Author Topic: I+e Tour - LONDON Night 1 - O2 Arena  (Read 5696 times)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
Re: I+e Tour - LONDON Night 1 - O2 Arena
« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2015, 01:40:34 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just watched the Martian at the O2 saw a bunch of U2 fans in tents outside the arena. Crazy as its raining like crazy and windy as hell. Must have been at least 30 odd fans

I thought you was not allowed to queue up till 9am tomorrow morning?

I know it is each to their own and all that but why do they do it?

Makes no sense to me.

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2015, 01:41:51 PM »
Just watched the Martian at the O2 saw a bunch of U2 fans in tents outside the arena. Crazy as its raining like crazy and windy as hell. Must have been at least 30 odd fans

Wonder why they haven't been moved on?

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2015, 01:43:48 PM »

Idiots. They will realise their foolishness once they get into the arena and realise they could've just rocked up midday tomorrow.

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2015, 01:46:56 PM »

Idiots. They will realise their foolishness once they get into the arena and realise they could've just rocked up midday tomorrow.

9am will be the earliest for me.Jesus, I saw the Foos at Manchester & Milton Keynes a few weeks ago,queued from 8am and was at the front.Thats with 50,000 plus people attending.

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2015, 01:56:10 PM »

9am will be the earliest for me.Jesus, I saw the Foos at Manchester & Milton Keynes a few weeks ago,queued from 8am and was at the front.Thats with 50,000 plus people attending.
I shall queue from about 2pm on Thursday, should be enough for 2nd row on the e stage.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2015, 02:00:09 PM »

I shall queue from about 2pm on Thursday, should be enough for 2nd row on the e stage.

I think at 2pm you could probably get a rail place but it's unlikely that would be by the E stage.  As Rob said yesterday, everywhere in the standing area should be good - he left the rail and stood back so he could enjoy the sound and atmosphere more.

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2015, 02:09:53 PM »

I think at 2pm you could probably get a rail place but it's unlikely that would be by the E stage.  As Rob said yesterday, everywhere in the standing area should be good - he left the rail and stood back so he could enjoy the sound and atmosphere more.

I won't be able to see anything 2nd row being 5ft 2inches so it has to be front row rail for me.

Offline themaster

• Babyface
« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2015, 02:10:15 PM »

I know it is each to their own and all that but why do they do it?

Makes no sense to me.

Gonna be a long night - extra hour due to clock change!!!

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #128 on: October 24, 2015, 02:18:16 PM »

I won't be able to see anything 2nd row being 5ft 2inches so it has to be front row rail for me.

Nice people at London gigs tend to let shorter women who can't see anything stand in front of them - at least I do and I've seen others do it too.  Not sure what this particular crowd will be like, however.

I wouldn't get hung up about being close to the band as watching the footage on youtube this show seems very theatrical rather than interactive.  I know the stage cuts right across the arena but I don't sense a great deal of personal interaction with the crowd except when they drag someone up to use the mobile phone or play guitar. 

Offline kango

• Desert Rose
  • I know I'm not a hopeless case.
« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2015, 05:28:07 PM »
I wish everyone the best of nights. I will stay away from all the analysis until Monday night is done with so I can go with only vague expectations. Hope the lads make it memorable whatever the playlist and however high the bar has been raised on previous tours.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2015, 08:03:24 PM »

So where does the queue for the 9am queue start, and can we get from the front of it to the queue entry before someone who just arrives at 9am joins it?

This post is in jest, yes?

Either way its spectacular... I don't get all this queuing sh** ... Im aiming to be the last man to enter the arena ... Pub first ... Let's get pi**ed!!!

yes either way it will be brilliant. personally, i was spoiled at popmart in sydney and had the perfect rail spot - and i can say it makes a massive difference. But then - it will be great  rail or no rail...
Damn good show to have scored rail for.

Was that because you had rail tickets, moved around a bit, or had the dodgy wiretag system going? (personally, option 2 then option 3)