Author Topic: Adele & Bono  (Read 2703 times)

Offline Yaro

• Stateless
  • Everything you know is wrong
Adele & Bono
« on: December 26, 2015, 04:25:01 PM »
Interesting..Bono & Adele-(Rolling Stone magazine) Adele-She had intriguing conversations with U2's Bono, who is a fan.
"He did seem genuinely intrigued by me," she says. "He was always asking about my method and I was like, 'I haven't really established one yet!' I was like, 'I'm still like only two albums deep!" But he said the most interesting thing. I said to him, like, 'How can you write so many amazing songs about one person?' Meaning his wife. And he said they were all about God, which I thought was so f****** amazing. It never even occurred to me that you could write 'With or Without You' about God. And I'm not religious myself but I appreciate religion so deeply because when my grandpa died, I don't think my nana would've got through it without her faith

Sadly I think she also recently said something like- (I thought she was referring to U2 apple give away) -, I dont care how big you are,you can be the biggest band, if I don't like you,I don't want to listen to you in my house if i didn't buy your album...?? I personally dont get the(34) countries chart topping(NO.1) of her album..good voice, but music is ,,ok"that just me......anyways,nice warm weather for all of us  east coast USA for Christmas :-) :-) enjoy

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
Re: Adele & Bono
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 08:42:14 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Waffles

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 11:48:34 PM »
Interesting..Bono & Adele-(Rolling Stone magazine) Adele-She had intriguing conversations with U2's Bono, who is a fan.
"He did seem genuinely intrigued by me," she says. "He was always asking about my method and I was like, 'I haven't really established one yet!' I was like, 'I'm still like only two albums deep!" But he said the most interesting thing. I said to him, like, 'How can you write so many amazing songs about one person?' Meaning his wife. And he said they were all about God, which I thought was so f****** amazing. It never even occurred to me that you could write 'With or Without You' about God. And I'm not religious myself but I appreciate religion so deeply because when my grandpa died, I don't think my nana would've got through it without her faith

Sadly I think she also recently said something like- (I thought she was referring to U2 apple give away) -, I dont care how big you are,you can be the biggest band, if I don't like you,I don't want to listen to you in my house if i didn't buy your album...?? I personally dont get the(34) countries chart topping(NO.1) of her album..good voice, but music is ,,ok"that just me......anyways,nice warm weather for all of us  east coast USA for Christmas :-) :-) enjoy

Her voice is decent but her songs are rubbish

Offline Blueyedboy

• Running to Stand Still
  • Embrace the challenge
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 03:17:32 AM »
I'm not going to comment on Adeles talent, although not quite my bag, I can't argue with the figures her album and songs consistently pull in.
She sounds genuinely respectful of U2 and humbled that Bono would converse with her about music so early in her career.

I wonder if the conversation took place when EBW was embryonic, there is definitely an Adele vibe going on in that track.

Offline Gavin82

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 11:13:32 AM »
I think all her 90 Arena shows are sold out now & the price of her tickets on the 2nd market is unrealher MSG are in the thousands for best seats.

So the demand must be there for her

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2015, 11:43:12 AM »
I think all her 90 Arena shows are sold out now & the price of her tickets on the 2nd market is unrealher MSG are in the thousands for best seats.

So the demand must be there for her

Demand is definitely there for her, but I believe part of that is because she has almost taken a page from Enya by not really touring, so there is some mystery there.  I run hot and cold toward her music but I really cannot see her as being that entertaining live.  I see her as more of a cabaret act in smaller venues. Not arenas or stadiums.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 02:10:53 PM by Belisama »

Offline Gavin82

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 01:30:26 PM »
Yeah very good point we don't see her out much + its all Arenas making it harder to get tickets any waysalso looking like she could be a headline act for Glastonbury 2016 her last scheduled EU show is Wednesday 15th June then its over to the USA 1st show is Tuesday 5th July in the Xcel energy center

Soo plenty of time for the rumoured Glasto set

Offline skelter

• Staring at the Sun
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 07:16:58 PM »
Lol Bono is trying to hang off Adele and her relevance. (jkjk).

Seems like Adele is the anointed diva of the 2010's (think Mariah Carey, Celine Dion's league). Respect that she writes her own songs (alone, for the most part?). Her tunes seem melodious (certainly radio friendly) and interesting/catchy enough. No doubt she's in the top 5 most hyped artists in 2015.

It's nice that the top female pop acts currently aren't all conventional knockouts (T Swizzle, etc)

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 10:02:37 PM »
I don't hate Adele, but I hate her songs. She has a lot of talent, though.

Offline Nico

• Refugee
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 10:04:06 AM »
Adele wants longevity and Bono wants success but neither can have both

Offline Nico

• Refugee
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2015, 10:06:30 AM »
Let's hope U2 can have success with SOE ( they have earned it) and Adele makes an album for new fans

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2015, 03:40:51 PM »
Adele wants longevity and Bono wants success but neither can have both

Why not? Keep in mind that success is a very subjective word and some might argue so is longevity.

Offline Nico

• Refugee
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2015, 04:39:20 PM »
True