Author Topic: worst performance by Adam  (Read 2103 times)

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
Re: worst performance by Adam
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2015, 04:37:41 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Any version of walk on ever. They always seemed to bugger it up somehow.

That's just the song.

He said in a 360 interview that he does not like playing Walk On because he has to concentrate so hard on the chord changes and he always messes up.

Offline schoo2

• Stateless
  • My sorrows learnt to swim
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2015, 09:38:52 AM »
unknown caller at Barcelona is a bad one for edge.  totally screws the solo.

I not sure how regularly they do a near perfect show. 
beyond subtle errors that only a player or hardened fan would pick up i would guestimate 75% of shows go error free

Offline Mbeede

• Stateless
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2015, 04:34:24 PM »
That performance of Lemon is pretty crappy by all involved. Lemon never translated well live in my opinion.

Offline RathfarnhamU2Fan

• Stateless
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2015, 06:41:55 PM »
That performance of Lemon is pretty crappy by all involved. Lemon never translated well live in my opinion.

I thought the Sydney version of that song was better than the record.It sounds great live but even the song seemed to improve with new vocal parts and a slight change on the chord sequence.

Offline thijst

• Wanderer
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2015, 05:39:19 AM »
Here's a classic one: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

New Year's Day in Amsterdam during the Vertigo Tour. Afterwarsd Bono says that it's the first time in 20 years that he hears Edge play the NYD solo differently, and that every time they ask Edge to change the solo he says "why would I, it's perfect". Edge then talks to him and Bono announces that "it was an accident".

Offline Jswallow

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2015, 07:34:13 AM »
I remember listening to the new years eve show in Dublin 1989 on radio 1 when they totally screwd Love rescue me up. U2 went into the verse & BB Kings band went into the chorus or something like that but it was  bloody awfull !!

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2015, 02:45:12 PM »
They screwed up One pretty bad on the first night of 360 in Barcelona.  It seems Bono got mixed up but basically blamed the rest of the band: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

(Exactly the same thing happened in One when I saw them in Manchester in 2001 but there's no footage of that.)

Was that the night the gig just ended suddenly with one messed up and people were unsure what was happening and they never returned?

I was there that night....was a very weird end - plug was pulled with no explanation two songs earlier than previous night - felt a bit shabby that.

they did the same thing at a gig in NYC on 11/22/2005, Madison Square Garden.  Terrible ending, just walked off, lights up, 2 songs early.