Author Topic: London Night 4 setlist October 30 *SPOILERS*  (Read 5284 times)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
Re: London Night 4 setlist October 30 *SPOILERS*
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2015, 07:16:29 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Oh by the way tonight absolutely cemented for me the opinion that queueing for a rail spot is actually a worse spot than just strolling in at 745....

Couldn't agree more. I loved my place in front of Red Zone and texted a friend at 7.50 to say I could have arrived then and still got a great spot in the same area.

North or south?....i stood about 5 yards from red  zone north side pretty much all gig - when it thinned out at the interval i could have literally stood against it if i wanted to
North, I was between rz and catwalk, one row in  front of the people leaning on the rz barrier. I was amazed at how much space there was around me - other gigs I've done standing at I've often felt quite hemmed in.

Ha....must have been standing almost right next to you....you weren't wearing glasses with shortish brown hair pumps and earphones were you?

I was the tallish fella, balding shaved hair with a hooped jumper on and a bit (ever growing) of a beer belly!
I have shortish brown hair and glasses, was wearing converses,  and not headphones but earplugs. I suspect that was indeed me! Was your hooped jumper blue?

I think it was - you....you had on a zippped hoody/tracky top type thing...

I literally stood at times 2-3 yards from you...but moved in a few yards as gig went on.

Jumper not blue, green and grey hoops - could look blue in light on there.

Trainers were blue with yellow stripes if you looked at anybodys feet!

Small world!

It's too late an tha... you missed your chance.  So disappointing for WelshGirl and all the rest of us who wanted to hear if you're as charming in person as you are on here  :P

Whereabouts were you stood?  I spent the evening with a scouser, a cockney and a British woman who had spent 10 years in New Zeland and seen U2 over there.  Top people.

Glad you had a good night.....my condolences to those people you mention  :)

About 5 yards in from the red zone box (catwalk side) on the north side

At least I had the decency to talk to the people I was with, I didn't act all grumpy and ignore them like you did with poor old Welshgirl  :P

I am shy, not grumpy!  ;)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2015, 07:17:38 PM »
Time to go to my pit....

Goodnight folks!

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2015, 07:20:38 PM »
Oh by the way tonight absolutely cemented for me the opinion that queueing for a rail spot is actually a worse spot than just strolling in at 745....

Couldn't agree more. I loved my place in front of Red Zone and texted a friend at 7.50 to say I could have arrived then and still got a great spot in the same area.

North or south?....i stood about 5 yards from red  zone north side pretty much all gig - when it thinned out at the interval i could have literally stood against it if i wanted to
North, I was between rz and catwalk, one row in  front of the people leaning on the rz barrier. I was amazed at how much space there was around me - other gigs I've done standing at I've often felt quite hemmed in.

Ha....must have been standing almost right next to you....you weren't wearing glasses with shortish brown hair pumps and earphones were you?

I was the tallish fella, balding shaved hair with a hooped jumper on and a bit (ever growing) of a beer belly!
I have shortish brown hair and glasses, was wearing converses,  and not headphones but earplugs. I suspect that was indeed me! Was your hooped jumper blue?

I literally stood at times 2-3 yards from you...but moved in a few yards as gig went on.

Small world!

It's too late an tha... you missed your chance.  So disappointing for WelshGirl and all the rest of us who wanted to hear if you're as charming in person as you are on here  :P

Whereabouts were you stood?  I spent the evening with a scouser, a cockney and a British woman who had spent 10 years in New Zeland and seen U2 over there.  Top people.

At least I had the decency to talk to the people I was with, I didn't act all grumpy and ignore them like you did with poor old Welshgirl  :P

I am shy, not grumpy!  ;)

Awww, I guess we all are really.  I'm just envious as if I had stood where you were I could've met Welshgirl myself  :(

Are you ears ringing too?  Are you tempted to go to another show?  I think 2 would have been enough for me, but the good thing about tonight is I went alone so I could stand where I wanted, etc. , so it was worth it.  I think I enjoyed the first 4 or 5 songs when they rocked out on the main stage.  Electric Co & I Will Follow was like watching them back in 1984 again - very special.

