Will Invisible be played live again

Yes
48 (48%)
No
32 (32%)
Maybe once in a great while
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Author Topic: Will Invisible Ever be played live again?  (Read 4074 times)

Waffles

Re: Will Invisible Ever be played live again?
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2016, 09:00:50 PM »
This song is so weak live. The vocals are weak and I don't understand the appeal of a high school band in the song.

Offline Kite32

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2016, 03:08:38 AM »

Invisible is the closest U2 have come to being a soft rock band like Coldplay. To be fair it's not a bad tune but the way it's presented is just so boring and bland.

As to wether it will be played live again I rather suspect not. They had to continue with it on I&E because it was part of the choreography.

Offline redrunningred

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2016, 10:42:08 AM »
I like the song, but I dislike it on principle live because of the guitar backing track. I am fine with synth backing tracks, their image couldn't accommodate a fifth synth player, I can accept drum backing tracks of it is the EXCEPTION, not the rule, for songs that used drum machines and other tech in studio of course Larry may need help, or if it is a song that keeps him from having full access to instruments, like the conga on I'll Go Crazy from 360, but Larry should generally be the full drummer, which he generally is on the vast majority of U2 songs. But guitar backing tracks take it to far. Call me a Rockist or whatever, but Invisible is the one song where Edge uses guitar backing tracks, and the edge never uses backing tracks, so that's one step to far for me. So while I like the song, I would prefer that they rearrange it in a way that accommodates one Edge guitar part.

Offline This Dave

• Numb
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2016, 02:28:02 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I like the song, but I dislike it on principle live because of the guitar backing track. I am fine with synth backing tracks, their image couldn't accommodate a fifth synth player, I can accept drum backing tracks of it is the EXCEPTION, not the rule, for songs that used drum machines and other tech in studio of course Larry may need help, or if it is a song that keeps him from having full access to instruments, like the conga on I'll Go Crazy from 360, but Larry should generally be the full drummer, which he generally is on the vast majority of U2 songs. But guitar backing tracks take it to far. Call me a Rockist or whatever, but Invisible is the one song where Edge uses guitar backing tracks, and the edge never uses backing tracks, so that's one step to far for me. So while I like the song, I would prefer that they rearrange it in a way that accommodates one Edge guitar part.

I really dont't understand why the guitar backing is necessary for this song. If he just played the lead part, what would be bad about that?

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2016, 04:17:35 AM »
The question is framed the wrong way.  How can one ask if a song will ever be played live again when it hasn't been stopped playing live?

It would be better to pose this question for songs that haven't been played live for a long time such as Exit or Mofo.

Or it might be better to ask: "Should they stop playing Invisible live?"

After all, how can you ask this question when they haven't even stopped playing the song live?

Cheers,

J

iehomecoming

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2016, 08:13:10 AM »
There is nothing wrong with how it is framed. At no point was it assumed it had stopped being played live.

Behind the Barricade

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2016, 08:25:51 AM »
The question is framed the wrong way.  How can one ask if a song will ever be played live again when it hasn't been stopped playing live?

It would be better to pose this question for songs that haven't been played live for a long time such as Exit or Mofo.

That would be a different question altogether.

Maybe you should start a new thread to pose it.

hrsan

« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2016, 02:29:16 PM »

Or it might be better to ask: "Should they stop playing Invisible live?"

After all, how can you ask this question when they haven't even stopped playing the song live?

Cheers,

J

They have stopped.  This part of the tour is over.  The speculation is whether it will continue or not.  Will it stop altogether or will it continue and if it does continue, would it be a new staple in future setlists or will it just make an appearance at one or two shows.

Waffles

« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2016, 04:26:19 PM »
It could work really well if iris closes into it