Author Topic: Little things that you love about U2 songs.  (Read 1348 times)

WookieeWarrior10

Little things that you love about U2 songs.
« on: May 06, 2016, 10:21:38 PM »
Sorry if this has been done before, but what is something you love about a certain U2 song? Small details you don't usually hear until a few listens or so, but think are really cool and show the amount of effort that went into the song. One example is the keyboard during the bridge of Zoo Station-- you can barely hear it and you need to concentrate for it, but I think it's a really cool sound.

Offline very good

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Little things that you love about U2 songs.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 08:40:28 PM »
The coda of in a little while. Didn't hear it at first then when I did it became one of my favourite U2 moments.

The middle 8 of so cruel. Just wow.

Offline Dali

• Child of Grace
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 01:01:03 PM »
The counter-melody of the guitar during the various choruses of "Staring At the Sun"

The guitar coming from the echo chamber in "Babyface"

That thing that's happening between the bass and the keyboard during the fadeout of the album version of "If God Will Send His Angels"

Bono's vocal oozing soul in "Wild Irish Rose"

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 03:10:48 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The counter-melody of the guitar during the various choruses of "Staring At the Sun"

The guitar coming from the echo chamber in "Babyface"

That thing that's happening between the bass and the keyboard during the fadeout of the album version of "If God Will Send His Angels"

Bono's vocal oozing soul in "Wild Irish Rose"
I noticed this when I last listened to Pop a few weeks ago. You definitely need headphones to hear it, though.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 06:16:36 AM »
I love how Bono's lyrics can be interpreted in so many different ways...meaning something different to each listener. I love how Edge rarely plays the exact same notes/riffs in different verses of a song. I love how Adam's guitar makes me sway when I try to just hear the bass. I love how Larry reminds me of the energizer bunny...he just keeps pounding, never seems to tire.

Offline Marvinho

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 12:34:42 PM »
The lilting guitar part that fades With or Without You out. Beautiful understated ending to a great song.
The cymbal crash in Streets at the end of the intro - bit obvious, but come on, that gets everyone right?
In Gone towards the end when Bono sings "Are you still holding on? I'm not coming down".
The moment at the very start of Electric Co's guitar solo, the rest of that solo and the end of that solo. That solo basically.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 02:10:22 PM »
Oh, I also like how Edge rarely just lets a song end...he always has to add just a little something extra...bless his magic fingers! My favorite example of this would be at the end of Luminous Times/Hold on to Love.

Offline OnlyU2

• Holy Joe
  • Who's to say what it is will break you
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 04:52:51 PM »
Edge's solo during Kite, live in Sydney, Vertigo tour.  Goosebumps.

Offline Doc_Holiday

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 04:19:30 PM »
his dedication to Cate Blanchett kills it for me

Offline Dali

• Child of Grace
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 02:04:05 AM »
Here's another: the double hit on the cymbals after the line "didn't we bang on the drum" in "Sweet Fire Of Love".

Offline Blueyedboy

• Running to Stand Still
  • Embrace the challenge
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 12:48:48 PM »
I love that SIAMYCGOO and The Sweetest Thing end.

Seriously though, I do love the opening minute of Miami, this is the where the key to liking the song lies, in it's drum loop.

Adams baseline from 0:35 on DYFL and from 0:16 on LNOE are killer (Adam owns POP)

I love that songs like The First Time and October are in no rush to get to a chorus.

Finally I love the progressive rise in key on Always Forever Now from the 5:16 mark.

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 03:42:06 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I love that SIAMYCGOO and The Sweetest Thing end.

Seriously though, I do love the opening minute of Miami, this is the where the key to liking the song lies, in it's drum loop.

Adams baseline from 0:35 on DYFL and from 0:16 on LNOE are killer (Adam owns POP)

I love that songs like The First Time and October are in no rush to get to a chorus.

Finally I love the progressive rise in key on Always Forever Now from the 5:16 mark.
Glad you mention it, that's without a doubt his best work. Gone, Mofo, Velvet Dress...