Offline Jswallow

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2015, 07:33:09 PM »
Time to go to my pit....

Goodnight folks!
Sorry i missed you again i was on the southside & they wouldnt let into Northside cos it too close to the gig starting ,, next time pal !!

Offline Dono

• Refugee
  • If I could, I would.....
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2015, 09:33:35 PM »
Ah well, end of an era, unless some of you are going to Belf or Dub. April, what do I do with your set list?

Offline shesarainbow

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • With a guitar ... on fire.
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2015, 09:34:52 PM »
Just got back to Birmingham at 3:30. Don't know whether it was the M1 closure or all the bouncing I did ... but it seemed like a long drive home tonight.

It's a bloody good job they're worth it! ;)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2015, 12:20:28 AM »
Show 2 for me and I thought it was superb! Honestly being pretty blown away by the whole thing..! And 'Shine like stars' !

Offline WelshGirl

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2015, 02:34:38 AM »

Small world!
Yep, had a zipped hoody on till the end of Electric Co, was definitely me! Ordinarily I don't take much notice of people's footwear, but I was sitting on the floor till People Have The Power started, so I did see yours and were the guy in the blue looking jumper. There was another guy in stripes nearby and I wasn't sure which was you. Small world indeed!

I am obviously devastated that I missed the chance to meet you. ;-)

Offline WelshGirl

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2015, 02:38:52 AM »

Small world!

Haha... I am almost recovered from the distress of being ignored!

Nucky T

« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2015, 02:55:13 AM »
I came, I saw, they conquered.

I was way up in the Gods in Block 407.  I had a great view of the overall show and the screen (which was a revelation to see in person.)  I'd say it was that and they way they incorporated it into the themes of the show which elevates this show above Elevation - which was the last tour I saw U2 on.

My honest highlight of the night was Bullet the Blue Sky.  It was definitely worth bringing it back.

A lot of Bono's lecturing irked me a little but I've long learned to accept it's just the way he is.  Still it was a bit much and very obvious too.  And what's with all that name dropping?  I mean who cares what famous people were there when I was there?  Speaking of famous people, I looked around to see if I recognised any forumers but to no avail.

I'm taking a rest from U2 for the time being or until they release a new album.

Offline andypa1

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2015, 03:15:35 AM »
I was there last night and really enjoyed it on the whole. A couple of songs lacked the energy I expected but others (All I want is you) were incredible. Does anyone record bootlegs of the shows? would really love to have one from last night to listen back to.

Cheers,
Andy

Offline markreed

• Numb
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2015, 03:37:10 AM »
Did anybody notice Bono actually stopped his lecturing at one point near the end of the show, turned to the band and said something like "I've probably said too much, I'll stop now."

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2015, 04:14:48 AM »
Ah well, end of an era, unless some of you are going to Belf or Dub. April, what do I do with your set list?

Sorry I didn't get back to you as I had a change of plans and didn't queue all day! I'll pm you with my address tomorrow.Let me know if you have PayPal so I can pay for postage. :)

Offline markreed

• Numb
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2015, 04:33:44 AM »
Also, first "All I Want Is You" in Europe since 31st July 2005. :)

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2015, 04:44:36 AM »
I was there last night and really enjoyed it on the whole. A couple of songs lacked the energy I expected but others (All I want is you) were incredible. Does anyone record bootlegs of the shows? would really love to have one from last night to listen back to.

Cheers,
Andy

I thought it was an energetic show throughout, and especially the first numbers packed a classic rock 'n' roll punch.  Really did feel like seeing them in the 80s at times - perhaps because it was indoors as well as the choice of songs.  I thought all the band members, including Bono, looked much younger than they come across in photographs.  Maybe performing the songs knocks a few years off them.  You're right about All I Want is You - that seemed very emotional last night.

U2start normally has bootlegs of the shows: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  I am sure one will be there fairly soon.