Author Topic: London Night 4 setlist October 30 *SPOILERS*  (Read 5320 times)

Offline WelshGirl

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: London Night 4 setlist October 30 *SPOILERS*
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2015, 06:37:03 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Oh by the way tonight absolutely cemented for me the opinion that queueing for a rail spot is actually a worse spot than just strolling in at 745....

Couldn't agree more. I loved my place in front of Red Zone and texted a friend at 7.50 to say I could have arrived then and still got a great spot in the same area.

North or south?....i stood about 5 yards from red  zone north side pretty much all gig - when it thinned out at the interval i could have literally stood against it if i wanted to
North, I was between rz and catwalk, one row in  front of the people leaning on the rz barrier. I was amazed at how much space there was around me - other gigs I've done standing at I've often felt quite hemmed in.

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2015, 06:43:23 PM »
Agree. Rail isn't the place to be!

Offline Dono

• Refugee
  • If I could, I would.....
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2015, 06:47:08 PM »
Am I missing my chance to meet the famous Fr Jack?

It is gone, sadly.

Fear not - they do say you should never meet your heroes!  ;)

Fair point. Aprilshack loses her set list and I miss my chance to meet the King of @U2.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2015, 06:49:30 PM »
Oh by the way tonight absolutely cemented for me the opinion that queueing for a rail spot is actually a worse spot than just strolling in at 745....

Couldn't agree more. I loved my place in front of Red Zone and texted a friend at 7.50 to say I could have arrived then and still got a great spot in the same area.

North or south?....i stood about 5 yards from red  zone north side pretty much all gig - when it thinned out at the interval i could have literally stood against it if i wanted to
North, I was between rz and catwalk, one row in  front of the people leaning on the rz barrier. I was amazed at how much space there was around me - other gigs I've done standing at I've often felt quite hemmed in.

Ha....must have been standing almost right next to you....you weren't wearing glasses with shortish brown hair pumps and earphones were you?

I was the tallish fella, balding shaved hair with a hooped jumper on and a bit (ever growing) of a beer belly!

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2015, 06:52:00 PM »
Am I missing my chance to meet the famous Fr Jack?

It is gone, sadly.

Fear not - they do say you should never meet your heroes!  ;)

Fair point. Aprilshack loses her set list and I miss my chance to meet the King of @U2.

Hahah....think a good few will have another word or two for me!

It is so hard to try and meet up..probably should have made more of an effort to co-ordinate something sort of 'official' but everybody is doing there own thing and hard to do.

Offline Dono

• Refugee
  • If I could, I would.....
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2015, 06:54:56 PM »
So is that your final answer An Tha? That's it, you and I don't meet till the next tour? In that All Bar One now as the Meantime Breerey closed at midnight.

Offline WelshGirl

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2015, 06:58:20 PM »

Ha....must have been standing almost right next to you....you weren't wearing glasses with shortish brown hair pumps and earphones were you?

I was the tallish fella, balding shaved hair with a hooped jumper on and a bit (ever growing) of a beer belly!
I have shortish brown hair and glasses, was wearing converses,  and not headphones but earplugs. I suspect that was indeed me! Was your hooped jumper blue?

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2015, 07:00:06 PM »
You all missed your chance of meeting me too.  I bit the bullet and decided to get a last minute ticket about 3.30pm.  Met some lovely people standing around me and had a great time but my ears are ringing.  Should've done the earplug thing.

I hope flare, aprilshack, shesarainbow, dono, welshgirl and father jack had similarly good times.  Can't believe father jack turned down the opportunity to get acquainted with welshgirl... he certainly does not live up to his craggy island alter ego.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2015, 07:00:19 PM »
So is that your final answer An Tha? That's it, you and I don't meet till the next tour? In that All Bar One now as the Meantime Breerey closed at midnight.

Sadly i am home now....if only you had said earlier i would have loved to have joined you.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2015, 07:04:28 PM »

I have shortish brown hair and glasses, was wearing converses,  and not headphones but earplugs. I suspect that was indeed me! Was your hooped jumper blue?

I think it was - you....you had on a zippped hoody/tracky top type thing...

I literally stood at times 2-3 yards from you...but moved in a few yards as gig went on.

Jumper not blue, green and grey hoops - could look blue in light on there.

Trainers were blue with yellow stripes if you looked at anybodys feet!

Small world!

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2015, 07:06:19 PM »
You all missed your chance of meeting me too.  I bit the bullet and decided to get a last minute ticket about 3.30pm.  Met some lovely people standing around me and had a great time but my ears are ringing.  Should've done the earplug thing.

I hope flare, aprilshack, shesarainbow, dono, welshgirl and father jack had similarly good times.  Can't believe father jack turned down the opportunity to get acquainted with welshgirl... he certainly does not live up to his craggy island alter ego.

Ha! You have cheated on me....we are through!

If i would have known who she was at the time i would have been over to bore her stupid... ;)

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2015, 07:08:55 PM »

I literally stood at times 2-3 yards from you...but moved in a few yards as gig went on.

Small world!

It's too late an tha... you missed your chance.  So disappointing for WelshGirl and all the rest of us who wanted to hear if you're as charming in person as you are on here  :P

Whereabouts were you stood?  I spent the evening with a scouser, a cockney and a British woman who had spent 10 years in New Zeland and seen U2 over there.  Top people. 

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2015, 07:11:21 PM »

Small world!

It's too late an tha... you missed your chance.  So disappointing for WelshGirl and all the rest of us who wanted to hear if you're as charming in person as you are on here  :P

Whereabouts were you stood?  I spent the evening with a scouser, a cockney and a British woman who had spent 10 years in New Zeland and seen U2 over there.  Top people.

Glad you had a good night.....my condolences to those people you mention  :)

About 5 yards in from the red zone box (catwalk side) on the north side

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2015, 07:14:01 PM »
I was there again tonight as I was yesterday. Another fantastic show and it's very difficult to separate them in terms of quality, but because of the brilliant setlist, night 3 wins.

Also, who'd have thought that seats behind the stage would be so good? Really close to the band and could still see the screen perfectly too! Good atmosphere there too, especially when Bono came round there.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2015, 07:14:45 PM »

Small world!

Glad you had a good night.....my condolences to those people you mention  :)

About 5 yards in from the red zone box (catwalk side) on the north side

At least I had the decency to talk to the people I was with, I didn't act all grumpy and ignore them like you did with poor old Welshgirl  :P