Author Topic: London Night 4 setlist October 30 *SPOILERS*  (Read 5268 times)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
Re: London Night 4 setlist October 30 *SPOILERS*
« Reply #165 on: November 02, 2015, 06:37:13 AM »
I think the so much room thing whilst definitely true may have been more evident on the north side
...reason being they closed the bars on that side about 8pm and if you wanted a drink you had to go to the south side - the reason i was given was they had to get that side 'sterile' for the show opening as bono would be entering from down there....

I think they did this too early as one of the people there said to me 'we have been told it is starting in a moment'.... this was at 8 - i said to him, 'it won't be until 830, pal' The bar staff were standing doing nothing whilst the south side was mobbed including the smaller mobile bars...

I get the feeling people once queueing over the south side decided to stay or were not let back across - creating additional room on the north side (even though it is roomy anyway) I went south side the previous night and it was roomy but not as roomy as it was on the north side on Friday.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #166 on: November 02, 2015, 06:51:29 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think the so much room thing whilst definitely true may have been more evident on the north side
...reason being they closed the bars on that side about 8pm and if you wanted a drink you had to go to the south side - the reason i was given was they had to get that side 'sterile' for the show opening as bono would be entering from down there....

I think they did this too early as one of the people there said to me 'we have been told it is starting in a moment'.... this was at 8 - i said to him, 'it won't be until 830, pal' The bar staff were standing doing nothing whilst the south side was mobbed including the smaller mobile bars...

I get the feeling people once queueing over the south side decided to stay or were not let back across - creating additional room on the north side (even though it is roomy anyway) I went south side the previous night and it was roomy but not as roomy as it was on the north side on Friday.

I went South Side because I prefer watching the Edge to Adam.  Also the people I met outside wanted to go there, so to be sociable I went where they wanted to go.  The French guys had been to about 10 shows each on this tour, and seemed to know where best to watch the show from.  Will be getting there much later tonight (8ish) but hope I won't be too late to get a spot in front of the red zone on the South Side.

Offline kos4u2

• Staring at the Sun
  • Ain't love the sweetest thing
« Reply #167 on: November 02, 2015, 08:52:24 AM »
Do we really need this thread with every song posted as it happens,the set list is  only beneficial to the people at the gig ,all this live reports is really ruining the surprise for anyone going to a show, it's one of the worst sides of the social media revolution everyone's a journalist and trivial facts  are headlines .

Do we really need this thread with every song posted as it happens,the set list is  only beneficial to the people at the gig ,all this live reports is really ruining the surprise for anyone going to a show, it's one of the worst sides of the social media revolution everyone's a journalist and trivial facts  are headlines .

Says spoilers in title and it is easy enough to not read the thread, isn't it?

The title also mentions *Setlist*

Between 24-34 people are keeping track of the thread during the show.

I do it for the people that are unable to listen to the show, but can do a quick sneak in the forum.
The song in the thread is pure for the time they started, first thread for final check.
So I like to do it, and there are apparently people wanting it.

I remember this conversation back in 2005 too, there is need.

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #168 on: November 02, 2015, 09:46:18 AM »

Says spoilers in title and it is easy enough to not read the thread, isn't it?

The title also mentions *Setlist*

Between 24-34 people are keeping track of the thread during the show.

I do it for the people that are unable to listen to the show, but can do a quick sneak in the forum.
The song in the thread is pure for the time they started, first thread for final check.
So I like to do it, and there are apparently people wanting it.

I remember this conversation back in 2005 too, there is need.

I attended this show, not attending any others but enjoy following what differences there are each night. It's clear in the title about spoilers & if someone doesn't feel it's beneficial why bother complaining about it? Just don't bother reading or replying in that thread....