Author Topic: Worst U2 song?  (Read 8601 times)

Offline Doc_Holiday

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Worst U2 song?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2016, 07:38:02 PM »
Invisible was remarkably the first U2 song I've ever skipped in a playlist... So that's the worst for me. I think it's their most embarassing effort, U2 at their blandest

Offline Kite32

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2016, 12:23:07 AM »

Pride - U2 at their most pompous
GOYB - enough said
All because of you
California
When love comes to town

Plus their Karoeke pub band cover versions of Dancing Barefoot and Everlasting Love are horrible

Offline LToy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2016, 12:45:09 PM »
Get On Your Boots
Ordinary Love
Staring At The Sun

Offline ZooropaNumberOneFan

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2016, 05:44:48 PM »
the first five tracks of All That You Can't Leave Behind are some of the best content U2 has ever created. but the album faceplants from there. those are probably my least favorite U2 songs.

In A Little While, Peace On Earth, Grace, Wild Honey, etc. All really crappy.

Offline very good

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2016, 07:03:04 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
the first five tracks of All That You Can't Leave Behind are some of the best content U2 has ever created. but the album faceplants from there. those are probably my least favorite U2 songs.

I agree with this except I extend the brilliance to track 6 before the face plant. Please have a listen to in a little while at full blast (especially the coda) and see if you can reconsider?!!

Spacejunk69

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2016, 09:25:43 PM »

I agree with this except I extend the brilliance to track 6 before the face plant. Please have a listen to in a little while at full blast (especially the coda) and see if you can reconsider?!!

I cant think of anything more torturous. Is an abysmal song in every sense of the word.

Offline tom_b1807

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2016, 12:53:57 AM »
Some Days Are Better Than Others.
Just plain bad.

I second this.

Some songs are better than others  ;D

Behind the Barricade

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2016, 01:58:38 AM »
The Sweetest Thing. Not a bad tune on the face of it but this song is evil. If it wasn't for the good press the band got for "returning to the classic U2 sound" with this song

No the press got it all wrong, they actually returned to the classic U2 sound on Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of.

iehomecoming

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2016, 08:06:03 AM »
The Sweetest Thing. Not a bad tune on the face of it but this song is evil. If it wasn't for the good press the band got for "returning to the classic U2 sound" with this song

No the press got it all wrong, they actually returned to the classic U2 sound on Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of.

I had been a U2 fan since 83 and in no way did the moribund plodding Stuck remind me of "classic" U2

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2016, 09:23:09 AM »
ok, this thread has made me laugh, a lot! Yeah, some of the songs mentioned may not be U2 at their best, but even the worst U2 song is better than no music at all. I love their music, even the "bad" songs. It's a fun thread to read, though, so continue on...I need the laughs!

LightMyWay92

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2016, 09:43:05 AM »

I had been a U2 fan since 83 and in no way did the moribund plodding Stuck remind me of "classic" U2
"Stuck in a Moment" didn't really have a classic U2 sound.  It's was something a little different for them.  I admit that when All That You Can't Leave Behind was new, I wasn't that much into the song.  I've since been able to appreciate it.  It's a well-written pop song with a pretty strong chorus.  I also always liked the harmonizing vocals at the end. 

Spacejunk69

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2016, 10:12:31 AM »

The funny thing about the Sweetest Thing -  the original b-side form the 80's was brilliant, and 'classic 80's U2 sound - funky, rocky. The re-release was a terrible  poppy effort to try and chart.

And Stuck In A Moment is just plain bad.

Offline Vox

• Running to Stand Still
  • Time is irrelevant, it's not linear.
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2016, 10:28:19 AM »
"Peace on Earth," by a mile.  Whenever I hear this song, I understand the crazy things people say about Bono in the comment sections at the bottom of articles. 

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2016, 11:20:49 AM »

Oh come on, you're telling me you can actually tell Stuck in a Moment and Electric Co. apart?

Offline tom_b1807

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2016, 11:23:43 AM »

At least you think WILATW is at least listenable, I'm guessing? If New York was half the song it is live on record then it would still be much better.