Author Topic: Not-So-Bold 2016 Prediction: There Will Be No "Songs Of Experience"  (Read 7575 times)

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
Re: Not-So-Bold 2016 Prediction: There Will Be No "Songs Of Experience"
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2017, 06:18:16 PM »
There will be a "Songs of Experience".  It just won't be soon.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2017, 06:24:57 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There will be a "Songs of Experience".  It just won't be soon.

Given that Xmas announcement I fully expect a SoE this year, and probably in the first half of the year too.  I think TJT stuff is designed to drum up interest and not a stop-gap measure, but we'll see what they announce next.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2017, 10:06:30 AM »
I am openly predicting on this forum that U2 will re-record either She's a Mystery to Me or People get Ready as a single. It really seems that U2 are going back to the roots for this one especially with the opening acts.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2017, 10:59:13 AM »
I am openly predicting on this forum that U2 will re-record either She's a Mystery to Me or People get Ready as a single. It really seems that U2 are going back to the roots for this one especially with the opening acts.

She's a Mystery would be good, though I can't see anything topping the original.

Spacejunk69

« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2017, 03:38:40 PM »
[quote ]

All that I can say is that the entire calendar year of 2016 will be done and there won't be any "Songs of Experience" and chances are there won't even be the slightest hint of new material - unless U2 believe so much in one of the songs they are working on that they will release it as a single like "Invisible" or just give it to some big upcoming move.

When all is said and done, my prediction would have been right again.  Hope you all enjoyed the ride and the read.

Cheers,

J

Nice to see myself proven right again, as usual.

In this thread, some accused me of being overly negative but on the contrary i was positive having predicted U2 would tour. They never did.

Maybe time to start a 2017 album prediction thread?

Cheers,

J
[/quote]

LMAO. Is this guy for real?  It will be interesting to see how you worm your way out of this if, as I suspect they may do, release SOE this year. Jick - you sound like the type of person who can not ever admit he is wrong.

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2017, 06:47:51 AM »
Based on the recently announced tour, and The Edge's interview where he is really "stretching" by trying to blame Trump for the Songs of Experience delay, it looks like we don't be seeing any Songs of Experience album.

Therefore, I am carrying over my 2016 prediction to 2017 - no album this year.  Hope you all enjoy the Joshua Tree Tour!

Cheers,

J

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
I don't think there will be a SOE either. The Edge seems like he's trying to worm out of it. The album feels old before it's even been released they'll give it a new name at least should they decide to release it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2017, 07:18:49 AM »
oh, this is just too depressing...I'm out of here...have a lovely day!

Offline John Galt

• Numb
  • The hands that build can also pull down.
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2017, 07:21:15 AM »
Sorry to revive and old thread, but I said I will revisit it at the end of the year.

So 2016 is over and we never got "Songs of Experience."

It looks like 2017 will be a Joshua Tree Tribute tour with a new Joshua Tree reworked single.

Still no sign of Songs of Experience.

My handle is "J" as in junior ....Nostradamus Junior. ;)

Cheers,

J

It wasn't exactly a daring prophesy was it?  I mean the trend since 2004 of a new album every four to five years means that the next album was always likely to be released in 2018-19.

Carry on partying like it's 1999.