Author Topic: Advice for any short people with a show coming up...  (Read 712 times)

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
  • The Devil has all the best tunes...
Advice for any short people with a show coming up...
« on: October 31, 2015, 10:02:01 PM »
On this tour you're basically screwed no matter where you stand, as I feared when the stage layout was first revealed. You have a choice between standing at the rail, with some great close-up views for part of the show but seeing absolutely nothing the rest of the time, or standing at the back and struggling uncomfortably to see anything at all, though at least you can just about tell what's going on. Having tried both in London I strongly recommend the former, specifically the e-stage - just be aware that it's far from ideal. Even if you can sort of see the screen, they don't switch it on until the 5th song. You will hear lots of cheering and have no idea what it's for, and you'll feel (correctly) that you are missing a great deal of the production and performances. But at least you'll have a brilliant view some of the time. It is absolutely worth lining up early for this spot. I have seen people recommending a spot at the back against the Red Zone rail, which may be OK if you're tall, but if not, I don't think you'll like it very much.

The show itself is excellent, but I really hope they go back to a design like Vertigo or 360 on the next tour (if there is one)!

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: Advice for any short people with a show coming up...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 03:23:47 AM »
Go for the rail with your back to the Red zone.I am 5ft 2. Saw pratically everything apart from some stuff on the E stage.You do not need to be tall to watch the show from the red zone rail.I love how everyone gets to see the band without having to watch the show on video screens.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 03:27:18 AM »
There's always seats if your mum and dad didn't give you height...

Offline philnmarks

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 09:02:56 AM »
Try not to stand behind anyone that decides the best way to view the show is through the screen on their pissy little iphone and are trying to video it for youtube posterity

Offline STEVIEC66

• Babyface
  • Its only Beatlemania , its bitten the dust ...
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 09:45:43 AM »
Just do what Bono does ..... buy shoes with big heels .... ;D

Waffles

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 10:37:09 AM »
In front of redzone rail is decent. If you get a mid cat walk spot, you should be able to see both i and e estages. Or just stand further back from everyone to give yourself more distance

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 04:45:31 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Go for the rail with your back to the Red zone.I am 5ft 2. Saw pratically everything apart from some stuff on the E stage.You do not need to be tall to watch the show from the red zone rail.I love how everyone gets to see the band without having to watch the show on video screens.

I'm 5 foot and stood with my back to the Red Zone as suggested. I had to really stand on tiptoes to see anything on the stages, so my legs were already hurting by the end of the first song, and my neck was killing me too from looking straight up at the screen. It was OK just to see what I missed from the rail on the previous night, but if I had only been attending one show and I'd chosen to stand there, I would have been gutted at how crap the view was. I had much more fun at the e-stage even though I could only see half the show.

Waffles

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 08:06:55 PM »
Complain to the venue about undisclosed restricted views.

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 08:58:14 PM »

Huh?

Waffles

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 09:49:52 PM »

Huh?

It's a joke for those who got seats behind the stage and complained to get upgraded for free. They weren't told there were bad views when they bought ticketd

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 12:16:49 AM »

I'm 5 foot and stood with my back to the Red Zone as suggested. I had to really stand on tiptoes to see anything on the stages, so my legs were already hurting by the end of the first song, and my neck was killing me too from looking straight up at the screen. It was OK just to see what I missed from the rail on the previous night, but if I had only been attending one show and I'd chosen to stand there, I would have been gutted at how crap the view was. I had much more fun at the e-stage even though I could only see half the show.

Well i am barely taller than you and apart from the neck thing, i had no problems.If i did i would of moved to where the seats & general admission/floor meet.