Poll

What Is U2's Best Tour? (You may vote for 2 tours)

Boy Tour (1980-1981)
0 (0%)
October Tour (1981-1982)
0 (0%)
War Tour (1982-1983)
2 (1.8%)
The Unforgettable Fire Tour (1984-1985)
7 (6.3%)
The Joshua Tree Tour (1987)
9 (8%)
Lovetown (1989-1990)
2 (1.8%)
Zoo TV (1992-1993)
44 (39.3%)
PopMart (1997-1998)
6 (5.4%)
Elevation Tour (2001)
7 (6.3%)
Vertigo Tour (2005-2006)
7 (6.3%)
U2 360 (2009-2011)
4 (3.6%)
iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour (2015 - ?)
24 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: What Is U2's Best Tour?  (Read 2897 times)

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
Re: What Is U2's Best Tour?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 07:48:26 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Surprised Popmart only has 1 vote so far.  Many long-term fans at the shows I went to were recounting how brilliant that tour was.

Guess who that vote belongs to  :)

A band absolutely on fire and at their peak on that tour.

Didn't you say Popmart was your runner up?  :P  To this day I regret only going to one Popmart Show.

Yeah - Zooropa shades it. You were allowed to vote for two so my two votes went to the two 90's tours.

If I knew I could vote twice then Popmart would've been my 2nd vote too.  I think there was a great intensity to the shows in the early 80s that also deserves recognition.

Offline Wolf359

• Babyface
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 01:18:38 PM »
Can someone point me to dates of good Zoo TV tour and Popmart tour bootlegs please?

thanks!

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 01:24:06 PM »
Can someone point me to dates of good Zoo TV tour and Popmart tour bootlegs please?

thanks!

Zoo TV: Rotterdam 1992 is off the soundboard and very good.  Dublin 28 August 1993 is a radio broadcast and great quality.

Popmart: as others have said Leeds August 1997 is a nice audience bootleg.  Mexico on the Popmart tour was released as a DVD.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2015, 02:04:11 PM »
Dublin 1993 zooropa gig i taped off the radio and played those tapes until they wore out....memorex c-90!
These beauties...

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2015, 02:06:58 PM »
Dublin 1993 zooropa gig i taped off the radio and played those tapes until they wore out....memorex c-90!
These beauties...

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Should've used a chrome TDK tape you cheapster :P

Waffles

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2015, 04:05:39 PM »
ZOO STATION
THE FLY
EVEN BETTER THAN THE REAL THING
MYSTERIOUS WAYS
ONE
UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD
WHO'S GONNA RIDE YOUR WILD HORSES?
TRYING TO THROW YOUR ARMS AROUND THE WORLD
ANGEL OF HARLEM
SATELITE OF LOVE
BAD
BULLET THE BLUE SKY
RUNNING TO STAND STILL
WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME
PRIDE (IN THE NAME OF LOVE)
I STILL HAVENT FOUND WHAT IM LOOMING FOR

DESIRE
ULTRA-VIOLET (LIGHT MY WAY)
WITH OR WITHOUT YOU
LOVE IS BLINDNESS

Look at this setlist. Just look at it.

I remember how disappointed I was when they dropped Ultraviolet at the GMEX concert I went to on that tour.

There's no elevation in this. What a terrible setlist

Offline u2gw

• Babyface
  • Eclipsed by the moon...
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2015, 07:07:41 PM »
Started with live shows on ZooTV--earlier than some, later than others. Seen everything since, and here's my quick opinions on each:

ZooTV--Absolutely mind-blowing...great use of technology and music together in a way--and on a scale--it seemed no one had attempted before. And irony for miles.

PopMart--To me, seemed a lot like Zoo on the technology side, but with kitsch replacing irony. Loved it, but not as much as Zoo.

Elevation--Still a pretty big scale with arenas, but the back-to-basics, reapplying for best band in the world approach seemed to suit them well. At the time was my second-favorite tour.

Vertigo--Loved it too, but it never really sent me over the top. Saw it three times--including one for free...long story--and all solid shows.

360--The Claw to me was such a spectacle that it took a little bit away from the performance. By then I was starting to think that the technology was surpassing the band in terms of importance.

I+E--Damn near rivaling Zoo as the best. Technology still innovative and mind-blowing, but a lot more heart than they've shown really in 15 years. So much so that I took the plunge and got Dublin tix for the bucket-list trip later this month.

So...my votes went to Zoo and I+E. I agree that if you didn't see the tour, it's hard to really vote on it. JT might have been on there if I had seen it...my favorites of the bootlegs (and of course R&H) are right up there with any other tour.

Blofeld Returns

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2015, 07:48:43 AM »
I went for Zoo TV and I+E.  The only other tour I caught was Elevation and I feel the show I saw last week slightly edged my Elevation show.  PopMart was probably as good as this tour but I didn't see it in person.