Author Topic: Panicking about ID and cards for floor admission?  (Read 4818 times)

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: Panicking about ID and cards for floor admission?
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2015, 08:19:29 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just for tomorrow, could anyone tell me what entrance it is for general admission? Would be appriciated! Thanks

I would like to know as well, i have heard F, H, B so god knows.

Just one entrance for main GA ... entrance F.

Thanks! And then processed in the pens? Were the merch stalls still open after the show?

Offline shesarainbow

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • With a guitar ... on fire.
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2015, 08:33:22 AM »
Just for tomorrow, could anyone tell me what entrance it is for general admission? Would be appriciated! Thanks

I would like to know as well, i have heard F, H, B so god knows.

Just one entrance for main GA ... entrance F.

Thanks! And then processed in the pens? Were the merch stalls still open after the show?

Yeah, it was certainly an interesting system of processing us ... a bit like herding sheep into a sheep dip!! ???

Sorry, can't be sure about the merch stalls to be honest. But I think it's more than likely they were open after the show.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2015, 11:33:17 AM »
Don't know details of what you might need to show at box office to do this, but this tweet might interest some of you.

@harrykantas: You can have your ticket printed for tonight at the box office now, after yesterday's issues.
Thanks to @alonlo for the tip!
#U2ieLondon

More info:

@harrykantas: update on this, the box office will now print tickets only for people with credit cards that had issues last night.
#U2ieLondon @U2Community

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2015, 11:38:38 AM »
Don't know details of what you might need to show at box office to do this, but this tweet might interest some of you.

@harrykantas: You can have your ticket printed for tonight at the box office now, after yesterday's issues.
Thanks to @alonlo for the tip!
#U2ieLondon

More info:

@harrykantas: update on this, the box office will now print tickets only for people with credit cards that had issues last night.
#U2ieLondon @U2Community

I tweeted the o2 about this they said box office is for people who don't have the card used to purchase tix.

Offline bass slap

• Running to Stand Still
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2015, 12:57:53 PM »
I was one of the people still outside when the show began, at least a 1000 people behind me, I did not show id. They just put my credit card throw the scanner. Epic show, walked in half way through first song, goodness knows how much some people must of missed...Up to 4-5 songs I would say...
What time did you turn up at the 02? Just trying to gauge a good time to arrive, so that there's not too much waiting around but more importantly no risk of missing any of the show..

Offline Pammy

• Stateless
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2015, 12:12:51 PM »
I turned up around 630pm on the first and 2nd nights and got great places. In the end I went further back so could see the whole show. Could have got 2nd row on the rail but then you can`t see the screen and have difficulty seeing the 2 main stages. Side back rail is the place to be. Infact I ended up about 2 feet from Noel Gallagher last night!

Offline Dono

• Refugee
  • If I could, I would.....
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2015, 01:02:13 PM »
Both merch stores were open when we came out on Sunday. Massive queus at internal one but hardly any at external. Watch out for the rip off 1.5 bar charge to pay with anything other than hard UK currency. Still charging 25 bar for official tour t-shirts that don't have Dublin or Belfast on the back.

Offline TourDeFrance

• Babyface
« Reply #82 on: October 28, 2015, 07:13:04 AM »
Back to the topic in hand: did they check ID or not?

+1

Need more information please people  :)

What do you think the best plan is for tomorrow? Just queue up and hope for the best?

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2015, 07:19:28 AM »

+1

What do you think the best plan is for tomorrow? Just queue up and hope for the best?
Here is a list of the things I am taking to ensure entry:
Email confirmation of purchase
AXS app on my phone to prove I purchased it on my account
My mother's credit card used to buy the ticket
My mother's passport
My passport
A written note from my mother giving me permission to use her card, and with a signature that matches that on the passport

I will arrive in the queue at about 2pm and will hope I get in. Might ask at the box office to ensure I will get in actually.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2015, 07:32:14 AM »

+1

My mother's passport
My passport
A written note from my mother giving me permission to use her card, and with a signature that matches that on the passport

I will arrive in the queue at about 2pm and will hope I get in. Might ask at the box office to ensure I will get in actually.

I haven't heard of anyone being turned away yet.  The scheme is designed to deter touts, and/or to save money on having to produce and send out paper tickets.   There must be plenty of especially younger fans who had tickets bought for them by their parents, and I don't think the o2 are going to be interested in weeding out those who don't have exactly the right information.  Can anyone confirm if the venue check photo ID or just scan the card the purchase was made on?

Have you tried calling the venue to ask them if it's okay to go on your mother's card?  Getting an answer would put your mind at rest.  I am sure you'll be fine, unknowncaller.

Offline shesarainbow

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2015, 07:38:03 AM »

+1

My mother's passport
My passport

You may as well arrive a bit earlier & go to the box office anyway. When I walked past there on Sunday it looked very quiet. I believe they can issue you with a paper ticket if there's any possibility you might have trouble getting in. Or they will just be able to assure you that you won't have a problem.

It's worth a try, save you spending all that time in the queue worrying! And it would be a total nightmare to be stopped from entering at the gate. They'd probably sort it out eventually but you'd lose the advantage of your early place in the queue.

All the best. I'm sure it will all work out fine in the end. :D

Offline shesarainbow

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2015, 07:49:40 AM »

+1

My mother's passport
My passport

I haven't heard of anyone being turned away yet.  The scheme is designed to deter touts, and/or to save money on having to produce and send out paper tickets.   There must be plenty of especially younger fans who had tickets bought for them by their parents, and I don't think the o2 are going to be interested in weeding out those who don't have exactly the right information. Can anyone confirm if the venue check photo ID or just scan the card the purchase was made on?

Have you tried calling the venue to ask them if it's okay to go on your mother's card?  Getting an answer would put your mind at rest.  I am sure you'll be fine, unknowncaller.

They didn't check my ID on Sunday night, just scanned the card. Didn't see them check ID for those in front of me either.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2015, 07:50:10 AM »
Don't panic.

If you have the card that the tickets were purchased with you will be fine.

No need for DNA test results etc!

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2015, 07:57:51 AM »
I will post updates tomorrow once I am in the queue. Will definetely ask at the box office first though so I can queue in peace. If the worst comes to the worst I'll have to get my mother to come to the O2 and scan me in: it's only a short train journey away.

F*ck AXS for forcing us to go to such lengths to get into a damn concert and causing thousands of fans to worry they won't get in. Getting into 10 Downing Street would be easier!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 08:00:07 AM by UnknownCaller98 »

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2015, 07:59:05 AM »
I will post updates tomorrow once I am in the queue. Will definetely ask at the box office first though so I can queue in peace. If the worst comes to the worst I'll have to get my mother to come to the O2 and scan me in: it's only a short train journey away.

F*ck AXS for forcing us to go to such lengths to get into damn concert and causing thousands of fans to worry they won't get in. Getting into 10 Downing Street would be easier!

Why don't you just call the venue and explain the situation?  That way they'll tell you what you need to do rather than worrying until tomorrow.