Author Topic: Panicking about ID and cards for floor admission?  (Read 4816 times)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
Re: Panicking about ID and cards for floor admission?
« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2015, 07:56:52 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm in the line now, about 150 fans in front of me. Got here at about 1:30. Decided I will just take a chance with the whole ID thing, doubt they'll refuse entry.

I admire your dedication....

Personally i would go the pub now rather than stand in a queue for 4 and a half hours though....

Nucky T

« Reply #121 on: October 29, 2015, 07:59:39 AM »
I'm in the line now, about 150 fans in front of me. Got here at about 1:30. Decided I will just take a chance with the whole ID thing, doubt they'll refuse entry.

You see that's what happens when you show up late. let that be a lesson to you

Offline TourDeFrance

• Babyface
« Reply #122 on: October 29, 2015, 08:02:27 AM »

Personally i would go the pub now rather than stand in a queue for 4 and a half hours though....

I live 20 mins away by tube so no rush to leave,  i'll get in line for 3:30 - 4pm

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2015, 08:05:37 AM »

I live 20 mins away by tube so no rush to leave,  i'll get in line for 3:30 - 4pm

I will be going from work - which is about 20 odd mins away on the tube.

I won't leave work until 6 and upon arriving at North Greenwich station I will be heading to the pub.

Will enter the arena sometime after 8

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #124 on: October 29, 2015, 08:09:09 AM »

I won't leave work until 6 and upon arriving at North Greenwich station I will be heading to the pub.

Will be after 8 on the nights I attend too, not least as they're working nights and I don't want my companion let alone myself to have to queue.  Rob has convinced me we'll have a better time hanging back rather than getting trapped in a place near the rail with everyone snapping away on their phones.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2015, 08:13:07 AM »

Will be after 8 on the nights I attend too, not least as they're working nights and I don't want my companion let alone myself to have to queue.  Rob has convinced me we'll have a better time hanging back rather than getting trapped in a place near the rail with everyone snapping away on their phones.

I make Rob right as well.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #126 on: October 29, 2015, 08:16:55 AM »

Do let us know after tonight what it's like standing where Rob recommends.  Also find out if they frisk you for drinks, etc. when you walk in as I always like to bring my own stuff rather than queue up at the bar.  I hope it doesn't take 20 minutes to get in like it did for MSP a few years back...

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #127 on: October 29, 2015, 08:24:00 AM »

Do let us know after tonight what it's like standing where Rob recommends.  Also find out if they frisk you for drinks, etc. when you walk in as I always like to bring my own stuff rather than queue up at the bar.  I hope it doesn't take 20 minutes to get in like it did for MSP a few years back...

Anything else? A lock of Bono's hair, maybe?

The fire evacuation procedure in PDF form?

:) No probs.....i'll give you the lowdown!

Offline shesarainbow

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • With a guitar ... on fire.
« Reply #128 on: October 29, 2015, 08:59:57 AM »

Sure you'll be absolutely fine getting in & you should get your pick of where you want to stand.

Enjoy! You'll have an amazing time!  8)

Offline Quack

• Wanderer
« Reply #129 on: October 29, 2015, 11:02:06 AM »
Anyone else think UnknownCaller98 is going to look so stressed and nervous about this whole thing that she/he will be the only one singled out for this check?

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #130 on: October 29, 2015, 11:04:34 AM »

Anything else? A lock of Bono's hair, maybe?

The fire evacuation procedure in PDF form?

:) No probs.....i'll give you the lowdown!

You can put the lock of Bono's hair towards your next wig.  Any and all other information you can garner will be appreciated  :) 

Offline TourDeFrance

• Babyface
« Reply #131 on: October 29, 2015, 06:22:31 PM »
Got in, turned up about 4;30 got 2nd row on the south side.

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2015, 04:36:53 AM »
Anyone else think UnknownCaller98 is going to look so stressed and nervous about this whole thing that she/he will be the only one singled out for this check?
Haha... no ID check as it turns out. Didn't even look at the card, just swiped it and gave me a wristband.