Author Topic: Panicking about ID and cards for floor admission?  (Read 4819 times)

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
Re: Panicking about ID and cards for floor admission?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2015, 01:57:33 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
A family member bought my GA for the 29th but I used my own account to purchase the ticket, and I will be taking said credit card with me so I should be fine. I doubt they won't let me in since I share the same surname as my family member and if they are that bothered they can ring them up themselves.

I imagine you'll be fine.  I really can't see them having a problem given it's the same surname unless it's a really common surname.  Let us know how you get on.
Will do. Looking forward to seeing if they check ID tomorrow and Monday as well though. My mother purchased the tickets, and I shall take her credit used to buy the ticket, her passport, my passport, and the email confirmation.

That's got to be fine.  My mother got into Wimbledon on a ticket I bought her - she took all the same information you took (both her and my passport, the card I used, etc.).  Security applauded her on being so thorough!

I think tomorrow should be good as it's the first gig in over a week.  Have a great time - wish I was going too!
I thought you were going to a couple? I'm doing 3 and 4.

I am going to a couple - but alas not tomorrow.  Actually I'll be going to 3 gigs if I don't sell my seats by Thursday.  If I had a choice tomorrow would be the one I'd like to go to as it's a weekend, and thus less stressful.  I also think the band will be in great form given they've had a week to prepare.  Make sure you enjoy it  :)
I certainly will: my first ever U2 shows and my first time standing at a gig! Am in Berlin at the moment but I will try and follow the first 2 shows.

Are you flying in tomorrow morning?  I'm sure you'll love it seeing U2 live for the first time!  I would tell you how great it is standing rather than being in a comfortable seat but then nobody would buy my seats for Thursday... except an tha when he gets the tip off they're going to be doing Elevation that night.  Make sure he doesn't lecture you about how Liverpool fans are all glory hunters should you bump into him in the pub beforehand.
No, I am Berlin until Tuesday: I am seeing U2 standing on Thursday and seated on Friday. I sadly won't see an tha in the pub as I will be camping at the O2 as soon as I get off the plane with 48 hours till the concert, which I'm sure an tha would agree with...

Ah I must've got you mixed up with someone else as I thought you were going tomorrow night.  Thursday better be brilliant as it looks like I might be there!  Hoping they do The Troubles but it's unlikely - can't understand why they haven't played it yet in Europe.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2015, 02:01:23 PM »
A family member bought my GA for the 29th but I used my own account to purchase the ticket, and I will be taking said credit card with me so I should be fine. I doubt they won't let me in since I share the same surname as my family member and if they are that bothered they can ring them up themselves.

I imagine you'll be fine.  I really can't see them having a problem given it's the same surname unless it's a really common surname.  Let us know how you get on.
Will do. Looking forward to seeing if they check ID tomorrow and Monday as well though. My mother purchased the tickets, and I shall take her credit used to buy the ticket, her passport, my passport, and the email confirmation.

That's got to be fine.  My mother got into Wimbledon on a ticket I bought her - she took all the same information you took (both her and my passport, the card I used, etc.).  Security applauded her on being so thorough!

I think tomorrow should be good as it's the first gig in over a week.  Have a great time - wish I was going too!

I am going to a couple - but alas not tomorrow.  Actually I'll be going to 3 gigs if I don't sell my seats by Thursday.  If I had a choice tomorrow would be the one I'd like to go to as it's a weekend, and thus less stressful.  I also think the band will be in great form given they've had a week to prepare.  Make sure you enjoy it  :)
I certainly will: my first ever U2 shows and my first time standing at a gig! Am in Berlin at the moment but I will try and follow the first 2 shows.

