Author Topic: Will BTBS be cut from the upcoming Paris Show?  (Read 1038 times)

Offline bonoedge

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Will BTBS be cut from the upcoming Paris Show?
« on: November 29, 2015, 08:28:13 PM »
I heard a rumor through a friend that the band was going to cut Bullet the Blue Sky from the setlist of the show for the Paris make up shows. Is this true? It makes sense that they would do this, but they haven't really been a band to change their shows. I know a rumor went around that Sunday Bloody Sunday was going to be cut from Elevation Tour after 9/11 but we all know they kept it. Do you think they will?

Offline ultravioletlight

• Numb
  • Chicago, IL
Re: Will BTBS be cut from the upcoming Paris Show?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 09:06:56 PM »
No.

Waffles

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 11:46:01 PM »
There was the rumor of cutting Wolves from Belfast. But that was false. I doubt they will change the setlist. Expect a standard list with the paris songs online

EdgeWanderer

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 12:02:02 AM »
There's no way they are cutting Bullet. It will likely just be more emotionally charged, and understandably so. :(

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 01:48:05 AM »
They played it at Paris 1 & 2 (even with shorter set list), when these shows would have been considered to be rehearsals for the big HBO show.

No, they won't cut it, it's brilliant, a highlight of this tour.

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 05:33:36 AM »
Highly unlikely.  My guess the show will unfortunately be the same as the HBO leaked broadcast with the shortened setlist.  Does U2 know how to change a setlist anyway?  They couldn't even come up with 1 or 2 different songs to offer something special for the hometown Dublin crowd.