive shows for this reason.  I understand that Bono's accident curtailed rehearsal time, but now they've been on the road for some months would it not be good if they tried to offer more variety to the second half of the set, at least?
More variety???? They've played more songs on this tour than any other over 50 different tunes , what more do u want?  It's getting like the Apple album release  farce on here people moaning just for the sake of it ,the show is geared for the 90% that see it once and not obsessive fanatics who are looking to moan.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2015, 07:00:34 AM »
+1

Offline kos4u2

• Staring at the Sun
  • Ain't love the sweetest thing
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2015, 08:14:25 AM »
Again I was at tonight's show in Berlin ... everyone was going potty for U2 .... about 7 songs different from last night .... ace ... stop your moaning ... if you are bored of U2 stop listening or streaming

Where do you get it we don't like the set? The fact we like to hear another song?

I've seen U2 on multiple locations, and although you seem to go to a single concert per tour, some of us are going to multiple ones.
(On a side note, I have a blast every night I 'listen' to the set).

I am sure everybody enjoys the show they are going to.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2015, 08:17:34 AM »

More variety???? They've played more songs on this tour than any other over 50 different tunes , what more do u want?  It's getting like the Apple album release  farce on here people moaning just for the sake of it ,the show is geared for the 90% that see it once and not obsessive fanatics who are looking to moan.

This is nothing like the Apple situation.  No genuine U2 fan complained about getting the album for free from Apple.  This is about people like myself buying what are expensive tickets for 2 concerts instead of 1 as were led to believe U2 were trying something new: 2 radically different shows based on different themes each night.  There is no doubt they are playing several different songs from night to night, but the shows are similarly structured each night and revolve around the same themes.  I was hoping now they've had some months on the road, and that break before the European shows started, they might have attempted to come closer to realising their original ambition.

I am probably going to try and save myself some money by selling my tickets for one of the shows but if I don't succeed I'm hoping that I'll enjoy both shows a great deal.