Are you flying in tomorrow morning?  I'm sure you'll love it seeing U2 live for the first time!  I would tell you how great it is standing rather than being in a comfortable seat but then nobody would buy my seats for Thursday... except an tha when he gets the tip off they're going to be doing Elevation that night.  Make sure he doesn't lecture you about how Liverpool fans are all glory hunters should you bump into him in the pub beforehand.
No, I am Berlin until Tuesday: I am seeing U2 standing on Thursday and seated on Friday. I sadly won't see an tha in the pub as I will be camping at the O2 as soon as I get off the plane with 48 hours till the concert, which I'm sure an tha would agree with...

I have just allocated you number 2 in the queue....i am number 1 and started the queue in July.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2015, 02:04:03 PM »

Have you got some seats to sell?

You haven't mentioned it  :)

I'm sure they're gonna play Elevation and Sweetest Thing tomorrow night and then you'll be begging me to sell them to you  :P

I have standing for thursday.

I am taking my 'pleeeeeeeeease play elevation' 8 foot by 6 foot sign.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2015, 02:07:39 PM »

I'm sure they're gonna play Elevation and Sweetest Thing tomorrow night and then you'll be begging me to sell them to you  :P

You only got standing for Thursday to spite me as I try and sell my seats  :P  Seriously, I thought you were going Sunday and Monday?

Anyone here going to more than 2 gigs?  I think I may hold the record for London if I go to 3.  My bank manager won't be happy, alas.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2015, 02:11:03 PM »

You only got standing for Thursday to spite me as I try and sell my seats  :P  Seriously, I thought you were going Sunday and Monday?

Anyone here going to more than 2 gigs?  I think I may hold the record for London if I go to 3.  My bank manager won't be happy, alas.

No, no. I have Sunday in the cheap seats 30...obviously gonna be obstructed view but a trip to customer services will see me nicely upgraded - especially as the ticket does not say restricted or obstructed view. So a nice move into a production hold seat will be in order.

Standing on Thursday.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2015, 02:14:08 PM »

No, no. I have Sunday in the cheap seats 30...obviously gonna be obstructed view but a trip to customer services will see me nicely upgraded - especially as the ticket does not say restricted or obstructed view. So a nice move into a production hold seat will be in order.

Standing on Thursday.

That should work re. the seat given there seem to be loads of empty ones they're still trying to sell.  Either that or they'll chuck you out for being a contrary scouser  :)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2015, 02:18:20 PM »

Standing on Thursday.

That should work re. the seat given there seem to be loads of empty ones they're still trying to sell.  Either that or they'll chuck you out for being a contrary scouser  :)

Tomorrow i have travelled thousands of miles to see u2 and my seat is bad...i do a mean Russian accent!   :)

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2015, 12:36:11 AM »

I have just allocated you number 2 in the queue....i am number 1 and started the queue in July.
Thanks, I have 112 friends coming with me so can you put them down straight after me? They will turn up just before the doors open so if you can save their spaces that would be great.

Offline TourDeFrance

• Babyface
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2015, 06:29:13 AM »
I've just booked a London ticketless GA for London on Thursday but not on my card, I take the card the ticket was booked on I should be good to enter?

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2015, 06:46:27 AM »

Thanks, I have 112 friends coming with me so can you put them down straight after me? They will turn up just before the doors open so if you can save their spaces that would be great.

Done.

Don't worry about rocking up until doors open and then just come to the head of the queue.

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2015, 08:19:57 AM »
Any updates yet from the O2 about this?

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2015, 08:38:38 AM »
Any updates yet from the O2 about this?

Would expect there to be a pretty definitive word on it all after tonight.

People will be able to comment on situation.

Offline Jswallow

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2015, 08:39:54 AM »
Doors open at 6.30 dont they ?

Offline TourDeFrance

• Babyface
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2015, 08:44:13 AM »
Hopefully we find out about the GA situation tonight. I really hope I get in on Thursday  :-[

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2015, 08:55:00 AM »
Hopefully we find out about the GA situation tonight. I really hope I get in on Thursday  :-[
In the same situation as you, as are many others. As long as you have the credit card used to purchase the ticket, I can't see that there will be a problem.