Author Topic: Everything That Happens Will Happen Today  (Read 1874 times)

Offline achtungespresso

• Running to Stand Still
  • I found grace, it's all that I found
Everything That Happens Will Happen Today
« on: March 01, 2009, 05:29:10 PM »
Before this album came out, I downloaded the single for free (Strange Overtones) off the website. Then I got the album because the single was just that good! I love the album. It took a little to grow on me but now I can't stop listening to it. Has anyone else heard it? What are your thoughts on it?

Revolver7

Re: Everything That Happens Will Happen Today
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 06:02:25 PM »
I've heard Strange Overtones, but I haven't heard the rest of the album...I'll have to check it out!

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Free yourself to be yourself...
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 06:06:05 PM »
Strange Overtones is a great song..........I love David Byrne and Brian Eno.....

Offline achtungespresso

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 06:06:59 PM »
It's amazing. You won't regret it, revolver7!
David Byrne and Brian Eno are the perfect duo. This album makes me want to check out My Life in the Bush of Ghosts...

Offline PictureInGrey

• Stateless
  • Restart and reboot yourself.
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 10:23:31 AM »
Definitely check Bush of Ghosts out, achtungespresso! 'Tis wonderful. <3

jimyjazz

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 10:41:46 AM »
Everything That Happens...is lovely.  And Bush of Ghosts...wow!!! Everything Eno and Byrne have done together is great.  Anyone head "the Name of this Band is Talking Heads"? The sound amazing live. Wish I could have seen them.

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 06:57:55 PM »
yep! it's a great album. was listening today in fact! electronic gospel is eno's bag for sure. BUSH OF GHOSTS was a much more revolutionary album from the byrne/eno collaboration. I still can't believe they used reel to reel tape machines to put it together! they didn't have loops at that time. Also check out Brian ENO and Robert Fripp album called "No Pussyfooting" it's like spacey guitar with eno's ambient leanings.

what I like about the newest 'Everthing That Happens..." album is the emphasis on song structure and the beautiful sounds they come up with. It has a lot of space around the sounds and Byrne sounds great on this one!

Offline achtungespresso

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 07:00:48 PM »
I'll be sure to check out Bush of Ghosts and No Pussyfooting!  :)

I also love that there are darker songs on ETHWHT, but also upbeat ones. And each one definitely has its own structure...you could never get bored listening to it, that's for sure!

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 08:56:11 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'll be sure to check out Bush of Ghosts and No Pussyfooting!  :)

I also love that there are darker songs on ETHWHT, but also upbeat ones. And each one definitely has its own structure...you could never get bored listening to it, that's for sure!

oh yeah! it's great for sure. I guess this is kind of what Bono was referencing a little when he was speaking of modern hymns. //Bush of Ghosts is way way different. It's influenced so much music today and countless people (moby included) have ripped constantly from it. of course moby steals from everyone and everything  ::)  But, one of my favorite Eno pieces is called "An Ascent" check that out too! pretty amazing:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login