Author Topic: Pop Alternate Titles/Track Listing?  (Read 1193 times)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Re: Pop Alternate Titles/Track Listing?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 01:55:48 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
i don't get the hype behind Holy Joe, it's a good b-side but a far cry from album quality song writing.

When I think about the stuff that has made it on to u2 albums post Pop I find your statement there very, very hard to buy into.....opinions and all that though of course...

For me Holy Joe easily outguns the singles u2 lead with post Pop never mind the albums tracks.

Life gets tougher for it when up against the bands 90's output but for me it would have fitted on Pop better than SATS or IGWSHA.

I wasn't referring to post-Pop. I meant the songs that made the album. SATS is light years ahead of HJ. I prefer IGWSHA to HJ to but i know thats not a popular opinion.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 02:32:20 PM »
i don't get the hype behind Holy Joe, it's a good b-side but a far cry from album quality song writing.

When I think about the stuff that has made it on to u2 albums post Pop I find your statement there very, very hard to buy into.....opinions and all that though of course...

For me Holy Joe easily outguns the singles u2 lead with post Pop never mind the albums tracks.

Life gets tougher for it when up against the bands 90's output but for me it would have fitted on Pop better than SATS or IGWSHA.

I wasn't referring to post-Pop. I meant the songs that made the album. SATS is light years ahead of HJ. I prefer IGWSHA to HJ to but i know thats not a popular opinion.

I'd take Holy Joe over the pair as I said - SATS i have always beena but meh about and IGWSHA isn't bad but it is let down by edges boring guitar parts.

Offline Blueyedboy

• Running to Stand Still
  • Embrace the challenge
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 03:17:18 PM »
As good as Pop Muzic was on the tour I can't get behind it being on the album. Live is where this track lives.