Author Topic: Panicking about ID and cards for floor admission?  (Read 4815 times)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
Panicking about ID and cards for floor admission?
« on: October 23, 2015, 11:38:19 AM »
Seen a lot of people asking about this .....for example "My wifes card was used but she isn't going, does she need to be there to let me in etc..."

This from zootopia may settle some nerves and makes sense to me.

Q:  If I bought some tickets for family on my credit card, but I'm not going to the show, do I need to be there to show my ID and let them in, or can I just give my family members my credit card so they can enter the arena?
A:  In my discussions with some venue security, they are too busy scanning tickets, with an urgency to get the queue in quickly and safely.  Checking IDs is time consuming and therefore not done.  With this said, it's possible to lend your credit card to friends or family if it was purchased on that card, so you don't have to be at the venue with them.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Logins-guide-to-u2s-general-admission/

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 11:39:56 AM by an tha »

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
Re: Panicking about ID and cards for floor admission?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 12:42:21 PM »
That was very kind of you to post that, an tha.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 03:27:39 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That was very kind of you to post that, an tha.

Well it isn't gospel of course but hopefully it helps.

I searched for it because i have seen a few posts asking about this - but there hasn't been any answers really...

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 03:36:05 PM »
Hopefully it'll be okay as my photo ID just expired so I hope they'll overlook that.  At Kate Bush at Hammersmith valid photo ID was really important and people who had bought tickets for other family members had to come down to the gig and present their ID to get the other family member(s) in, but that was a theatre set up with relatively few people attending, not a huge arena with 20,000 people bearing down on it.

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 12:13:10 PM »
A family member bought my GA for the 29th but I used my own account to purchase the ticket, and I will be taking said credit card with me so I should be fine. I doubt they won't let me in since I share the same surname as my family member and if they are that bothered they can ring them up themselves.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 12:27:54 PM »
A family member bought my GA for the 29th but I used my own account to purchase the ticket, and I will be taking said credit card with me so I should be fine. I doubt they won't let me in since I share the same surname as my family member and if they are that bothered they can ring them up themselves.

I imagine you'll be fine.  I really can't see them having a problem given it's the same surname unless it's a really common surname.  Let us know how you get on.

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 12:33:56 PM »

I imagine you'll be fine.  I really can't see them having a problem given it's the same surname unless it's a really common surname.  Let us know how you get on.
Will do. Looking forward to seeing if they check ID tomorrow and Monday as well though. My mother purchased the tickets, and I shall take her credit used to buy the ticket, her passport, my passport, and the email confirmation.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 12:42:47 PM »

Will do. Looking forward to seeing if they check ID tomorrow and Monday as well though. My mother purchased the tickets, and I shall take her credit used to buy the ticket, her passport, my passport, and the email confirmation.

That's got to be fine.  My mother got into Wimbledon on a ticket I bought her - she took all the same information you took (both her and my passport, the card I used, etc.).  Security applauded her on being so thorough!

I think tomorrow should be good as it's the first gig in over a week.  Have a great time - wish I was going too!

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 01:29:25 PM »

That's got to be fine.  My mother got into Wimbledon on a ticket I bought her - she took all the same information you took (both her and my passport, the card I used, etc.).  Security applauded her on being so thorough!

I think tomorrow should be good as it's the first gig in over a week.  Have a great time - wish I was going too!
I thought you were going to a couple? I'm doing 3 and 4.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 01:35:29 PM »

I am going to a couple - but alas not tomorrow.  Actually I'll be going to 3 gigs if I don't sell my seats by Thursday.  If I had a choice tomorrow would be the one I'd like to go to as it's a weekend, and thus less stressful.  I also think the band will be in great form given they've had a week to prepare.  Make sure you enjoy it  :)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2015, 01:41:47 PM »

I am going to a couple - but alas not tomorrow.  Actually I'll be going to 3 gigs if I don't sell my seats by Thursday.  If I had a choice tomorrow would be the one I'd like to go to as it's a weekend, and thus less stressful.  I also think the band will be in great form given they've had a week to prepare.  Make sure you enjoy it  :)

Have you got some seats to sell?

You haven't mentioned it  :)

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2015, 01:45:53 PM »

I certainly will: my first ever U2 shows and my first time standing at a gig! Am in Berlin at the moment but I will try and follow the first 2 shows.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2015, 01:46:34 PM »

Have you got some seats to sell?

You haven't mentioned it  :)

I'm sure they're gonna play Elevation and Sweetest Thing tomorrow night and then you'll be begging me to sell them to you  :P

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2015, 01:51:23 PM »

I certainly will: my first ever U2 shows and my first time standing at a gig! Am in Berlin at the moment but I will try and follow the first 2 shows.

Are you flying in tomorrow morning?  I'm sure you'll love it seeing U2 live for the first time!  I would tell you how great it is standing rather than being in a comfortable seat but then nobody would buy my seats for Thursday... except an tha when he gets the tip off they're going to be doing Elevation that night.  Make sure he doesn't lecture you about how Liverpool fans are all glory hunters should you bump into him in the pub beforehand.

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2015, 01:55:01 PM »

Are you flying in tomorrow morning?  I'm sure you'll love it seeing U2 live for the first time!  I would tell you how great it is standing rather than being in a comfortable seat but then nobody would buy my seats for Thursday... except an tha when he gets the tip off they're going to be doing Elevation that night.  Make sure he doesn't lecture you about how Liverpool fans are all glory hunters should you bump into him in the pub beforehand.
No, I am Berlin until Tuesday: I am seeing U2 standing on Thursday and seated on Friday. I sadly won't see an tha in the pub as I will be camping at the O2 as soon as I get off the plane with 48 hours till the concert, which I'm sure an tha would agree with...