Author Topic: bono calling chris martin a wa**er?!??!!  (Read 7554 times)

Offline robert

• Party Girl/Boy
bono calling chris martin a wa**er?!??!!
« on: February 28, 2009, 01:15:57 PM »
wwwwhyyy!!?!??!
im scared and worried whats going on in bonos head???
someone please settle me down.

basically if you didnt know.. after live lounge (bbc radio one)  bono called chris martin a wa**er
this is so stupid because now u2 are going to have a hard time getting on the bbc in the future and also jo whiley must have a dislike for bono now and why would anyone call chris martin a wa**er certainly on live popular radio when chris martin loves u2?!?!!!!???! its so stupid!!

some one please settle me  down!!?!?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 01:23:15 PM by robertbusby »

Offline U2STORM

• Wanderer
  • Me 2008
Re: bono calling chris martin a wa**er?!??!!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 04:15:09 PM »
a wa**er? are you kidding me? First, I can think of at least a few more offending words that Bono should have called Chris martin :D lol I mean c'mon Coldplay is a complete rip off of U2! And I highly doubt Chris Martin gives a sh** if Bono called him a wa**er in the first place.

Chris Martin tomorrow, "OMG Bono just called me a wa**er, now I'm gonna go crawl into a corner and slit my wrists! Oh no!"

Who cares......Chris Martin is a wa**er. There now I said it.

I tip my hat to Bono for being Bono. ;)

And for the record, what the hell is a wa**er in the first place? Its the lamest insult I've ever heard :D   

joegtheog

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 04:18:02 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
a wa**er? are you kidding me? First, I can think of at least a few more offending words that Bono should have called Chris martin :D lol I mean c'mon Coldplay is a complete rip off of U2! And I highly doubt Chris Martin gives a sh** if Bono called him a wa**er in the first place.

Chris Martin tomorrow, "OMG Bono just called me a wa**er, now I'm gonna go crawl into a corner and slit my wrists! Oh no!"

Who cares......Chris Martin is a wa**er. There now I said it.

I tip my hat to Bono for being Bono. ;)

And for the record, what the hell is a wa**er in the first place? Its the lamest insult I've ever heard :D   

Chris Martin is currently sobbing into his stuffed animals

Offline zoomanda

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 04:47:46 PM »
I think you'll find that Bono was joking. It's called sarcasm.

joegtheog

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 04:50:05 PM »
I think you'll find that Bono was joking. It's called sarcasm.

So was I.  I think these two have a mutual admiration society.  No Oasis-Blur nonsense for these chaps.

Offline zoomanda

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 08:23:11 PM »
hehe
and the fact that Bono must have had a personality change over night.

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 08:49:47 PM »
Chris Martin is probably ripping up his U2 posters in his bedroom as we speak as well as banging his head against the wall to the tune of HMTMKMKM.

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 01:07:13 AM »
wwwwhyyy!!?!??!

basically if you didnt know.. after live lounge (bbc radio one)  bono called chris martin a wa**er
this is so stupid because now u2 are going to have a hard time getting on the bbc in the future and also jo whiley must have a dislike for bono now and why would anyone call chris martin a wa**er certainly on live popular radio when chris martin loves u2?!?!!!!???! its so stupid!!

relax bono said it in jest... he was comparing chris martin to paul mccartney at the time he also called him a cretin,bono has been saying lots of good things about coldplay all week in interviews over in the uk.it was all tongue in cheek .i wouldn't worry about jo whiley she has known the band ages and she knows what bono can be like,you get what you get when you interview him !!

Offline dangerous and honest

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Outside its a car park! Outside its a car park!
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 01:49:14 AM »
U2.com are certainly very keen on trying to clarify the context of the comments.

In the article 'On Coldplay, on Radio 1' the interview transcript contains helpful signposts such as 'gasps', 'laughter' and 'getting serious'!

I listened to it live and it was really quite an effective slur! I did get the impression Bono was joking, although not immediately.

The media seems to contain stories about how there is actually some friction between the two of them, though other circles have them as good mates. Whatever the reality of their relationship - I agree with Bono  :D

andyt

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 04:13:10 AM »
wwwwhyyy!!?!??!

Chris Martin is a bit of a w***er, but Bono is probably more of one.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 04:15:16 AM by andyt »

Offline robert

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 05:11:10 AM »
"I think you'll find that Bono was joking. It's called sarcasm."
THANK GOD!

seriously its great to see chris martin and bono on the same page theres alot of love there lets keep it that way pleeeassseee!!!!!

:D

Offline zoomanda

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2009, 05:47:28 AM »
The media just love to stir up sh** and made it sound the complete opposite of what it was.
Jo Whiley would be under contract as a host to say what she said because members of the British public may get offended by the apparent swear words, not that Bono was "having a go."

You gotta question these things before believing what you read. You know Bono has more class than to slur a fellow musician on air.

Offline manofkent

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2009, 06:35:04 AM »
I think a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I think Coldplay have overtaken U2 like it or not. They are not a U2 rip off either, Yes they produce anthemic anthems but so do oasis and nobody says oasis rip off U2.

It seems Bono is feeling the pressure.

I saw U2 in Sydney a couple of years ago and I was dissapointed. The sound was awful. Seeing Coldplay in two weeks so Hopefully they will be better

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 06:47:25 AM »
I think a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I think Coldplay have overtaken U2 like it or not. They are not a U2 rip off either, Yes they produce anthemic anthems but so do oasis and nobody says oasis rip off U2.

It seems Bono is feeling the pressure.

I saw U2 in Sydney a couple of years ago and I was dissapointed. The sound was awful. Seeing Coldplay in two weeks so Hopefully they will be better

No doubt Coldplay is one of the best selling and more popular bands out there today, however I do not think they have overtaken U2 nor will they ever. Coldplay has not and will not ever become "symbolic" of something greater than themselves as U2 have. Coldplay has not tapped into the consciousness of a generation the way U2 had and still do. It's comparing apples and oranges or Lemons.

OK now I am sure I have started something. . . .

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2009, 07:43:28 AM »
what exactly is a wa**er?