Poll

What do you consider the worst thing since and including the I&E release?

Method of I&E Release
U2.com subscriber gift (four high quality serigraphs)
Static Set List
Restriced stage views
Promises of SOE release
Other

Author Topic: Worst Move Since I&E release  (Read 1473 times)

Behind the Barricade

Re: Worst Move Since I&E release
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2016, 10:44:54 AM »
The restricted views.  An inexcusable design fault with the band knowing full well the impact it would have on many fans enjoyment of this particular show.  I don't like anything that smacks of treating one's customers with contempt.

I didn't have a problem with the static nature of the setlist.  I was lucky enough to get a full band Desire and tour debut AIWIY at my show.

Offline Marvinho

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 10:50:30 AM »
Full band Desire and All I Want Is You? O2 Arena 4th night? It was indeed a glorious evening.

For me it's yet more empty promises of new records ... Songs of Ascent was meant to come out pretty soon after No Line ... and didn't. Surely they wouldn't do it again? Songs of Experience was meant to follow Songs of Innocence and yep, they did it again.

Offline ShankAsu

• Desert Rose
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 11:33:43 AM »
I think SOE is coming very soon.  The fact the tour referenced it and is meant to be a two part experience, I wouldn't blame them just yet for not delivering.  I just hope they don't feel the crunch to put it out based on what they planned for the tour.  All the people who were unhappy where the band toured recently (or where they didn't tour) I think will be happy when the next part unrolls.

Behind the Barricade

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2016, 10:17:16 AM »
If the tour a new album expect a brand new stage show, very possibly in stadiums.