Author Topic: worst performance by Adam  (Read 2102 times)

Offline schoo2

• Stateless
  • My sorrows learnt to swim
worst performance by Adam
« on: September 26, 2015, 11:45:01 AM »
not to beat up on Adam (love the guy  :))
was doing the usual perusal of U2 live moments and stumbled upon this where Adam really lets the side down with an error strewn Lemon.  the mood in the camp doesn't look good in general. 
Additionally, i think this may be the gig before his absence in Sydney. 
I will listen to the Sydney version some time to see if he made a marked improvement which i assume he did. 
this could have been an example of when he was struggling to keep it together and culminated in his sicky.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
Re: worst performance by Adam
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 01:48:23 PM »
ask Naomi Campbell.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 04:25:45 AM »
The Adelaide gig preceded Brisbane. Sydney minus Adam was after Brisbane.

The Adelaide show was filmed in full, edge has a few howlers too (pride in particular).

Don't forget, with sydney being the official release, any 'issues' could have been corrected in post.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 04:32:13 AM by briscoetheque »

Offline benpoke

• Refugee
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 11:53:39 PM »
I love hearing mistakes in live songs.  :-) Anyone got any more?

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 12:01:27 AM »
Any version of walk on ever. They always seemed to bugger it up somehow.

Offline U2_fan8 [aka U28]

• Acrobat
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 12:25:16 AM »
Edge messed up the solo in UTEOTW at one of recent European shows, but I can't remember which. :/ (I think it may have been in Stockholm or Amsterdam). Bono's usual line of "Oh Edge" during the solo was timed perfectly with his mess ups too.

Boom Cha!

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 12:54:09 AM »
Any version of walk on ever. They always seemed to bugger it up somehow.

That's just the song.

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 01:03:16 AM »
Ahhhhhhh.

Offline benpoke

• Refugee
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2015, 02:19:11 AM »
They screwed up One pretty bad on the first night of 360 in Barcelona.  It seems Bono got mixed up but basically blamed the rest of the band: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

(Exactly the same thing happened in One when I saw them in Manchester in 2001 but there's no footage of that.)

Offline david

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2015, 06:39:37 AM »
I always thought that the bass in Lemon on the DVD didn't sound live, like it was overdubbed or something. Mind you, for a U2 bass line Lemon is a bit tricky, timing wise anyway.

Offline RathfarnhamU2Fan

• Stateless
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2015, 12:11:44 PM »
Edge hits a lot of bum notes but this is different,this is consistently sloppy which is a sign that he's drunk.I have to laugh at Edge's face at a few moments there as he looks across the stage,he's doesn't look impressed.

Offline satellitedog

• Child of Grace
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2015, 12:43:47 PM »
He is dancing around the beat, but he doesn't hit a bum note, there's just a pull-off triplet he keeps repeating throughout the verses, that doesn't work too well, due mostly to sloppy timing. I was expecting something like this:

alas, this is totally serviceable (discounting the bass heavy mix. Was this pulled from Adam's in-ears?)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 12:59:04 PM »
They screwed up One pretty bad on the first night of 360 in Barcelona.  It seems Bono got mixed up but basically blamed the rest of the band: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

(Exactly the same thing happened in One when I saw them in Manchester in 2001 but there's no footage of that.)

Was that the night the gig just ended suddenly with one messed up and people were unsure what was happening and they never returned?

I was there that night....was a very weird end - plug was pulled with no explanation two songs earlier than previous night - felt a bit shabby that.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 01:02:08 PM by an tha »

Offline very good

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2015, 02:38:40 PM »

Was that the night the gig just ended suddenly with one messed up and people were unsure what was happening and they never returned?

I was there that night....was a very weird end - plug was pulled with no explanation two songs earlier than previous night - felt a bit shabby that.

Yes it was. Very painful ending to the gig and bono was in a bad mood most of the night (coinciding as it did with his father taking a turn for the worse - he died 9 days later). He played random notes at the end of the sweetest thing on the piano, was verbally (and at one point almost physically) aggressive towards the crew. One was a mess because Bono stopped singing for an age which meant the sequencers were out. The didn't come back out for walk on but played my way on the pa for what seemed like an age before the house lights came on. I saw them 4 times in these couple of weeks and this night was quite out of character. Manchester 1 and Slane 1 in particular were immense. I actually rate the elevation tour as not far behind zoo tv and popmart and a long way ahead of anything else since.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2015, 02:52:42 PM »

Yes it was. Very painful ending to the gig and bono was in a bad mood most of the night (coinciding as it did with his father taking a turn for the worse - he died 9 days later). He played random notes at the end of the sweetest thing on the piano, was verbally (and at one point almost physically) aggressive towards the crew. One was a mess because Bono stopped singing for an age which meant the sequencers were out. The didn't come back out for walk on but played my way on the pa for what seemed like an age before the house lights came on. I saw them 4 times in these couple of weeks and this night was quite out of character. Manchester 1 and Slane 1 in particular were immense. I actually rate the elevation tour as not far behind zoo tv and popmart and a long way ahead of anything else since.

I am as is well documented here no fan of the bands 00's work.....but i will say that that tour saw them in pretty good fettle.

I turned down tickets for the first night in manchester and ended up going to night two! Sods law.