Author Topic: What is your bathroom break song?  (Read 2900 times)

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
Re: What is your bathroom break song?
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2015, 10:54:41 AM »
I agree the setlist is made that way to bring out the energy of the crowd, these are high voltage songs that gets everyone going. That's what U2 feeds off the energy in the room..

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2015, 11:04:05 AM »
If elevation was a song by some other group i would be willing to bet people here wouldn't like it and would probably trash it for its stupid lyrics and mimed woohoos.

For my money it represents u2 at their absolute worst.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 01:00:42 PM by an tha »

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2015, 12:45:40 PM »
80,000+ people at Wembley Stadium joyfully singing along to Elevation and having a blast---priceless  ;D

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2015, 12:59:36 PM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If elevation was a song by some other group i would be willing to bet people here wouldn't like it and i would probably trash it for its stupid lyrics and mimed woohoos.

That might be true, but while it might be overplayed, I like it.

I don't have a bathroom break song. I'm there to see U2, so I'm not missing the show.

Offline lazyboy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2015, 01:40:35 PM »
If elevation was a song by some other group i would be willing to bet people here wouldn't like it and would probably trash it for its stupid lyrics and mimed woohoos.

I think you just have to accept you are in the minority here, just like with you not getting Streets live :P

Different strokes for different folks. I do find it strange that you can't get your head around why it is still played so much by them though. Watch any of the youtubes of it from the current tour, with the sound down if you must, and the crowd reaction is unanimously positive.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2015, 02:14:23 PM »

I think you just have to accept you are in the minority here, just like with you not getting Streets live :P

Different strokes for different folks. I do find it strange that you can't get your head around why it is still played so much by them though. Watch any of the youtubes of it from the current tour, with the sound down if you must, and the crowd reaction is unanimously positive.

Ah well it is what it is i suppose.....i just can't stand it, I suppose it being easy to play and the reaction you describe keeps it in the set - just a shame to me it hogs set space and it is even worse when it's equally dumb brother vertigo is played in the same  show!

Do they still pipe the woohoos in?

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2015, 02:22:01 PM »
Do you like U2? I don't get the impression you like them that much.

Edgedisciple

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2015, 04:31:44 AM »
an tha is particular. :D He doesn't like the "pop" side of U2, for the most part he's in just for their most experimental or bold things. I often don't get him too, because I love the 00's era and I think that a great song with a great, catchy melody (or guitar part in my case) is a great song, even if not experimental or daring. But he's a respectful user with whom you can always have a good chat, even if you don't agree with him. ;) 

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2015, 07:20:04 AM »
It's such a risk taking a bathroom break at a u2 show. They mix up the set lists so much from night to night that who knows what song they might play next?
Absolute lottery!

One night, Iris could be followed by Cedarwood Rd, the next night... Who knows?

Offline Droo

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • don't expect, suggest
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2015, 09:32:12 AM »
I've never had to bathroom break during a U2 concert, but on 360 I would have used UTOETW as my bathroom break song if I needed one, and during Pride on I+E.

Offline peggy2ten

• Stateless
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2015, 09:40:11 AM »
Like others, I plan not to go to the bathroom while U2 is playing - I don't want to miss a thing and if I'm in GA - it's too hard to get back to my spot once the show has started.  If I'm waiting in line for GA or Red Zone, I only drink enough water not to get dehydrated.  If there is an opening act, I go during their last song.  With this show, I just figured on going about 15 minutes before U2 comes on.  I don't drink beer anymore during a concert.  Just get a bottle of water and sip that during the show.  And, my U2 friend and I treat ourselves to a good beer after the show (someplace playing U2 if possible) and do our recap and bask in the glory of enjoying another great U2 show.   But if One or ISHFWILF were in the middle of the set, I might consider going then:)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2015, 11:30:27 AM »
an tha is particular. :D He doesn't like the "pop" side of U2, for the most part he's in just for their most experimental or bold things. I often don't get him too, because I love the 00's era and I think that a great song with a great, catchy melody (or guitar part in my case) is a great song, even if not experimental or daring. But he's a respectful user with whom you can always have a good chat, even if you don't agree with him. ;)

You are too kind!

I don't mind the brickbats that sometimes come my way, it is only to be expected when holding views like mine....I am always happy to enter into a discussion about those views and listen to counter views with those who want to engage......those who don't - hey that is their prerogative - you'll never get on with every person in the bar!

Any luck sourcing the tickets you are chasing?

Offline u2chamonix

• Stateless
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2015, 12:02:22 PM »
Sunday bloody sunday on this tour.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2015, 02:53:11 PM »
I do think it would be hilarious if someone took one of the popular songs as a bathroom break song.

Edgedisciple

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2015, 04:57:23 PM »

You are too kind!

I don't mind the brickbats that sometimes come my way, it is only to be expected when holding views like mine....I am always happy to enter into a discussion about those views and listen to counter views with those who want to engage......those who don't - hey that is their prerogative - you'll never get on with every person in the bar!

Any luck sourcing the tickets you are chasing?
No, for now they are criminally expensive! :-X I think the best thing to do is waiting till the days before the opening date. Now I live here, if I had to book also a plane ticket it would be awfully complicated.